Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hello everyone, thank you sourcemore online store for sending me B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs mod which is designed and developed by VSS Group for Hippovape Technology Co., Limited.

Enjoy the reading.

Hippovape b'adapt pro 100w sbs mod 1.jpg

► Hippovape B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs mod; Packaging:
    The cardboard box is reminiscent of laminated wood with visible grain and consists of two overlapping drawers with sliding opening.

On the front side through blue writing we find; the name of the device (B’Adapt Pro), the Hippovape logo and that of the VSS Group designer.
    On the back of the package are visible; the Packing list, some specifications, warnings, the manufacturer's contact information, the barcode, the Scratch & Check, the QR code, trademarks and logos required by law. The color indication of this Sample (Dark Wood) can be found on one side of the package.

Hippovape b'adapt pro 100w sbs mod 2.jpg

► Hippovape B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod; Packing List:
    • 1 x B'adapt Pro SBS Box Mod
    • 2 x B'adapt Pro Atomizer Sleeves
    • 1 x User Manual
    • 1 x Warranty Card
    • 1 x USB Type-C cable

Hippovape b'adapt pro 100w sbs mod 3.jpg

► Hippovape B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod; Parameters and Features:
    • Materials used: Steel and PC
    • Dimensions: 80.5x52x28mm
    • Weight: 90g
    • Compatible battery type: 21700/18650/20700 (not included)
    • Connector: 510
    • 0.96 "display
    • Output power: 1-100W
    • Voltage range: 0.5-8.0V
    • Resistance range: 0.1-3.0Ω
    • Smart recognition of resistance
    • Output modes: Watts, Volts, Temp, Bypass
    • Temperature range: 100 ℃ -315 ℃ / 200 ℉ -600 ℉
    • Type-C charging port
    • Cut-Off: 8S
    • Over discharge protection
    • Overheating protection
    • High / low ohm protection
    • Short circuit protection

Hippovape b'adapt pro 100w sbs mod 4.jpg

► Hippovape B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod; Available colours:
    • Tawny Clear
    • Amber Clear
    • Reddish Brown
    • Dark Wood

Hippovape b'adapt pro 100w sbs mod 5.jpg

► Hippovape B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod; First impressions:
    I was surprised (negatively) that in the B'Adapt Pro Sbs package there was no 18650 battery adapter (sold separately), not that this is of vital importance because the Mod still works with 21700 battery, but considering that it is of a small piece worth a few cents I do not agree with this choice of the manufacturer. For the rest B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod is really light, rather compact and has an elegant appearance.

Hippovape b'adapt pro 100w sbs mod 6.jpg

The Mod is made of steel as regards the compartment / battery, the cap and the upper / lower plates. What convinces me the least is the thin 3D plastic material that the body is coated with. I just wouldn't want to test the drop to ground test of this cute Mod, I think the rigid and thin plastic material would definitely get damaged. B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod for consistency is the polar opposite of another SBS Mod like Brunhilde which is made entirely of solid metal and which is certainly heavier to carry, however comparing it to B'adapt Pro 100w it transmits much more confidence with respect to any accidental impacts.

Hippovape b'adapt pro 100w sbs mod 7.jpg

► Hippovape B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod; Front / back view:
    B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod seen from behind has a pleasant "mech style" appearance thanks to the steel tube that houses the battery, the thin plastic parts that embrace the tube at the top and bottom contribute to a comfortable grip. All this to the detriment of the fragile coating material that is exposed first in the event of a fall to the ground of the Mod.

The 0.96 "monochrome display is recessed on the front in a position protected from shocks. Above the display I would have expected to find the Fire button, but in this position there are only the" + and - "adjustment buttons which are housed on to a metal rocker. The display is quite bright and shows in addition to the classic information also the temperature of the PCB. The chipset also integrates all the main safety functions.

► Hippovape B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod; Operation Guide:
    • Power On / Off: Click the Fire button 5 times.
    • Output Mode Selection: 3-click Fire button to enter VW, VV, Bypass, TC (SS, Ti, Ni) TCR menu interface. To select, use the +/- buttons then press the Fire button to confirm.
    • Watt Mode: Here you can adjust the appropriate power (1-100W) in increments / decrements of 0.1W at a time and according to your needs by pressing the +/- buttons.
    • Volt Mode: Here you can adjust the appropriate voltage (0.5-8V) in increments / decrements of 0.01V at a time and according to your needs by pressing the +/- buttons.
    • Bypass mode: With this setting the mod directly sets the adequate power according to the resistive value of the resistance and the battery charge level, simulating a "mech" delivery.
    • Temp mode: When entering Temperature mode, press "+ -" to select between SS, TI, NI, TCR, then press "fire" button to confirm.
    The temperature range varies from 100 ° C to 315 ° C or from 200 ° F to 600 ° F. TCR parameters range from 800 to 8000. In Temperature mode, press the Fire button twice, when the Watt icon is flashing, press "+ or -" to adjust the wattage, then press the Fire button to confirm.
    • Lock / Unlock the power adjustment: Press and hold the "+" and "-" buttons.
    • Lock / Unlock the Fire Button: Press the "+" button and the Fire button at the same time.
    • Puff count: If the vape time is greater than 1s the puff number will be increased by one, if the vape time is less than 1s the puff will not be counted.
    • Puff Reset: Press and hold the "-" button and the Fire button at the same time.

► Hippovape B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod; Alert:
    • NEW COIL ?: Press the "+" or "-" keys to select "Yes" or "No", then press the Fire button to confirm.
    • CHECK ATOMIZER: When the atomizer or the coil are connected incorrectly.
    • ATOMIZER SHORT: When a short circuit occurs.
    • OHMS TOO HIGH: When the resistance is too high.
    • OHMS TOO LOW: When the resistance is too low.

Hippovape b'adapt pro 100w sbs mod 8.jpg

► Hippovape B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod; Side view:
    Stylistically very successful B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod is appreciated in particular in the side view for the successful Mix of steel and plastic "wood style". One of the side panels houses the round shaped Fire key with a metallic texture. The manufacturer's choice to place the Fire button sideways (for my vaping habits) forces me to an unnatural and forced Mod grip, I believe this situation will certainly be better for right-handed Vaper's.

Hippovape b'adapt pro 100w sbs mod 9.jpg

► Hippovape B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod; Bottom view:
    On the bottom of the Mod there is the Usb Type-C port through which the battery can be recharged. Personally, I always recommend the use of a separate charger so as not to unnecessarily tire the Mod circuit. On the bottom of the Mod, in addition to a serial number and legislative marks, there are also three torx screws and the writing "designed by VSS Project X Hippovape"

Hippovape b'adapt pro 100w sbs mod 10.jpg

Reactions: DPLongo22

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    ► Hippovape B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod; Battery compartment:
    The screw cap made of steel has two huge slits for possible safety vent and is equipped with a slightly raised central "handle", easy to grasp with two fingers, the thread is well done so screwing / unscrewing the cap requires no effort.
    On the bottom of the battery compartment there is the + symbol for the correct direction of insertion of the cell.

Hippovape b'adapt pro 100w sbs mod 11.jpg

► Hippovape B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod; Thread 510 + Atomizer Sleeves:
    The cup with 510 thread houses a self-adjusting and spring loaded pin, the Mod can accommodate atoms up to 25mm in diameter and the height between the cup and the top of the battery tube is 26mm this distance can be elegantly bridged with small tank for a good dimensional compactness of the kit.

In the upper part of the body (first image below) there are two joints and on the plate near the 510 thread there are two magnets, this allows the insertion of the 2 Atomizer Sleeves present in the package. These adapters (Atomizer Sleeves) are of "cheap" construction and appear rather fragile, however they make the appearance of the Mod more pleasant but can only be used with Tanks having a maximum diameter of 22mm (second image below).
    For the correct removal or installation of the Atomizer Sleeves and to avoid the risk of breaking them, I recommend carrying out these operations with the tank disassembled.

Hippovape b'adapt pro 100w sbs mod 12.jpg

Hippovape b'adapt pro 100w sbs mod 13.jpg

► Hippovape B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod; Final Considerations:
    During this review I hope I have described the product well and what you might be faced with by purchasing B'adapt Pro 100w Sbs Mod. I conclude by briefly summarizing in the Highligts what I liked most and what convinced me least.

► Pro:
    • Compact, attractive, light
    • 2 Atomizer Sleeves for Tank MTL
    • Mod compatible with 21700 batteries
    • Good battery management
    • Chipset with VW, VV, Bypass, TC, TCR and Smart Function modes
    • Bright and easily legible monochrome display with PCB temperature indication
    • Affordable purchase price

► Tips
    • 3D printed plastic material of fragile consistency
    • Lack of an adapter for 18650 batteries in the package

If you liked the product, you can buy it on the Sourcemore website at a price of $ 31.99 (about € 28.20) by entering the code BP100 at the time of purchase.
    Hippovape B'adapt Pro SBS 100W Box Mod

Thanks for reading.

Hippovape b'adapt pro 100w sbs mod 14.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread