HIgh VG low nic still has "scratchy throat" feel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copernicus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canton, GA
Howdy there in vapeland. I'm on the eternal quest for the perfect juices and have found a few I like. I have found that I tend to like the high VG low nic the best. I am currently vaping Blind Tiger "Polly" and found it to be super smooth i.e. no scratchy throat feel. I seem to get along with most of TVC juices as well such as Honey Pearry and Slartibartfast. My problem is that I have tried to branch out to other suppliers like juice Mafia and Boosted but I find that even with the Max VG and low nic that I still get that scratchy throat feel that seems to overtake the flavors of the juice. Is this a property of the flavorings that are added, more steep time needed or just the inherent characteristic of the juices themselves? Also, can anyone suggest some juice companies/specific juices that have no scratchy throat feel. As far as my setups are concerned I usually lean towards my IPV2 or Nemesis clone with a Tobh, Veritas, Plume Veil or Magma.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Have you tried 100%VG juices yet? Some people have sensitivities to even 10%PG or less. I seem to be one of those people!
PG blends from Alice in Vapeland | All Natural Vape Juice have been the only PG blends I can stand thus far.
My main vapes are from Buy all natural organic and gourmet e-liquid by Velvet Cloud, 100%VG. They just started doing sample packs again, so good time to try them!!
I vape Velvet Cloud on either a Zenith V2 on a Saber Touch VV or in a Kayfun Lite+ V2 on a ProVari with no problems.

Copernicus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canton, GA
I have my RDAs set up fairly high and as airy as possible...between 1.4 for use on the IPV but I will build them a little lower to maximize the mech on occasion. I have heard lots of good things about Alice in Vapeland and I will def look into Velvet Cloud. I tried some of the Juice Mafia Cloud series which is no PG at all and it is fairly dull ( I'm assuming from the high VG but it also has a scratchy finish).......Thanx for all the advice so far.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I have my RDAs set up fairly high and as airy as possible...between 1.4 for use on the IPV but I will build them a little lower to maximize the mech on occasion. I have heard lots of good things about Alice in Vapeland and I will def look into Velvet Cloud. I tried some of the Juice Mafia Cloud series which is no PG at all and it is fairly dull ( I'm assuming from the high VG but it also has a scratchy finish).......Thanx for all the advice so far.

We seem to set up our RDAs on the same lines with regard to regulated and mechs. As such, good luck on your hunt for juices.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Most of the problems are from flavourings. People sensitive to PG are about 1%.

That's exactly why I find bland juices to be more suitable for me. Too much flavor and I get bored quickly even if there's no sensitivity effect. I started vaping to replace my Doral ultra lights. I didn't care then for fruit flavored tobacco, either!

I generally vape PG or 80pg/20vg. Mostly I add a little Humco VG only if I feel a juice needs it. Too much and I get the heavy, VG coated lung feeling.

Butt Kickers

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2014
Fancy Ct
m.youtube.com
Have you looked into organic juices ? e.g no artificial flavors and or sweeteners ?
I'm currently waiting for an order from vapegreen.co.uk where I ordered a few bottles of different organic e-liquid all 100% VG

I'm going to check these guys out. Any idea if they ship to the states?

iKeelMellow

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Under Your Bed
Have you looked into organic juices ? e.g no artificial flavors and or sweeteners ?
I'm currently waiting for an order from vapegreen.co.uk where I ordered a few bottles of different organic e-liquid all 100% VG

what? there are organic e-liquids? well i know where im migarting to :D

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Howdy there in vapeland. I'm on the eternal quest for the perfect juices and have found a few I like. I have found that I tend to like the high VG low nic the best. I am currently vaping Blind Tiger "Polly" and found it to be super smooth i.e. no scratchy throat feel. I seem to get along with most of TVC juices as well such as Honey Pearry and Slartibartfast. My problem is that I have tried to branch out to other suppliers like Juice Mafia and Boosted but I find that even with the Max VG and low nic that I still get that scratchy throat feel that seems to overtake the flavors of the juice. Is this a property of the flavorings that are added, more steep time needed or just the inherent characteristic of the juices themselves? Also, can anyone suggest some juice companies/specific juices that have no scratchy throat feel. As far as my setups are concerned I usually lean towards my IPV2 or Nemesis clone with a Tobh, Veritas, Plume Veil or Magma.

If you recently, like the last month or so, stopped smoking it could just be your throat healing. It's one of the things that can happen. Mine lasted a couple of moths. At one point I thought I had strep or some other infection.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I haven't smoked analogs in over 4 years. Almost picked them up again but choose to vape instead. Best decision I've made in a while. I don't think that vaping as a whole is the problem since some juices are smooth as snail snot to me. I thinks it's the flavoring components that are the culprit

Congrats on the 4 years. Guess that lets that out lol. Could be the flavorings. Might consider seeing a Dr. just to make sure everything it ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread