Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Damn i placed my weekly order yesterday thinking this one was going to sit and steep before being released. Have to wait until next week for this one :glare:

Sorry for the mis-direction: Katy and I talked about it, and she was like - you should release it, it's good fresh. And I was like... but it gets so much better with time... and then she was like... yea, gradually over a period of three months, what difference is a week going to make? Game. Set. Match.

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't get a better steep before it went out the door. I hope this isn't a sign that the weekly schedule for short runs could cause a lowering of quality for the new releases. The overwhelming consensus in the Banana Pudding thread was to let it steep. Clark even said it was absolutely NOT ready to vape. Then we were told an old school flavor with some zing would be released in the other thread. I'll definitely pick up some Banana Pudding because it's my second favorite ice cream flavor (right behind behind spumoni), but I'm a little confused with all of the mixed messages. Still, this one is a no-brainer. Gotta have it!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't get a better steep before it went out the door. I hope this isn't a sign that the weekly schedule for short runs could cause a lowering of quality for the new releases. The overwhelming consensus in the Banana Pudding thread was to let it steep. Clark even said it was absolutely NOT ready to vape. Then we were told an old school flavor with some zing would be released in the other thread. I'll definitely pick up some Banana Pudding because it's my second favorite ice cream flavor (right behind behind spumoni), but I'm a little confused with all of the mixed messages. Still, this one is a no-brainer. Gotta have it!

I identify with your concern - I'm just a spoiled juice snob... I have the luxury of steeping inordinate amounts of liquid for extremely long periods of time. Katy made the call - I wanted to hold it, she says it's more than good and has been hitting it non-stop all weekend (despite being mixed Friday). LOL Either way, I personally consider it a deep steep - no amount of waiting was going to change that (for me). Katy attacked it like a rabid vaper. LOL

Spumoni?

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
I identify with your concern - I'm just a spoiled juice snob... I have the luxury of steeping inordinate amounts of liquid for extremely long periods of time. Katy made the call - I wanted to hold it, she says it's more than good and has been hitting it non-stop all weekend (despite being mixed Friday). LOL Either way, I personally consider it a deep steep - no amount of waiting was going to change that (for me). Katy attacked it like a rabid vaper. LOL

Spumoni?

Spumoni is the bomb! It isn't always easy to get a good carton of it but it's worth a shot if you love ice cream and who doesn't! It's a mix of pure pistachio ice cream, cherry ice cream with cherry & pistachio pieces, and an almost malted chocolate ice cream. Not mixed, but in stripes!

Will the fact that you didn't steep this flavor mean it won't be as expensive as the last release or will all the new short runs be 80¢ per ml for the trial size? I'll get some either way but I believe I read that the long steep and storage time was at least part of the reason for the price increase.

Last edited:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Spumoni is the bomb! It isn't always easy to get a good carton of it but it's worth a shot if you love ice cream and who doesn't! It's a mix of pure pistachio ice cream, cherry ice cream with cherry & pistachio pieces, and an almost malted chocolate ice cream. Not mixed, but in stripes!

Will the fact that you didn't steep this flavor mean it won't be as expensive as the last release or will all the new short runs be 80¢ per ml for the trial size? I'll get some either way but I believe I read that the long steep and storage time was at least part of the reason for the price increase.

Never had Spumoni - I think that is a crime, no?

This one is listed @ $11.99 - can't say they will ALL be at that price, but - banana puddin' = worth every penny.

catmomma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
DC Metro Area
Don't have to fight me on this one, I hate banana anything lol.

So far, me too. Not that I don't love banana, I do, it's just that every banana vape is crap. Plastic fake tasting crap. TPR's Banana Pudding is the closest to a good banana vape as I've tried but it's still kind of meh! I will try this one, only because I have faith in Clark. Just like peanut butter, I don't like peanut butter vapes, but with enough patience the PBC came through for me. I still wouldn't try anyone else's peanut butter vape, but I will drip my PBC happily. I'm hoping this banana pudding will be the same situation. Old fashioned southern style banana pudding (with the nilla wafers) is one of my absolute favorite desserts. I will probably grab a 30 ml. I need to get some Virus anyway, so might as well try it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread