Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

supern

Jun 18, 2012
INDIA
Hi all,
Really glad to be here among such a great community. Lots of info here, really helpful. :)
I am here looking for some advice as to what to buy for my dad wh's 20 cigs a day smoker for the past 42 years.
Here, in India not much options available. Found three sellers all probably selling the mini version under different brand names, had ordered all of them before I joined here. One of them arrived and my dad wasn't much happy with it though he's trying.

I am thinking may be I order an ego-t starter kit($52) from health cabin along with few cartomizers of various brands. For the liquid maybe I could go with 115 ml unflavoured e liquid($17) and add my own flavors.

Am I heading the right way ? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

pixelchick

APV Coterie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Kansas City
Hi supern and welcome to ECF! :)

IMO you are on the right path with the ego-t. It's a great unit for someone new to e-cigs. If you like DIY, then your e-liquid plan looks good as well.

You might want to check out the e-liquid reviews here: E-Liquid Reviews

There's a lot of info for DIY juice as well.

Hope this helps you! :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi supern and welcome to ECF. Yes I've ordered lots from HC and they are reputable. They're also an ECF listed vendor. Order the eGo C but WITHOUT the tanks as many have reported problems with the tank leaking. I'd advise buying the clearomizers
Vision eGo Clearomizer V3 (Exchangeable & Detachable) as they are very easy to fill and last a long time.
Fo
r the liquid maybe I could go with 115 ml unflavoured e liquid($17) and add my own flavors
Yes but you would have to buy a higher nic level and mix it with PG and VG + flavoring. Here's an easy to use Juice calculator. As for PG and VG buy it from the drug store- much cheaper- VG in the first aid/ band aid section and PG special order usually- if they ask about the PG tell them either you are making non allergenic soap or candles. Make sure the PG and VG id Food Grade.
eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

Last edited:

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello & welcome Supern :)

Health Cabin are an excellent supplier, however, you would be better ordering an ego kit with out the "T" system as so many folks have problems with leaking. An ego or Riva with Boge cartomisers or ego vision clearomiser V2 would be far better for your dad than the T type tanks.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
LOL it seems to be common and every time I start typing I now look up to see if there are any "swans" flying around. I also agree with Chrissie- the Kgo/ Riva is a far superior PV compared to the eGo. Unfortunately Health Cabin does not sell them but Chrissie knows of a vendor in the UK- well worth the wait IMO.

Lol, Vapoor eyes er, I crossed posts with you :D

Last edited:

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Welcome! There are different schools of thought on this. Some will say the variable volt devices like the Provari and Vmax are the best way to go. Others truly believe that starting with a starter kit that looks and feels like a reel cig is the best way to go...because it looks and feels like what the smoker has become accustomed to. I think v2 cigs has a nice setup that is easy for smokers that don't want to be bothered with mixing juices or filling cartos.

Also if your dad is not showing any interest in making a switch it can be hard to get him to change! It seems like those who are successful with ecigs are enthusiastic about finding a better solution! Electronic Cigarettes | E Cigarette | V2 Cigs. I have a Provari and Vmax and Vector Varible Volt! These are my favorite, but I would say an ego t or something that more closely resembles a real cig is your dads best bet for starters!

Bullbox

Moved On
Jun 20, 2012
St. Cloud, FL
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
Hoosierecigsupply sells the KGO kits for about $45. Sweetvapes also has a KGO with stardust style clearos. I would recommend a KGO/Riva over a standard Ego batt.

ETA - Sorry, just saw you were in India. Shipping may be a problem.

Brent over at Hoosierecigsupply.com does ship international.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread