Hide yo Mod, hide yo eGO..and hide you 510 too, they harass'n errybody up in here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

l_strider_l

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Minas Tirith, Gondor
Just experienced the worst harassment ever!

I was at a public campsite in the George Washington National Forest with my family for the Memorial Day weekend. As per my ritual, I had all my stuff spread out as was mixing up a batch of eliquid for my clearo to take on a hike. I was enjoying a vape when a park ranger pulls up and mozies on over. He proceeds to tell me that another camper nearby noticed my "activity" and complained that it might be illegal. He asks me about my "devices" and demands to see the "substance" I'm putting in them. As I try and explain to him what they are and that the eliquid is basically nicotine, he continuously interrupts me. Incredibly skeptical, he takes them to his truck, puts on latex gloves and begins to inspect them as he makes a call on his walkie talkie or whatever. This is when his ignorance and [what I perceived as] antagonism really began to spew. He motions me over to the truck with his prototypical two-finger wag and asks me to tell him what "exactly" is in the "viles" I have. As I don't have access to that proprietary information, I explain what it basically is and how it is used. By this point his suspicion meter has red-lined and he's gotten himself worked up into a confused tizzy as he seemingly tries to catch me in a lie. I am told to stay put while he radios in for more information. After a long conversation with whomever, he turns his attention back to me and tells me that devices like mine are intended for use with illegal drugs and that liquid forms of these drugs are very "similar" to what I have (now he's a chemist). He informs me that the park is full of children and that they cant allow drugs or "anything construed" as drugs in the park. He informs me that it is a federal park and any crime within is dealt with that much more harshly. He informs me that because it is Memorial Day, there is a lack of man power so he'll have to "take my word for it". He then turns his attention to my beer, confiscates it, and tells me he will be by again later to "check in" on us. WOW

#parknazi
#getaclue
#...

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
Seems silly that this officer is having a problem identifying your divice when all he would have had to do is do a web search to verify your divice. At least he didnt conficate it force you back to the stinky alternative.

exactly! with all his surgical gloves and cool walkie-talkie's ... apparently he doesn't know how to google something to verify it's accuracy? lol.

DevastationWagon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
South Florida
Sorry to hear this happened to you.

Good thing you weren't seen taking vitamins. You would've obviously been popping pills. "Anything construed as drugs" ??? Wow...I've never heard that one before.

This sort of crap really sucks. I would have vaped on anyway. F___ people like that. Being ignorant is one thing, but having that big of an attitude and threatening demeanor over an ecig? C'mon man.

SilverCloud

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Central Fl. USA.
I'm not surprised...

Sounds to me like the typical adrenaline rush addicted "official" looking for his superiority fix. We're seeing this more and more nowadays, which is why the public is losing all respect. And of course, you can never get in a word edge-wise. He's "The Man"...even though it's only the uniform and badge that has the power... ;)

Bri

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
  • Deleted by Judge Dredd
  • Reason: Drug reference

l_strider_l

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Minas Tirith, Gondor
Was alcohol not permitted in the park, or was there some other reason for the officer to take it away?

No alcohol permitted in a national park, but it is never enforced. Unless...that is, Rosco P. Coltrane doesn't get his way while looking like a tard and needs something to divert attention away from his ignorance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread