high vg...no pronounced flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swissfactor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
allentown pa
So i am new to this game, five total batxhes made....i generally make a high vg mix...somewhere between 70-75%vg...love the smooth clouds that i exhale and my flavors smel enticing, but i am having trouble making the flavor stand out or pop....mostly tfa flavors mixed at around 15%and i taste the flavor and smell the flavor but it doesnt grab my tongue and take it for a ride...i am tempted to drown the juuce in flavor to get that pop, but am wary bc everyone says just add a bit at a shot....do i need to steep more (@ a week now) or go higher pg or are there other tricks i can use to maintain those clouds without drowning it in flavor?

swissfactor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
allentown pa
My first was 4% pb, 4%butterscotch, 1.5% cocoa and 1.5% chocolate needed some saltiness to taste like the reess pb reeses pb cup i wanted
Then 10% blackberry 3%creme de menthe 2 drops em pr ml, was soo smelly (good ) just didnt pop
Then 10% juicy fruit gum 4%strawberry(ripe) 3%key,lime 1%Sour, no pop either

swissfactor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
allentown pa
I getva great hint of aroma that lets me know the flavor is in gpod proportions...for example, the blackberry is very evident with a hint of mint ( my intentions) but it doesnt taste as it smells, no pop...may try to make a batch with 50/50, and a batch with 75%pg...but im afraid i will loose that fñgreat vapor production and smooth hit (trying with 0nic for now)

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
One thing that may help is some lemon juice in the fruits and cider vinegar in the bakery. Generally its 1 drop per 5ml. And don't forget that a high VG mix may need a bit of extra water to get the right viscosity. I have read somewhere on the boards about people using a saline solution that they buy in small amounts to add some salty and VG opens the door for that since it needs a few drops of water anyway. Your going to have to do a search though because I can not for the life of me remember where I read it or what the saline was. Your percents don't seem overly high to me but of course that tends to depend on the company. I'd try the lemon/CV first and see if that helps pop the flavor for you.

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Cider vinegar does the same thing as the lemon. At low levels alters the PH to be more acidic which changes the way your mouth is able to perceive flavors. Do these mixes have nic in them? If not they potentially will have less flavor kick and if they do then the lemon/CV is to balance the base/alkaline that the nic brings. Another reason that the lemon/cv may bring pop is because most of the foods people actually like on the acid side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread