Status
Not open for further replies.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Please tell me how I tell they are hv attys. Is it the bridge (Low or High)?

The websites mentioned above don't say they are.

How do I know which are HV? (On a 5+ volt box with 901 and would really love some of these) I currently order from Beci.

Thanks so much, and Merry Christmas!! ~ P.

Edit: I'm using 2X CR123a. (Without a limiter in line) I just saw a note that someone said they didn't work well with those batteries, but the link was broken.

Can someone clue me in? Thx.

Last edited:

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
altsmoke, puresmoker, TW, GG, Super T
What are you talking about?! For instance, the yeti is the only 510 adapter I seen on altsmoke, so whats HV about that? Same with the rest of the websites you mentioned. Does any of them have some hidden link to HV attys that I'm missing?! I'm 1 more burnt up atty away from chucking my chuck out a window!:mad:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
What are you talking about?! For instance, the yeti is the only 510 adapter I seen on altsmoke, so whats HV about that? Same with the rest of the websites you mentioned. Does any of them have some hidden link to HV attys that I'm missing?! I'm 1 more burnt up atty away from chucking my chuck out a window!:mad:

Sorry, I misread that as HV mods. I'll edit...

too late

Kewtsquirrel

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
DFW, TX
moddersupply.com
Princess -

The atomizers drew is selling are higher-resistance atomizers designed specifically to handle 6v/7.4v. They lower the overall amperage via higher resistance coils, outputting a wattage similar to 5v on a standard atomizer. They will *not* work on a 3.7/4.2/5v mod, you'll either get very little vapor or none at all. They work amazingly well on 6v/7.4v tho, and all of the reports I've gotten back from the initial testers of them are that they last substantially longer than a standard atty as well.

Basically, you can turn that Chuck/silver bullet/magnum into a 5v mod by simply buying one of drew's atomizers, and without the worry or complications of any electronics going poof at some point.

(Also, for those who participated in the trial run/group buy, Drew carries the exact same atomizers you got from me, and doesn't have to pass on MOQs or shipping delays to you)

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Princess -

The atomizers drew is selling are higher-resistance atomizers designed specifically to handle 6v/7.4v. They lower the overall amperage via higher resistance coils, outputting a wattage similar to 5v on a standard atomizer. They will *not* work on a 3.7/4.2/5v mod, you'll either get very little vapor or none at all. They work amazingly well on 6v/7.4v tho, and all of the reports I've gotten back from the initial testers of them are that they last substantially longer than a standard atty as well.

Basically, you can turn that Chuck/silver bullet/magnum into a 5v mod by simply buying one of drew's atomizers, and without the worry or complications of any electronics going poof at some point.

(Also, for those who participated in the trial run/group buy, Drew carries the exact same atomizers you got from me, and doesn't have to pass on MOQs or shipping delays to you)

So, nerf, is this the same principle as the resister in the Prodigy (cutting 6V of power from the two 3.0V batts down to 5V), but in the atomizer? And does it simply subtract ~2V? If so, wouldn't that cut 6V down to 4V?

If I may squeeze in another question (very slightly off-topic) related to a comment you made in passing: Where can I find out more about that 4.2V mod? It sounds like it might be my "sweet spot." My 5V Prodigy hits me too hard.

[Personal Note: Not being a modder (or having any technical expertise:oops:), I was unaware of your work. I am honored to be in such company in ATE. Obviously, I am a very different kind of "expert.":D]

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Thanks, Nerf.
That was very understandable. I get it now. I was very confused.:confused:

I like HOT vapor. That's why I'm running 2X CR123A. (Without a limiter inline) So probably 6.4 - 6.8 newly charged.

I don't feel like I'm satisfying myself when the vapor is cool.

I also will need some 901 connectors soon so PM me when you're all caught up and over Christmas. I will wait to hear from you, no hurry. Now or after the first of the year, whichever is fine.

And Merry Christmas, everyone! ~ p

DMertz99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Maryland
I just recieved my 901 HV Attys yesterday from Eastmall. They were a little too tame with the BE901 auto PT, but when combined with my DSE901 manual PT, the result is exactly what I was looking for. Lots of vapor, great flavor and average throat hit with DK 11mg Ruyan#4. It's the only combo I've found that beats my 801. The reduction in voltage has to be closer to 1 volt. The 905 runs at 3.7 and only produces half as much vapor even with the RN4075 atty. I would think the 5v Prodigy should be a great match.

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
Princess -

Soooo...this means I can build a nicostick using two 14500 batts WITHOUT having to use a regulator, right?

Su-weet!

OK...I just checked at nHaler and do not see these attys. Am I missing something something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread