Hmm... Throat Hit? Clarification???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Nicotine is a skin irritant. It's basically the feel of nicotine hitting your throat as you inhale. And usually the warmer the vapor the more TH too. Too much can lead to sore tongue and throat and even lungs. Many prefilled carts and and multi-brand hardware vendor juices are the 100% PG Chinese juice. PG lets through the most nicotine TH. For some those juices are too harsh. Having some VG in the ratio (example 70pg/30vg) dulls the TH a bit and is usually enough to keep the nicotine from causing soreness while still letting through a decent amount of TH. People need to find what balance they like of PG/VG with their nicotine level and their PV model. I think having some amount of TH helps simulate the feeling of smoking.

There are some flavors that give a throat sensation which can enhance or somewhat replace nicotine TH (for 0 or low nic juices for example) - mints, menthols, cinnamon and other spices, and to a lesser extent vanillas and some other flavors have cool or peppery throat sensations. Qhit (an additive) or a bit of edible alcohol like gin or vodka or grain alcohol can also add a hit-like feeling.

kelval01

Jan 27, 2011
Yardville, NJ
Throat hit is that strong, almost burning sensation in the back of your throat that you get when you inhale an analog. You can get the same throat hit with the e-cig by getting the appropriate mixture. I prefer 75% VG 25% PG. The more PG, the stronger the throat hit. I don't like mine too strong so I tend to stick with 25% PG. You can pretty much get whatever mixture you want.

EVOLVIST

Jan 25, 2011
Houston
Throat hit is that strong, almost burning sensation in the back of your throat that you get when you inhale an analog. You can get the same throat hit with the e-cig by getting the appropriate mixture. I prefer 75% VG 25% PG. The more PG, the stronger the throat hit. I don't like mine too strong so I tend to stick with 25% PG. You can pretty much get whatever mixture you want.

Ah, so that's what the mixture is all about? How much TH you get with more PG? Therefore, if I bought the sweetest juice - like cotton candy - with 100% PG, I'd get a much larger TH than with a 20/80 blend?If this is true, I hope I'm not let down with dome of the BWB I ordered, standard at 50/50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread