Not open for further replies.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
LK,

I had a thought the other day (rare events so I try to jot them down) wondering if there was a way to "Green" the ecig movement a bit. We already do have some advantages such as much fewer parts and pieces thrown away than cigarette butts, but the power that charges the batteries is almost always coming from a non-green source such as coal. With the advent of relatively cheap solar cells (improving and getting cheaper to make all of the time) is there any chance that they could be used to create a solar-powered charger for the batteries?

I am not sure if it would be possible or affordable to do so, but it might provide a chance for you (Smoke Stik) to offer something new and clearly differentiate your product even further if it did. I know there would certainly be some people interested in purchasing one if it is possible to do so! Particularly those types that like to go camping etc. in the outdoors without easy access to power outlets, or to US troops out in the field!

(Or some of the squirrels in the photographs in the Christmas contest post for that matter!) ;)

:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

Just some food for thought...:2c: :)

Last edited:

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin

ROFL... I know what you mean... it is not a way to save money... but it would open up a green marketing strategy for the company if it could be done affordably. Offer both types of chargers, and you could market the solar one to the tree-huggers....errrr...environmentalists, or to the outdoor enthusiasts. :)

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Good news for Apple fans! Esopw.com provides a lot of diversified solar powered battery chargers for Apple digital products,be it iPhone,iPod or iPad.These solar chargers are all portable,stylish and with high capacity to provide enough energy for your beloved Apple products.Take one with you,you will be able to go anywhere with your iPhone,ipad or iPod. Related Catalog: iPad iPhone Solar Chargers; Apple Accessories.

anything that will charge and ipod will charge an ecig

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Good news for Apple fans! Esopw.com provides a lot of diversified solar powered battery chargers for Apple digital products,be it iPhone,iPod or iPad.These solar chargers are all portable,stylish and with high capacity to provide enough energy for your beloved Apple products.Take one with you,you will be able to go anywhere with your iPhone,ipad or iPod. Related Catalog: iPad iPhone Solar Chargers; Apple Accessories.

anything that will charge and ipod will charge an ecig

Thanks for the information LK... I will have to check them out... although I would rather give my money to Smoke Stik and American jobs rather than jobs in China. ;)

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
It's all the same eventually isn't it? Unless your Amish there is no such thing as an "American job" anymore....we all depend on each other for something......the best thing we could do right now is admit that and take care of each other if we want to keep enjoying the standard of living we enjoy now. SmokeStik btw is made in China....in a factory that SmokeStik owns.....and although I havn't been there I am told we treat our workers well and pay them a good wage. No clue what that really means....but I'm guessing that what I used to spend on a pack of cigarettes would feed a Chinese workers family for a week or more. We tried making the product in the USA.....we couldn't afford it. You all ..... now about how expensive we are and don't buy the product. Would you buy it if it were made in the USA and cost $49.95 a 5pack? I'm not kidding you...that is about what you would pay. And even THEN......the raw materials would still come from China.

oh....but I digress....thanks for the compliment Allazar.....LOL...I get it and it's the thought that counts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread