The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Highest wattage youve seen ADV'ed

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasers' started by Saintskinny51792, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Saintskinny51792

Saintskinny51792 Senior Member

I was reading on how different wattages can affect flavor, some people are running there all day vape setup at 80w+... which got me to thinking, what is the highest wattage youve seen/heard of people vaping as their ADV?
    I usually vape ~60-70w myself, so 80w isnt a huge jump... but does anyone regularly vape at 90w? 100w? 120w!? 1.21 gigawatts!?!? (and no Doc doesnt count, if you went back to the future and youd vape that high too, but I doubt hes just vaping E-juice.)

lets see where this thing goes...
    READY!
    SET!
    VAPE!

2. Vaping!!!Jables

Vaping!!!Jables Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2015
    110 on my skyborg rda at0.23 ohms. It was warm and tasty. But usually I'm at 50.

San Antonio,Texas

3. DangVape

DangVape Full Member Verified Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Well on my noisy cricket with 0.5 ohm at full battery (4.2x2)8.4V I get 141W, nominal (3.7x2) 7.4V around 110W at (3.5x2) 7V around 98W

On SS 316L 28 gauge twisted dual coil 10.5 wrap around 1/8"
    The trick to high wattage is low resistance per meter build so you can put a lot of metal to achieve the same ohm
    I don't have any regulated mod :2cool:

4. Saintskinny51792

@DangVape so does your atomizer double as a space heater during the winter? Lol I've pumped my Istick to 120w for a kick when I'm feelin froggy, but my Atty gets hot enough for me around 80w after a few tokes... I couldn't imagine 141w

5. DangVape

DangVape Full Member Verified Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    :vapor:Lol if I input my setup in steam-engine I get heatflux of mearly 162 mW/mm² Green in steam-engine scale

If I change for a single wire 28 gauge kanthal in steam-engine it will be scorching 5006 mW/mm² red. :evil:that number is scary

Also this setup is for short draw and fairly large airflow. No way I can get a sustain long draw.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Saintskinny51792

Heat flux is something ive never looked into... oh gooooggllleee I gots another question! If google could talk like siri it would say 'I NEED A BREAK!' lol I cant imagine being in my dad/moms generation...Is it true people had these things called encyclopedias? I guess theyre like web pages but put on some sort of pulp that was made from trees and squished flat... that and they dont update themselves?... THE HORROR!

• Like Like x 2
  7. SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
    0.07ohms was my ADV on triple parallel mech's for a long time!

8. Vaping!!!Jables

Vaping!!!Jables Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2015
    Dam that's scary. What was your watts?@slippy_eel

San Antonio,Texas

9. SLIPPY_EEL

Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
    Ohms law gives 252w on 4.2v but even at 3.8v it's still 206w, so yeah, maybe i was vaping at just over 200.

10. Saintskinny51792

OHM my garsh! lol what was your go-to build?

• Like Like x 1
  11. SLIPPY_EEL

Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
    To remind everyone, i was running this build on a triple parallel mech, running it on anything less is not worth the effort and is dangerous!

I was running dual Alien coil's made from three 26g n60 internal wire's that run in parallel, wrapped in 32g k, four wraps on a 2.5 id mandrel.
    The cotton has to be wicked tighter than normal on the hotter builds or you get a drop in flavour, if the wick is a little on the loose side you get hissing after or and during taking a pull.
    [​IMG]
    I was probably taking half second pull's but getting a full lung fill full of flavour, anything more than one pull in say 5-10min's would give me a whitey :D which was the reason i was vaping it because at the time i was doing a lot of home improvements that i wanted done asap and this build didnt have me sat down taking a 5min vape break lol

The only downside to this build was that i had to refill the wick with juice after every two pulls.

12. Saintskinny51792

I may regret asking, but whats a whitey? is that like getting over nic'd?

• Like Like x 1
  13. SLIPPY_EEL

Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
    Yes pretty much.
    The term comes from the way one's skin turns pale during and after a fainting episode.
    Even vaping 3mg i can make myself feel sick :D

14. Saintskinny51792

I can imagine! I switched from 6 to 3 a month or so ago because every 6mg juice I would try was harsh! I may get a couple decent drags but the rest of the time it was no bueno.
    I had a weird little fainting episode earlier this week... I just woke up and as I took my first step from the bed I realized I couldnt see, and then just kinda...TIIMMMBBEEEERRRR!! lol I didnt get hurt too bad, just a little bit on my hand (and now matter how I try I cant figure out how I did it, I hate that lol)
    Its not a new thing though. I read its a part of having Ehlers-Danlos Syndrom. I was a teen (14-15) the first time it happened and since then its happened five or six times through the last ten years or so

• Like Like x 1
  15. SLIPPY_EEL

Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
    Doh! thats not good! especially when it's not due to a vape cloud :)

16. rootlinux01

rootlinux01 Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Yeah it sucks. I was in a work accident in 2010 which left me having seizures.
    2000mg of Keppra everyday plus other meds. Total about 15 pills a day from one accident. It's a bummer.
    But to get myself on topic my highest vape is 165w on my Eiffel with my TFV4 tank. Have to get the right coil.
    Mostly I use unregulated mods and have not tested the output yet.
    [​IMG]
    Bad pic I know. Still adding to my collection.

17. Saintskinny51792

lol like if I had knocked myself out from walking into a wall because I couldnt see it an inch from my face? it would make a better story if nothing else lol

18. Saintskinny51792

ooh no bueno. I used to date a girl that had alot of seizures... I think it had messed with her brain bc she had some issues, not like 'bring me another diaper' issues... more like 'the TP goes OVER THE TOP YOU BLOODY FOOL! *SMACK* GO FLIP IT RIGHT MEOW"

• Like Like x 1
  19. Saintskinny51792

latley Ive been running my Istick at half that, 80w on a 0.17 ohm dual 2.5mm SS316L build... lol you guys got me feeling like a tootle puffer, maybe a modwomper on a good day hehe... maybe I should go back to my 11w MVP 2 and Iclear 30 :lol:

I was watching the Grimm Greem vlog the other day after I had filled my moms set-up for her... what did I see when he got to the 'retro vaping' segment? Iclear 30s, the same tank I had just filled for my mom a minute earlier... I laughed out loud for the first time in a couple months

20. darkvape

darkvape New Member

May 25, 2016
    hello, new member here but not so new to vaping.
    i vape daily at 120-140 (rx200dna avocado 24 dual 7 reps twisted 24g kanthal)
    but for my highest and wildest vaping experiance it probably was using the rx200 upgraded to 250 vaping it 230watts on my temple rda (dual MEGA coils, 22g twisted kanthal 6-7 reps 45mm inner diameter) wicks burn every 14th hit and FRESHLY charged batteries (3 3000mah 35a batteries) doesnt last any longer lol.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.