Hit it or Quit it - Peanut Butter Cookie (PBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I need details for the website folks!

Steep time:

Nic Level:

tank/Atomizer:

mod: (mechanical, VV)

Thoughts/Tasting Notes:

Please be candid! Less than "glowing" feedback is welcome! Also welcome feedback with regard to what other data you feel is relevant with regard to "stuff you would like to see before you place an order!

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
Steep Time: About an hour out of the mailbox (LOL)
Nic Level: 6
tank/Atomizer: Igo L Dripper with a 32g twisted (2 strands)
Mod: VV-W at 10W
Thoughts: Right out of the box, it is a very tasty, buttery with slightly sweet peanut butter. I could vape it like that . . . BUT . . . just like GCD took a couple weeks (and the right device, a Russian) for the sticky bun to emerge, and the Doodle took a couple weeks for the sugar cookie to show up, I'm gonna be patient and drip a few drops every day for the cookie, the C of PBC to show up. After that, my experience with your juices that need time (some don't) is it will be great in all devices. I'll post again when that point is reached.
I may have to get another Reo. ;)

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
Steep time = 2 days as of this post
Nic Level = 6mg
Tank/Atomizer = IGO with a single 1.7ohm microcoil and cotton
Mod: VW @ 8.5-10 watts generally
Thoughts/Tasting Notes: Light, pillowy roasted peanut flavor with hints of butter. I can't taste much cookie yet but every once in a while it comes out to say hi. The roasted peanut flavor is there at all watts but gets toastier at higher watts making this the only eliquid that I like to vape above 8 watts (I'm a low watt guy. High watts overwhelm my palate with nearly every other eliquid). The sweetener is apparent as an individual flavor and doesn't quite meld into the overall experience. This may change with steep time, or it could be a different sweetener mix from the other bakery flavors that Nicoticket makes. I didn't let it air out with the dropper nozzle removed for a few hours like I do with most eliquids, so that may be needed. It does have an indescribable addictiveness that reminds me of H1N1. I have trouble leaving it alone.

It has a very soft throat hit at 6mg all the way up to about 9.5 watts. At 10+ watts the throat hit gets noticeably stronger.

Another member of the forums suggested to mix a few drops of PBC into a tank of H1N1 and it's amazing! A match made in heaven. It makes H1N1 far smoother, changes the mouth feel into something denser, and brings out the nuttiness that's already in H1N1. Honestly, I may order more just to mix with The Virus. It's that good.

Reactions: Ladiekali

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Steep Time: About an hour out of the mailbox (LOL)
Tank/Atomizer: Igo L Dripper with a 32g twisted (2 strands)
Mod: VV-W at 10W
Thoughts: Right out of the box, it is a very tasty, buttery with slightly sweet peanut butter. I could vape it like that . . . BUT . . . just like GCD took a couple weeks (and the right device, a Russian) for the sticky bun to emerge, and the Doodle took a couple weeks for the sugar cookie to show up, I'm gonna be patient and drip a few drops every day for the cookie, the C of PBC to show up. After that, my experience with your juices that need time (some don't) is it will be great in all devices. I'll post again when that point is reached.
I may have to get another Reo. ;)

What resistance is that coil player? (thanks for the feedback!) Just looking for "qualified builds" so people don't have to recreate the wheel.

catmomma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
DC Metro Area
I don't like nut vapes. I have a weird issue with them, they never taste right. I was certain I was gonna pass on this but when I went up to get the Bird, I had to try it. If anyone could do a peanut butter I might like it was Clark. Basically I made myself a deal, if I hated this, then it was me, if not, then I need to try some more nut vapes. Well, I have to say, I didn't get the bad flavor, and chemical taste I usually get, YAY. So, here I am vaping a peanut butter vape. And I am so very thankful and grateful, for the "upgrade" on this juice. :D!!

Steeping Time: 0

Tank/Atomizer: IGO W4 single coil 28 gauge 1.2 ohms

Mod: Nemesis clone fresh Sony VTC4 battery

Tasting notes: Nutty, roasted peanut, with a sweet base. I don't really get peanut butter cookie. It's probably due to steeping or lack of on my part. I do get a bakery type background but if I blind-tasted this, I wouldn't get PBC right off the bat. Right now, it's a lovely creamy peanutty bakery vape. I am very excited to see how it steeps, I'm sure the flavors will blend more and the PBC flavor will unfold. Overall, I would definitely vape this regularly.

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas

Nic Level: 12

Tank/Atomizer: protank 2 mini

Mod: provari

Tasting notes: I'm thinking either maybe something is wrong with my tank or it's very muted. I'm going to put a new coil in and let it steep a bit longer. I can pick up slight hints of peanuts but I'm not tasting anything like a bakery type flavor that others are talking about. I think I need to let this one sit and come back to it. I really WANT to love it but right now it's making me think my equipment is subpar or something because I'm not getting anything like what everyone else is talking about. I think right now I'm hoping more sweetness will develop or the "cookie" part will come out more.

I do believe in time it will develop more for me. I feel like the oddball out but wanted to at least let you know how it is from the protank side since I don't own anything "fancy." I'd try it in my nautilus if it wasn't full of grape ape. :)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I don't like nut vapes. I have a weird issue with them, they never taste right. I was certain I was gonna pass on this but when I went up to get the Bird, I had to try it. If anyone could do a peanut butter I might like it was Clark. Basically I made myself a deal, if I hated this, then it was me, if not, then I need to try some more nut vapes. Well, I have to say, I didn't get the bad flavor, and chemical taste I usually get, YAY. So, here I am vaping a peanut butter vape. And I am so very thankful and grateful, for the "upgrade" on this juice. :D!!

Tank/Atomizer: IGO W4 single coil 28 gauge 1.2 ohms

Mod: Nemesis clone fresh Sony VTC4 battery

Tasting notes: Nutty, roasted peanut, with a sweet base. I don't really get peanut butter cookie. It's probably due to steeping or lack of on my part. I do get a bakery type background but if I blind-tasted this, I wouldn't get PBC right off the bat. Right now, it's a lovely creamy peanutty bakery vape. I am very excited to see how it steeps, I'm sure the flavors will blend more and the PBC flavor will unfold. Overall, I would definitely vape this regularly.

Glad you are enjoying this! Honestly, we get more peanut butter than cookie, also - so your experience isn't unusual. To me, it's more "real peanut butter" than the processed stuff - kind-of a rough and rugged peanut flavor - natural, almost too much so.

Tabfreejon

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2014
Littleton, Co

Nic: 12mg

Tank: Omega, Twisted 32g single - 1ohm, cotton

Mod: M16 - fresh aw 18650

Notes: (from my book) New - Strong peanut, gritty taste and slighty harsh th, very little cookie. Steep time will improve greatly.

If it's any consolation, the other half thinks this will be the dog's bollocks (that's very good btw) in about a month.

Denvap0r

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
Steep time:
about a week give or take.

Nicotine:
6mg.

Method of delivery:
Nimbus clone RDA w/ dual coil 28ga kanthal wrapped to .65 ohms. Cotton wicks

Smok Magneto mechanical w/ freshly charged 18650 battery

Tasting:
Roasted peanut butter with a sweet fluffiness to it. To me it tastes like a concoction I make where I mix peanut butter and marshmallow creme together for my Graham cracker sandwiches. I don't get much cookie out off it though. Certainly not a complaint just an observation.

To me this is delicious and exactly what I was looking for from a peanut butter vape. No muddled flavors here. Just nice sweet peanut butter that actually stands out. I find the sweet and roasty to be in good balance. I do believe that maybe a longer steep might bring out the cookie much like The Doodle.

On my 3rd dripper full and I'm just loving that roast flavor that pairs well with my morning coffee. I will be interested to see what different builds at higher resistance might bring out from this.

Thanks Clark, I'm liking this a lot. Can't wait for some Frenilla to be released to mix it together.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com

Nic Level: 12

Tank/Atomizer: protank 2 mini

Mod: provari

Tasting notes: I'm thinking either maybe something is wrong with my tank or it's very muted. I'm going to put a new coil in and let it steep a bit longer. I can pick up slight hints of peanuts but I'm not tasting anything like a bakery type flavor that others are talking about. I think I need to let this one sit and come back to it. I really WANT to love it but right now it's making me think my equipment is subpar or something because I'm not getting anything like what everyone else is talking about. I think right now I'm hoping more sweetness will develop or the "cookie" part will come out more.

I do believe in time it will develop more for me. I feel like the oddball out but wanted to at least let you know how it is from the protank side since I don't own anything "fancy." I'd try it in my nautilus if it wasn't full of grape ape. :)

Honest, candid feedback is a key determiner of whether this flavor will return or not. Don't spare my ego or think you will in any way offend me if this liquid or that doesn't hit for you.

There's wide variability in delivery devices (so, in this case, we might caution about using the liquid in a Protank 2 Mini). It would be helpful to know which head you are using (1.8 or 2.4?)

Taste is still subjective - it may never hit for you... but... my job is to help you get the most out of your liquid investment and help if it is possible. By putting your honest and candid experience out here, you are helping people who might be experiencing the same issue but are less vocal, forthcoming, etc. (Thank you!)

You're not the first person that had mentioned they were expecting a "sweeter" liquid. I don't believe that will emerge, however. The cookie portion will, in my experience. It's happening for me even now...

Since you have grape ape, I wonder, have you tried mixing PBC and Grape Ape to get PB&J? ;)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com

Nic: 12mg

Tank: Omega, Twisted 32g single - 1ohm, cotton

Mod: M16 - fresh aw 18650

Notes: (from my book) New - Strong peanut, gritty taste and slighty harsh th, very little cookie. Steep time will improve greatly.

If it's any consolation, the other half thinks this will be the dog's bollocks (that's very good btw) in about a month.

Thank you for the feedback jon! I'm vaping the hell out of PBC (and enjoying it more every day) - but the jury is still out. I appreciate you being candid about your personal experience - and I'm glad the wife is enjoying it!! I have an Omega, I'm going to drop a 1 ohm'ish build on there this afternoon and see what I can conjure... (although, i will probably be in 6mg, not 12mg) Definitely report back after the steep time completes.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Steep time:
about a week give or take.

Nicotine:
6mg.

Method of delivery:
Nimbus clone RDA w/ dual coil 28ga kanthal wrapped to .65 ohms. Cotton wicks

Smok Magneto mechanical w/ freshly charged 18650 battery

Tasting:
Roasted peanut butter with a sweet fluffiness to it. To me it tastes like a concoction I make where I mix peanut butter and marshmallow creme together for my Graham cracker sandwiches. I don't get much cookie out off it though. Certainly not a complaint just an observation.

To me this is delicious and exactly what I was looking for from a peanut butter vape. No muddled flavors here. Just nice sweet peanut butter that actually stands out. I find the sweet and roasty to be in good balance. I do believe that maybe a longer steep might bring out the cookie much like The Doodle.

On my 3rd dripper full and I'm just loving that roast flavor that pairs well with my morning coffee. I will be interested to see what different builds at higher resistance might bring out from this.

Thanks Clark, I'm liking this a lot. Can't wait for some Frenilla to be released to mix it together.

Glad you are diggin' it Denver. Anxious to see what other builds yield. The general consensus so far is "more cookie" - I can live with that because I know it comes with time. I love the "roasted peanut" aspect about it - it doesn't taste so "artificial" to me... early in the cycle all I got was the kind of peanut butter you find at the center of a Reese' PBC, or a Nutrageous - that's started to turn into a more "roasted peanut" flavor that I really dig. Now, I summon you, cookie. :)

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
Honest, candid feedback is a key determiner of whether this flavor will return or not. Don't spare my ego or think you will in any way offend me if this liquid or that doesn't hit for you.

There's wide variability in delivery devices (so, in this case, we might caution about using the liquid in a Protank 2 Mini). It would be helpful to know which head you are using (1.8 or 2.4?)

Taste is still subjective - it may never hit for you... but... my job is to help you get the most out of your liquid investment and help if it is possible. By putting your honest and candid experience out here, you are helping people who might be experiencing the same issue but are less vocal, forthcoming, etc. (Thank you!)

You're not the first person that had mentioned they were expecting a "sweeter" liquid. I don't believe that will emerge, however. The cookie portion will, in my experience. It's happening for me even now...

Since you have grape ape, I wonder, have you tried mixing PBC and Grape Ape to get PB&J? ;)

I'm using the 2.4 coils for the protanks. I've been debating mixing them in. I don't have a lot of grape ape left so right now I'm somewhat hoarding it and worshipping it to some extent. :)

Gators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Virginia, USA
Dang... I've been steeping the PBC for a little over a week now and some of it somehow spilled directly into the cotton in my RDA so I decided to test it out a little. It is definitely starting to develop like I was hoping it would. Hoping to give my review in another week or two. It's really good now, but I have a feeling it will get even better.

Uh oh... some more juice just spilled. Good think my wicks were right there to catch it!

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
Yup, I'm with him ^. After a few days and with a few more watts on that coil (up to 12.5 so far), the PBC is emerging. I knew it would. It is becoming a roasted PB flavor, not sweet, with the bakery cookie underneath. I imagine in another week or two, it'll be just right.

Last edited:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
hmm second try on the pb.. dunno what happened (did modify the air holes on my igo w4.. but that cant have that much of an effect? ) but it suddenly tastes a whole let better on my latest 0.6 ohm ekowool build. A lot fuller and roastier.

I've beeh hitting PBC hard on on the ZNA30, cranked up - .65ohm coil (dual micro, 10 wraps, 28gu microcoils) - Brass Monkee Dripper (stainless cap, wide open or one hole slightly covered)... and the cookie portion is out in full force. I'm actually getting more cookie than peanuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread