Hi, y'all...just a little, ole newbie here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzBaby

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Louisiana
Hello, everyone. Just wanted to "check in" and make my presence known. LOL
I've been lurking for a bit, now, and like what I read.
Been vaping for about three months, now. I had quit smoking two years ago, for health reasons...and started vaping because it was either do that...or I knew I would start smoking, again, due to a high stress-load in my life. vaping was definitely the lesser of two evils. I was at the point where I was standing in drug stores...drooling at the check-out counter...whilst staring at the cigarettes and trying to figure out the new packaging (when I quit...they were still called "lights" and "ultra-lights", etc).
Even though I knew it would kill me, and I made a promise to myself and A Higher Power that I would never smoke a cigarette, again, I was going to break soon.
So...here I am...doing the occasional vape...and thinking I shall try to taper off completely in the next few months.
I use 0 MG nicotine carts and juice...and I gotta admit...I just LOVE vaping.:oops:

JazzBaby

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Louisiana
Phreaker, thanks for the kindly welcome. :)
I hadn't had nic for so long...it's not like I was craving it. What I really needed...was the hand-to-mouth action...feeling the "smoke" (vapor) in my mouth...and seeing the "smoke" (vapor).

Tracker II, thank you for the encouraging words. :) And the compliment. :) I like that piccie, too. She reminds me of my grandmother....who was one classy lady.

Dormouse, you're going to get there. Slow and steady wins the race. BTW, love your avatar! :)

Renro

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
New England
Hi Jazzlady,

Congratulations on quitting WITHOUT e-cigarettes, that's one hell of a feat! LOL, i completely understand the drooling part. It was my downfall many-a-time. Unfortunately e-cigarettes weren't an option for me until now.

I'm not sure about the 1 nicotine content. I've read somewhere that they still have trace amounts? Don't quote me on this, I am so new as to be dangerous. It may just apply to the prefilled cartridges or it may be totally bogus. Can anyone verify that 0 nicotine means no nicotine? Even the smallest amount reentering your system would not be good for someone who's quit.

beachpuff

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Lost
I, too, can relate to the drooling. Today is day 21 off analogs for me but yesterday I found myself staring at them in the grocery store, and boy did I want to buy a pack! I have my last 3 cigarettes sitting in my freezer, just in case, but I'm determined to keep them in there. Had 2 a day for the first 2 days of vaping, then I stopped, not wanting to buy another pack.

Congrats JazzBaby!

JazzBaby

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Louisiana
Thanks so much for the nice welcomes and kindly words of encouragement, Swedishfish, Renro, Player30, Beachpuff, and Scooter70!!! :)

Renro, there may be trace amounts of nicotine in the juice I'm using, but I doubt it. It's as thin as water...and I think that nicotine would have to be added to it. I honestly think it's just the PG, VG, and flavorings and preservatives.
I have noticed that juice with nicotine seems thicker and the 0 nic carts seem to dry out quicker, probably because of the thin consistency of the liquid. But...I'm just guessing here. LOL

jtpjc, you are so right! Great avatars! And folks behind those avatars! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread