Hippovape Kudos 80W Squonker

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
Looks interesting. I wonder the availability and price of replacement bottles as you sure aren't finding generic squonk bottles for this one.

It seems like it has a fairly normal juice intake pin, so if only there was a bottle that was short enough it could probably work. I have briefly browsed squonk bottles on fasttech but could not find any that would definetely fit, but it is hard to know for sure without the exact dimensions. Standard height bottles would almost certainly not fit.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
With the proprietary connection, I doubt that the vandy vape bottle will work. It might work, but I would guess that it is very likely that the metal squonk tube in the mod would be too long to let the bottle fit because that tube would need to fit down inside the hole in the top cap of the VV bottle. With the silicone tube for the bottle already in that hole, there just won't be room for that metal tube. And without the silicone tube in the hole, the bottle won't work.

• Agree
Reactions: AngeNZ

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
With the proprietary connection, I doubt that the vandy vape bottle will work. It might work, but I would guess that it is very likely that the metal squonk tube in the mod would be too long to let the bottle fit because that tube would need to fit down inside the hole in the top cap of the VV bottle. With the silicone tube for the bottle already in that hole, there just won't be room for that metal tube. And without the silicone tube in the hole, the bottle won't work.

To me it does not seem like the connection itself is proprietary. If you take a look at the bottle there is just a hole on the top. The question is if the diameter of the metal pipe in the mod is somewhat suitable to the silicon tube.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
To me it does not seem like the connection itself is proprietary. If you take a look at the bottle there is just a hole on the top. The question is if the diameter of the metal pipe in the mod is somewhat suitable to the silicon tube.
But with the vandy vape bottle being 2mm shorter than the original, and that tube definitely looks longer than 2mm, it just doesn't look like it would work. If you used an even shorter bottle it probably would work.

Edit- don't know why I typed 2mm I meant to say 5mm.

Last edited:

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
But with the vandy vape bottle being 2mm shorter than the original, and that tube definitely looks longer than 2mm, it just doesn't look like it would work. If you used an even shorter bottle it probably would work.

Edit- don't know why I typed 2mm I meant to say 5mm.

Yeah, you may be right. In any case there are silicon bottles for $2.50 so it should be good. I just thought it would be nice to have another option if I did not like the filling system on the original bottles.

Reactions: Zaryk

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Yeah, you may be right. In any case there are silicon bottles for $2.50 so it should be good. I just thought it would be nice to have another option if I did not like the filling system on the original bottles.
I don't blame ya. And you never know if there is a little extra room under the original bottle that would allow that VV bottle to fit. Just something we have to try to find out for sure I guess.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Come on down @Jebbn and let me know your thoughts on the Kudos mod. I want one ;)
I like it.
I dont like big mods, the VV PulseX for example is over size for me.
The Kudos size falls within the dimensions I like. Similar size as the Luxotics but a little heavier.
The temp control is a mixed bag. It isnt accurate, it is a lot cooler in SS at a 220C read out than the LV Mirage, GV Solo, and the Vaporesso Armour Pro etc. Its an easy to work around, I just increase the degrees until it feels like a similar vape temp to the mirage or other mods Im familiar with.
On the plus side it is smooth in TC mode, a smooth constant draw.
TCR mode is where I have it set, it pretty much matches my LV mirage and GV Solo etc in temp reading and vape experience after tweaking the TCR values.
TC mode is very good, I had a badly over wicked Gate rta sitting on the stand and using it on the kudos had it working hard to prevent dry hits. Shutting it down as the wick dried and opening up as the wick saturated, not a satisfactory vape but a good test for TC mode. I guess for a satisfactory even and smooth vape in TC mode you better get your wicking spot on, which is just as it should be.
The +/- buttons are opposite to other mods I have with side by side buttons. Not a big deal for me but I could see some people having their minds blown by it.
The screen is small but its not an issue for me. The menu is easy to navigate even without reading the manual(I havnt).
The fill port and locking mechanism work well. I see it as a positive experience. I have a couple of spare bottles but as a someone who really only uses unflavoured they are just back ups for the future and spare parts.

Final thoughts about it are, its a squonk mod and it works. There are so many vape products out there that are reasonably priced and work well, this is one of them.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I like it.
    I dont like big mods, the VV PulseX for example is over size for me.
    The Kudos size falls within the dimensions I like. Similar size as the Luxotics but a little heavier.
    The temp control is a mixed bag. It isnt accurate, it is a lot cooler in SS at a 220C read out than the LV Mirage, GV Solo, and the Vaporesso Armour Pro etc. Its an easy to work around, I just increase the degrees until it feels like a similar vape temp to the mirage or other mods Im familiar with.
    On the plus side it is smooth in TC mode, a smooth constant draw.
    TCR mode is where I have it set, it pretty much matches my LV mirage and GV Solo etc in temp reading and vape experience after tweaking the TCR values.
    TC mode is very good, I had a badly over wicked Gate rta sitting on the stand and using it on the kudos had it working hard to prevent dry hits. Shutting it down as the wick dried and opening up as the wick saturated, not a satisfactory vape but a good test for TC mode. I guess for a satisfactory even and smooth vape in TC mode you better get your wicking spot on, which is just as it should be.
    The +/- buttons are opposite to other mods I have with side by side buttons. Not a big deal for me but I could see some people having their minds blown by it.
    The screen is small but its not an issue for me. The menu is easy to navigate even without reading the manual(I havnt).
    The fill port and locking mechanism work well. I see it as a positive experience. I have a couple of spare bottles but as a someone who really only uses unflavoured they are just back ups for the future and spare parts.

Final thoughts about it are, its a squonk mod and it works. There are so many vape products out there that are reasonably priced and work well, this is one of them.

Perfect - thank you :thumb:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    Perfect - thank you :thumb:
    the more I use it the more I like it. But.....

I had a weirdness with it a few hours after the above post. It became quite glitchy
    It wouldnt fire every time I pushed the button. I would get a "shorted" message and it didnt matter what atty I used. It would fire okay for a couple of draws and then wouldnt fire for 3 to 4 draws. I tried the atty's on different mods and they worked fine. I tried different batteries in the Kudos and still it was glitchy.
    Some times screwing an atty down too tight would result in audible clicking and "shorted" message. It didnt matter what atty I used.

Weirdness really kicked in when I left the battery door off to test it while changing batteries and atty's and it worked fine with no glitchyness. I left the door off and studied stuff, there is no way the door affects anthing other than maybe puts a bit of physical pressure on, stuff.
    I put the door back on and it is now working fine and has been for about 6hrs.....even funnier, the TC temp read out is more in line with other mods now. It seems pretty accurate next to the LV Mirage.

I dunno...weird.

I sent an email off to the supplier, still waiting for a reply.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    the more I use it the more I like it. But.....

I had a weirdness with it a few hours after the above post. It became quite glitchy
    It wouldnt fire every time I pushed the button. I would get a "shorted" message and it didnt matter what atty I used. It would fire okay for a couple of draws and then wouldnt fire for 3 to 4 draws. I tried the atty's on different mods and they worked fine. I tried different batteries in the Kudos and still it was glitchy.
    Some times screwing an atty down too tight would result in audible clicking and "shorted" message. It didnt matter what atty I used.

Weirdness really kicked in when I left the battery door off to test it while changing batteries and atty's and it worked fine with no glitchyness. I left the door off and studied stuff, there is no way the door affects anthing other than maybe puts a bit of physical pressure on, stuff.
    I put the door back on and it is now working fine and has been for about 6hrs.....even funnier, the TC temp read out is more in line with other mods now. It seems pretty accurate next to the LV Mirage.

I dunno...weird.

I sent an email off to the supplier, still waiting for a reply.

Weird alright. I still want one - let me know what the supplier says

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2015
    I have had mine for a few days. It is a good quality mod and everything has worked fine so far. It is amazing to have a squonker even smaller than some non-squonk single 18650 mods and still have 7ml capacity and a decent regulated board.

I have one major gripe though: Filling. When I fill through the tiny hole, after a while juice comes floating through the even smaller vent hole. This clogs up the vent hole and makes a mess. Additionally, removing and reinserting the bottle is very hard, so taking it out to fill is not really an option.

If someone has a special technique to fill this I'd be all ears. I use ordinary plastic bottles with pretty tiny tips. I don't think needle nose will work since I use 87% vg juice.

I also ordered the vandy vape dual squonk bottle. I see why it will not fit out of the box, but I have an idea of how it might work with a modification.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread