Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

e-smoker

Dec 19, 2007
United kingdom
Hey smokeyjoe good to see you got the forum started!!

Hopefully we can get this forum filled up in the New Year.
Btw it is me Liverpoolfc from the dutch forum!
Thought i would join you on this forum and share views and tips with you.

I will do some reviews for you when i have time as i have alot of different E-cigarette samples from different factories.
Btw the e-cigarette im selling is still the best mini size available! ;)

I dont know what i did to it but its working so good now.
Its actully producing more smoke then a normal ciggy and giving me the burning sensation i get from a ciggy!

Well chuffed now!

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hey there e-smoker!

Good man, thanks for joining and I look forward to your product reviews. Very encouraging news about your mini ciggie - I shall have to get one!

Obviously I've only just got the forum running and I will change things around as I get a clearer picture of what it should look like. If you have any ideas please let me know and I will incorporate them.

In the meantime I will link to your shop in the suppliers list.

Cheers! SJ

e-smoker

Dec 19, 2007
United kingdom
woody said:
Hi
I am new here too. Used e-cigs since September and am looking for e liquid with more taste than the e-cigs brand. Also, how is the "mini different"?

Hi Woody,

Welcome to the club.

I will be bringing in e-liquid later on this month but personally i havent tried it.
Apparently its excellent for dry smoking but sometimes can leak into your mouth,

The mini is much smaller then the pen style and produces more smoke.
The ones you see around are copies of Ruyan and Ruyan originals do not actully produce much smoke because they made it more for the taste rather then the smoke.

woody

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2008
Hi e-smoker
Thanks for the info. OI have tried dry smoking the liquid and it certainly smokes a lot but the flavour and kick are less than the cartridges. Hopefully someone will come up with a better product. This new smoking method is developing so fast that I'm sure in a few years it will be perfected and will replace cigarettes altogether. I quit smoking a year ago and missed the whole process even 9 months later so I made a consious decision to take up nicotine usage again when I bought my first e-cig and life has improved. :D
The mini looks too much like a cigarette for my liking. Roll on the day we can buy these in Tescos!! :shock:

Langdell

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2008
Just saying hi and introducing myself. I am a longtime pipe smoker, and now a "smoker" of the e-pipe for a few weeks now. (Although this is the E-Cigarette Forum, I'm assuming it's also O.K. to discuss e-pipes and e-cigars!) I still smoke "real" pipes--and don't intend to quit altogether--but since I have had the e-pipe I have reduced my real smoking dramatically from an average of 3-4 pipefuls a day to 1 pipeful on a typical day. (The 3-4 pipefuls was already a significant decrease from the amount I was smoking up until a couple years ago. I was probably smoking at least 8 pipes throughout a typical day. I decided to cut back and started doing so. Then, maybe 9 months ago, I cut back even further when I discovered snus and worked that into my routine as a substitute for some of the smoking.)

In other parts of the forum, I'll post a little more about my experience with, especially, the Ruyan e-pipe and Camel Snus. Both items I have found to be very satisfying substitutes for smoking tobacco. I really love the fact that these alternatives let me get the nicotine and flavor I enjoy (and I do enjoy my nicotine, dammit!) in ways that are probably less harmful to my health and in places where traditional smoking is off limits.

E-smoking is a great invention, and I truly hope it catches on. I want to see these products readily available everywhere and so common that no one freaks out when they see you puffing away somewhere that you're not supposed to "smoke." :cool:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Good to discover my own experience isn't exactly unique. The choice of James Dean by SmokyJoe is dead-on, since this idol from my teen years helped prompt my start on cigarettes. Steve McQueen didn't exactly discourage my habit, either. And everywhere I looked, on the big screen or TV, the stars were smoking. So I began back in the Fifties.

I've tried to quit many times and have smoked a pipe periodically since college. But cigarettes were doing the damage, so, after carotid artery surgery for 95% blockage, I went off cigarettes. Tried the gum, patch, lozenge, nasal spray, inhaler, nasal snuff, chewing tobacco, hypnosis and $400 shots in the shoulder and head that were supposed to make me never want another cigarette (wrong). I did the entire Chantix course, with no effect. Went to cigars and loved them but the cost was outta sight!

So I switched to pipes and discovered Swedish snus at the same time. Great combination. Now I've added the E-Pipe and am just beginning to incorporate it into my daily routine. I hope it can help INDOORS since my workplace and virtually all public places in Florida are smoke-free. I want to use the E-Pipe in these environs (but expect to be looked at like someone with a realistic toy gun in a public building).

I'm a believer in harm reduction for addicts. And, make no mistake, I'm a nicotine addict. Fifty years of hitting it about 30 times a day. I've been off my tubular fixes for six months now. And I still want one when I awaken each day and when I finish supper each evening. Maybe the urges will never go away.

I'll keep coming back to this forum and promise to post some observations on the E-Pipe as I use it more. In the meantime, I can recommend snus and Java-flavored Stonewall hard snuff. If you must smoke, try Dean's Lil Cigars bought on the Internet for less than $10 a carton. Same taste and hit as cigarettes without the tax penalty.

e-smoker

Dec 19, 2007
United kingdom
These e-pipes seem to be getting good reviews.
I can image they work much better then the cigarettes because of the size of them.
I mean how big is the atominizer in the e-pipe?
Any chance of some good photos of these.
I would smoke a pipe but i think ill wait until i get a bit older! :D
Its really nice to see new people on here!
Hopefully we will have this forum full soon. ;)

Langdell

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2008
e-smoker said:
These e-pipes seem to be getting good reviews.
I can image they work much better then the cigarettes because of the size of them.
I mean how big is the atominizer in the e-pipe?
Any chance of some good photos of these.
I would smoke a pipe but i think ill wait until i get a bit older! :D
Its really nice to see new people on here!
Hopefully we will have this forum full soon. ;)

The websites have much better pics of the e-pipe than I can take myself:
http://www.ruyanchina.com/ruyan-epipe-wooden-p-32.html
http://www.e-cig.com/shopping/shopdispl ... t=E%2DPipe
http://crown7.com/pipe.shtml

Since I haven't tried the e-cigarettes, I can only guess about the performance difference, but I suspect the pipes may indeed work better in some respects. Sizewise, the e-pipe is about the size of a relatively large traditional pipe. (It is heavier than a traditional pipe, especially with the battery in, and thus not comfortable to hold in the teeth for very long. I hold the e-pipe with my hand more than I do with a traditional pipe.) The battery and cartridges are larger than for the e-cig, and I gather that they last longer. I find I get about 1-2 day's use out of a single battery charge and about a week's smoking on a single cartridge of liquid. And that is with fairly heavy usage throughout the day. I don't know if the e-pipe smoke is more flavorful than the e-cig's, but I suspect it might be. More flavorful smoking is an advantage that traditional pipes have over traditional cigarettes anyway. (And most pipesmokers smoke at least as much for the flavor as for the nicotine.)

As for waiting till you're older to try a pipe, why wait? I started smoking a pipe when I was 19. (And it was not THAT long ago. I.e., it was not back in the old days when everyone smoked pipes.) I figured it couldn't be that bad for you since most pipesmokers get to be pretty old. :) Anyway, youdon't have to be seen in public doing it unless you want to.

P.S. to TropicalBob: Great to meet a fellow pipesmoker/e-pipesmoker/snus user!

Oliver

Admin
Verified Member
Hey Langdell and TropicalBob, great to have you on board!

Very interesting stuff on the e-pipe - I fancy that might be my next purchase, especially with such a good battery longevity and the increase in "smoke."

So far the biggest drawback has been the quantity of smoke - I can't seem to get any real consistency. Sometimes it smokes real good, other times it is a bit pathetic - but this may be because I own a lower-quality device. The next biggest drawback is definitely the weight of the thing - I only hope that the batteries do get lighter because I'm beginning to get quite an achy jaw!

I read somewhere that the increase in battery power and technology closely follows Moore's law. Ie, every 18 months, the capacity roughly doubles. In other words I would expect the more expensive devices to get lighter pretty quickly. Here's hoping anyway!

Oh, and I'm sorry if the website has been running a bit slowly - I have contacted the webhost and they are sorting it out right now.

All the best, SJ

woody

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2008
Hi All
Pleased to see more people posting! How do you think a woman would look with an e pipe? I think the way we smoke e cigs is more like puffing on a pipe than on a cigarette. Maybe we could have feminine looking models!! Personally the last thing I want is an electronic nicotine delivery system that looks like a cigarette. Smoking cigarettes is so out of fashion now that I think it is better to start a new method of smoking with a brand new look - let's hope it really catches on!

Oliver

Admin
Verified Member
Hey Woody,

Interesting point - I mean if you are going to start e-smoking instead of smoking, why not do it in a totally different way? There's no reason to smoke something that resembles a cigarette just for the sake of it. In fact, if you think about it, you are probably more likely to go back to the cigarettes if you smoke an e-ciggie because you haven't broken the familiarity with it.

Plus I've always had a sneaky admiration for the image of a pipe-smoker. You don't get many younger pipe smokers in the UK, so it would certainly be a statement of sorts.

I may well give it a go!

Regards, SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread