Hi! Yup, another Noob with a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! Brand new to vaping. Received my Joye Ego-C Twist 1000 mAh kit w/ Vision Ego Clearomizer 2.0 yesterday. Easy setup. Although I am not real pleased with the juice I received.:p As a 1 1/2-2 PAD Marlboro Reds smoker for the last 35 yrs, I thought I should start with a 24mg & 18mg nic level. Ugh! Apparently I was wrong, wrong, wrong. The taste was very strong & harsh. Basically tasted like pure nic. Left a slight burning sensation in my mouth. I am desperate to kick the nasty analogs & feel that vaping is the best route for me after trying lozenges, gum & the patch in the past. I so want to succeed with vaping. ;)

However is there a way to get the right balance in juice so that it has an awesome taste & less harshness? After everything I have read this still is a bit confusing. I am not after the big throat hit that everyone talks about. I guess what I basically need help with is the right recipe for a juice that has no nic taste at all, or is that even possible? :blush: I have smoked analogs for so long they taste terrible & I don't want my vape to taste like an analog. Guess I must be the exception to the rule. I so want to get away from that taste. I do have 5 small bottles of juice arriving any day from MTB, but I do understand they need to steep for at least a week. Is there a reliable source for great tasting pre steeped juices. Ready to vape when I receive them? Unfortunately there are no vape shops in my area to help with this. Would the taste be better if I do a 50/50 and a 12mg?

I have spent a week reading through all the wonderful posts on ECF. This is such a great & helpful community. I love it! Even though I have only been vaping for 1 1/2 days with a nasty tasting juice I have cut my analog intake drastically. I am so determined to quit, quit, quit! Thanks to everyone in advance. I will be so grateful for any recommendations & suggestions.:vapor:

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
You will find a lot of suggestions for terrific juice vendors here. The difference is unbelievable. Buy good juices. I started with Mount Baker Vapor, good, cheap and just got my first order from Moon Mountain Vapor, amazing. I am afraid of trying other vendors, another step up and my head will explode. :D

One other thing, it seems that the larger the juice menu, the more one-noted the flavors are, but that just be my inexperience talking and YMMV.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hi all! Brand new to vaping. Received my Joye Ego-C Twist 1000 mAh kit w/ Vision Ego Clearomizer 2.0 yesterday. Easy setup. Although I am not real pleased with the juice I received.:p As a 1 1/2-2 PAD Marlboro Reds smoker for the last 35 yrs, I thought I should start with a 24mg & 18mg nic level. Ugh! Apparently I was wrong, wrong, wrong. The taste was very strong & harsh. Basically tasted like pure nic. Left a slight burning sensation in my mouth. I am desperate to kick the nasty analogs & feel that vaping is the best route for me after trying lozenges, gum & the patch in the past. I so want to succeed with vaping. ;)

However is there a way to get the right balance in juice so that it has an awesome taste & less harshness? After everything I have read this still is a bit confusing. I am not after the big throat hit that everyone talks about. I guess what I basically need help with is the right recipe for a juice that has no nic taste at all, or is that even possible? :blush: I have smoked analogs for so long they taste terrible & I don't want my vape to taste like an analog. Guess I must be the exception to the rule. I so want to get away from that taste. I do have 5 small bottles of juice arriving any day from MTB, but I do understand they need to steep for at least a week. Is there a reliable source for great tasting pre steeped juices. Ready to vape when I receive them? Unfortunately there are no vape shops in my area to help with this. Would the taste be better if I do a 50/50 and a 12mg?

I have spent a week reading through all the wonderful posts on ECF. This is such a great & helpful community. I love it! Even though I have only been vaping for 1 1/2 days with a nasty tasting juice I have cut my analog intake drastically. I am so determined to quit, quit, quit! Thanks to everyone in advance. I will be so grateful for any recommendations & suggestions.:vapor:

Welcome to ecf. I am with you. Tobacco tasting ejuice is the last thing I will ever vape. Altho almost everyone wants to start there.
Try some simple fruit flavors or a simple 2 flavor like cinna-pear, or a gum flavor, coffee, etc. Many ejuice vendors are very good. Unfortunely, everyone tastes is different. What tastes good to me you might hate. and you will be surprised how much your taste will change as your taste buds start to 'wake' up. don't buy big bottles at first. Try smaller ones like 10ml. Then if there are a few you really can vape for a while, buy bigger. Freedomsmokeusa has a hugh variety, as does j u I c y vapors. Had to spell it that way cause this forum will delete if I don't. Not affliated with either vendor, just like their ejuice. Stick a .com on the end of both and have a look-see. And take out the spaces I put in the last one.

:)

jmoore124

Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
va
I found it difficult to find a good juice after I came over from analogs. My suggestion to you would be to find a local vape shop and go in and sample the flavors they have until you find something that suits you. From my experience, it is nearly impossible to figure out if you will like a flavor by reading reviews online as everyone's perception of flavor is different.

Thank you Sugar_and_Spice. I will check those options out. Can you tell me if I do a 50/50 will that reduce the nic taste or am I looking at this all wrong? I am still a bit confused on the the PG/VG mix. Oh yes, small 10 ml bottles are perfect. That's what I received with my order. Thank goodness they weren't any larger. YUCK! I do have 5 bottles coming in the mail any day from Mount Baker Vapor. From my understanding they are made when ordered & need to steep for a week. :( Holy cow! I will never make it for a whole week...lol. I will check out your suggestions right away. Thank you so much....

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thank you Sugar_and_Spice. I will check those options out. Can you tell me if I do a 50/50 will that reduce the nic taste or am I looking at this all wrong? I am still a bit confused on the the PG/VG mix. Oh yes, small 10 ml bottles are perfect. That's what I received with my order. Thank goodness they weren't any larger. YUCK! I do have 5 bottles coming in the mail any day from Mount Baker Vapor. From my understanding they are made when ordered & need to steep for a week. :( Holy cow! I will never make it for a whole week...lol. I will check out your suggestions right away. Thank you so much....

Smaller bottles don't need to steep as long. I think I would go ahead and try the 5ml bottles when you receive them. If they smell or taste like alcohol just take the top off and let it sit in a closed cubbard for a few hrs. You can do the same with the larger ones, but I would put the cap back on and shake it good at least once a day.
And I do a 50/50 mix also.
PG will give you the throat hit and has better flavor(so some say)
VG will smooth the hit out, be slightly sweet(maybe) and produce better vapor.
And remember to count the days from when they were shipped as steeping time. If the package takes 3 days from them to you, be sure to count that into the total number of days steeped.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hmmmm...I have it set at 3.5, but have tried other settings. Makes a great vape, but same strong nic taste. Guess I should have ordered a lower mg. Thx :)

You can go to walmart and get some VG(vegetable-glycerin to thin it out and cut the flavor and harshness) . I think you can find it in the pharmacy area. And make sure it is USP(which is food grade and safe to use). Just put a few drops in and shake really well (with cap on) and try that. If too thick then add 1 drop of distilled water.

You can go to walmart and get some VG(vegetable-glycerin to thin it out and cut the flavor and harshness) . I think you can find it in the pharmacy area. And make sure it is USP(which is food grade and safe to use). Just put a few drops in and shake really well (with cap on) and try that. If too thick then add 1 drop of distilled water.

I do live in a very small town, but Walmart is one store we do have...lol. It's a small one, but surely they will have this. Going to go look for it today. What a great help you have been. It is definitely worth a try, because what I have now is icky. Nasty as it is I'm still using it though. I am that determined to kick the analog habit. Wish there was a vape shop close by. Nearest I have found is a 4 hr. drive.

Thanks so much for the helpful tips. You are awesome!!! :2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread