The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

High end vape pipe for use with high nic salt

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by whiteboytrippin, Jan 14, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. whiteboytrippin

whiteboytrippin New Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Hello,

Any recommendations on a high-end (expensive) vape pipe that can be used with high nicotine salt based juice?

I'm looking for one with big batteries. It need not be discrete nor cheap.

I'm looking for:
    - big, perhaps multiple batteries
    - power and ohm meter
    - robust

thanks,

2. FΛDED

FΛDED Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2017
    Austin, Texas
    That's gonna' be a toughy. Most high end mods are used with traditional freebase nic, not salt nic. I've heard of people using salt nic in their refillables and MTL rebuildables but finding a pipe that's high end and used only for nic salts in gonna' be hard to find, especially with a built in ohm meter. You can put salt nic in anything with a tank but I'm not sure it's "ideal" do so or the best idea overall. But.. it doesn't mean you can't, I'm just not suggesting it.

Here's a few I found that take traditional ejuice..

Zen Pipe: This might work, the capacity is small so I'm guessing that the wattage/voltage is low, good for salt nic maybe? But it doesn't have an ohm meter. You'd have to look more into the details and specs if this is what you're looking for. Big to you might be small to me, vice versa. So I'll post a couple more..

[​IMG]

Another.. takes big batteries..

[​IMG]

Stainless..

[​IMG]

And here's one with a digital screen..

[​IMG]
    More I found in google..
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Standard stick style..

[​IMG]

I was probably no help at all. But, I tried. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. United States

United States Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    I don't see this story ending on a happy note...
    Well maybe the undertaker will be happy.

Oh, and
    Don't those things explode?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,

The battery holder shape/form is of no consequence. Tube/pipe/box/pistol grip...
    Select ANY battery device you like and top it with any high resistance tank/atomizer (1.6Ω or higher) you like.
    How long did you smoke and how many per day?
    What level of nicotine salts are you able to purchase?
    Where are you located?

Variable Wattage pipe mods out there?
    Freight Train Mods
    My first dripping pipe
    Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Some epipes have a problem with being protruding button mechs. They are generally older designs, some of which are pictured. Pipe mods in general are usually single battery designs, and as with analog pipes, the high end ones are custom made. You probably want a maker not a model. As for salts, while pipe designs generally predate salts, salts can be used in any device that will take freebase nic.

6. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Sounds like you want a custom made regulated pipe style mod.
    They do exist. There are several such pipe makers. One is epipemods.com. I don’t know if they do regulated mods though which it woulda like is the type you want.

• Like Like x 1
  7. whiteboytrippin

whiteboytrippin New Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Thanks all, this was really helpful!

Reading and thinking about it more, I am drawing the following conclusion.

1. The pipes designed for salt wouldn't necessarily need the larger batteries since they lower wattage (higher ohm).

2. The salt juice is targeted at the user who wants to discretely and quickly get his nic fix without a big cloud (this is me).

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. United States

United States Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Happy ending afterall.
    To be honest my thought was someone looking for maximum nicotine through a maximum power device.

One caution though. When using a pipe while driving some John Q Law folks may get the impression the liquid in it is not legal if you get my drift, so be aware of that. Potential to be unduely harrassed.

9. My Batt Hurts

My Batt Hurts Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2017
    UK
    There's also a Dicodes/Yogs pipe. It's regulated and uses an 18650 battery.

10. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Salt juice is targeted at low power 2011 era tech with small coils and inefficient performance. Salts are a crutch.

Cheers
    I

11. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    It was Juul that perfected and brought nic salts to the forefront. It's formulated to mimic the extremely quick uptake of nicotine into the bloodstream, to mimic what cigarettes do. And to do it with a low volume of vapor inhaled. Freebase is nowhere near as efficient in this regard. Here's a chart used in a suit against Juul. Y axis is measured nic in bloodstream, and X axis is minutes since puff. Freebase nic is the bottom line. Cigarette is blue, and the other lines are different types of nic salts. Juul uses a primarily benzoate salt.
    upload_2019-1-14_13-1-4.png
    Be careful diy'ing them, though. I just got some "hit" version of nic salt, and there still is almost no hit to it. I usually use about 15mg freebase, and even mixing a 30mg with the nic salt, I'm not getting enough throat hit for my preference in an rta. The idea was to reduce the volume of juice I vape by getting nic satisfaction easier, so I'll have to experiment more with a combination of freebase & salts. Seems it'd be perfect for those that don't want TH, though.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Did you get your “hit” nicotine salts from Nicotine River? I just got a liter of the stuff but haven’t used any yet. I have half a liter of freebase to finish off first. I was hoping the hit salts would give me a little TH. I mix my juice around 25mg’s with the freebase and was going for that same ballpark with the salts. I got a liter of the 100mg hit salt 50/50 and a liter of pg and vg. If I combine them all together I’ll have 3 liters of 50/50 33mg hit salt which when I add flavoring will get me my mid 20mg juice. I vape 2 Squonkers with a mesh rda’s, one at .10 ohms and the other is .23 ohms both around 45-55 watts. I don’t feel a lot of TH but when someone else takes a pull they usually cough. I think all the years of smoking maybe damaged my throat so I can’t feel throat hit very good. Anyway hopefully when I get into my salts I get some TH from it. Being ill have 3 liters I’m gonna need to get to like it one way or another. If you find a way to increase the TH you’re getting from it please share in case I need to do the same with mine.

13. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Yeah, it's Nic River's hit version. I hate to say this, but I'm not sure how well that's gonna work for you. I'm surprised how little TH I get out of it. Got home and realized what I actually tried was 25mg rather than the 30 I stated. But still, I usually do 14 or 15mg, and I don't get anywhere near the same hit with this at 25mg. It's kind of weird, as I can sort of tell it's high nic, but it's more of a flavor thing than a TH thing, so it doesn't satisfy me at all.

I'm not going to make any more like this. I guess I'll do my normal 14mg, and just use this as an adder, to get the feeling in the bloodstream. The smooth version must be like it's not there. I got this to use in pods as much as atties, so maybe it'll be a little different in those.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA