The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hippovape Kudos 80W Squonker

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by flavourchaser, Oct 8, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. flavourchaser

flavourchaser Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2018
    Hey guys,

Anyone here have one of these and using it for temp control? Is it any good?

Thank you

• Like Like x 2
  2. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Looks like it is still in pre-order. Seems like they will start shipping at the end of October to beginning of November. You probably won't hear anything about it until then.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I'm very exited about it. Waiting for it to be launched. Vaping with Vic says in his review they nailed TC on it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zaryk

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I'm glad to see some new squonk mods showing up on the market. Now I just wish some new mechs would pop up on the open market and not where you have to deal with the Facebook BS.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. HigherStateD

HigherStateD Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2019
    I'm liking the slide to fill option.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Looks a goody in my book - small, curved and regulated :thumb:

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Looks interesting. I wonder the availability and price of replacement bottles as you sure aren't finding generic squonk bottles for this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. mrjohs

mrjohs Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2015
    It seems like it has a fairly normal juice intake pin, so if only there was a bottle that was short enough it could probably work. I have briefly browsed squonk bottles on Fasttech but could not find any that would definetely fit, but it is hard to know for sure without the exact dimensions. Standard height bottles would almost certainly not fit.

9. mrjohs

Apr 3, 2015
  10. Zaryk

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    With the proprietary connection, I doubt that the vandy vape bottle will work. It might work, but I would guess that it is very likely that the metal squonk tube in the mod would be too long to let the bottle fit because that tube would need to fit down inside the hole in the top cap of the VV bottle. With the silicone tube for the bottle already in that hole, there just won't be room for that metal tube. And without the silicone tube in the hole, the bottle won't work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mrjohs

Apr 3, 2015
    To me it does not seem like the connection itself is proprietary. If you take a look at the bottle there is just a hole on the top. The question is if the diameter of the metal pipe in the mod is somewhat suitable to the silicon tube.

12. Zaryk

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    But with the vandy vape bottle being 2mm shorter than the original, and that tube definitely looks longer than 2mm, it just doesn't look like it would work. If you used an even shorter bottle it probably would work.

Edit- don't know why I typed 2mm I meant to say 5mm.

13. mrjohs

Apr 3, 2015
    Yeah, you may be right. In any case there are silicon bottles for $2.50 so it should be good. I just thought it would be nice to have another option if I did not like the filling system on the original bottles.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zaryk

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I don't blame ya. And you never know if there is a little extra room under the original bottle that would allow that VV bottle to fit. Just something we have to try to find out for sure I guess.

15. AngeNZ

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Come on down @Jebbn and let me know your thoughts on the Kudos mod. I want one ;)

16. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    I like it.
    I dont like big mods, the VV PulseX for example is over size for me.
    The Kudos size falls within the dimensions I like. Similar size as the Luxotics but a little heavier.
    The temp control is a mixed bag. It isnt accurate, it is a lot cooler in SS at a 220C read out than the LV Mirage, GV Solo, and the Vaporesso Armour Pro etc. Its an easy to work around, I just increase the degrees until it feels like a similar vape temp to the mirage or other mods Im familiar with.
    On the plus side it is smooth in TC mode, a smooth constant draw.
    TCR mode is where I have it set, it pretty much matches my LV mirage and GV Solo etc in temp reading and vape experience after tweaking the TCR values.
    TC mode is very good, I had a badly over wicked Gate rta sitting on the stand and using it on the kudos had it working hard to prevent dry hits. Shutting it down as the wick dried and opening up as the wick saturated, not a satisfactory vape but a good test for TC mode. I guess for a satisfactory even and smooth vape in TC mode you better get your wicking spot on, which is just as it should be.
    The +/- buttons are opposite to other mods I have with side by side buttons. Not a big deal for me but I could see some people having their minds blown by it.
    The screen is small but its not an issue for me. The menu is easy to navigate even without reading the manual(I havnt).
    The fill port and locking mechanism work well. I see it as a positive experience. I have a couple of spare bottles but as a someone who really only uses unflavoured they are just back ups for the future and spare parts.

Final thoughts about it are, its a squonk mod and it works. There are so many vape products out there that are reasonably priced and work well, this is one of them.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. AngeNZ

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Perfect - thank you :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    the more I use it the more I like it. But.....

I had a weirdness with it a few hours after the above post. It became quite glitchy
    It wouldnt fire every time I pushed the button. I would get a "shorted" message and it didnt matter what atty I used. It would fire okay for a couple of draws and then wouldnt fire for 3 to 4 draws. I tried the atty's on different mods and they worked fine. I tried different batteries in the Kudos and still it was glitchy.
    Some times screwing an atty down too tight would result in audible clicking and "shorted" message. It didnt matter what atty I used.

Weirdness really kicked in when I left the battery door off to test it while changing batteries and atty's and it worked fine with no glitchyness. I left the door off and studied stuff, there is no way the door affects anthing other than maybe puts a bit of physical pressure on, stuff.
    I put the door back on and it is now working fine and has been for about 6hrs.....even funnier, the TC temp read out is more in line with other mods now. It seems pretty accurate next to the LV Mirage.

I dunno...weird.

I sent an email off to the supplier, still waiting for a reply.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. AngeNZ

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Weird alright. I still want one - let me know what the supplier says

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. mrjohs

Apr 3, 2015
    I have had mine for a few days. It is a good quality mod and everything has worked fine so far. It is amazing to have a squonker even smaller than some non-squonk single 18650 mods and still have 7ml capacity and a decent regulated board.

I have one major gripe though: Filling. When I fill through the tiny hole, after a while juice comes floating through the even smaller vent hole. This clogs up the vent hole and makes a mess. Additionally, removing and reinserting the bottle is very hard, so taking it out to fill is not really an option.

If someone has a special technique to fill this I'd be all ears. I use ordinary plastic bottles with pretty tiny tips. I don't think needle nose will work since I use 87% vg juice.

I also ordered the vandy vape dual squonk bottle. I see why it will not fit out of the box, but I have an idea of how it might work with a modification.

• Useful Useful x 2