LY3Ddk1.png

KAS

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Eric, that's some beautiful snow. Looks like they got salted pretty good. Only time I can recall a White Christmas around here on Christmas Day ...was 1993. Got 17 - 20 inches. :) Shut the whole city down for 2 weeks. Largely because people can't drive in the snow around here. :rolleyes:
I remember that, one of my first memories in life. I guess I was 6 or so, living in JC when it happened. I remember digging tunnels through the snow and enjoying the fact my family couldn't have TV on during dinner. We bonded and I played for 2 weeks! Loved it. Knew at age 6 I needed to live in the north where snow like that was a common occurrence.

(looks out window - temperature is negative 31 degrees and a foot of snow on the ground)

... :shock:

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
I remember that, one of my first memories in life. I guess I was 6 or so, living in JC when it happened. I remember digging tunnels through the snow and enjoying the fact my family couldn't have TV on during dinner. We bonded and I played for 2 weeks! Loved it. Knew at age 6 I needed to live in the north where snow like that was a common occurrence.

(looks out window - temperature is negative 31 degrees and a foot of snow on the ground)

... :shock:
We dug tunnels through it and tried to build igloos; walked in it for miles; and I literally discovered that dirt bikes just don't go well in snow that deep when I wrapped it around a tree. -31!!! Je-yeeeSUS Christ! :ohmy:Bet it's so cold that hot water would freeze in the air. A little colder than I can handle. I like it around 55-60 day; 40 nights.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
We dug tunnels through it and tried to build igloos; walked in it for miles; and I literally discovered that dirt bikes just don't go well in snow that deep when I wrapped it around a tree. -31!!! Je-yeeeSUS Christ! :ohmy:Bet it's so cold that hot water would freeze in the air. A little colder than I can handle. I like it around 55-60 day; 40 nights.
If you throw boiling water into the air at these temps it instantly evaporates,like a gigantic vapor explosion.

• Informative
Reactions: JC Okie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread