The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Holy Jesus!!!!! The Kayfun should come with a warning!!!

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by p.opus, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. p.opus

p.opus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    Coming from the land of Mini Protank 2's and Protank 2's, I decided to try my hand with a Kayfun 3.1 clone. So I got one by HCigar and got it today.

It took awhile but I finally got a 2 ohm coil working and took my first hit using my 4mg wowboy.

HOLY CHRIST!!!

This thing should have a warning!!!! It kicks like a mule. My eyes are watering. The flavor is intense. And the throat hit is incredible.

I am getting a burning sensation in the back of my throat, and don't know if that's normal.

Anyway, my head is spinning a little bit. I'm definitely going to have to get used to this.

2. HecticEnergy

HecticEnergy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    TX, USA
    If you like it, congrats!
    If not, try lower wattage or lower nic.
    I dropped to 6mg in my mpt2/ego setup (I chain vape all day)... When I got a mod any kayfun I over nic'd a bit....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Rule of thumb - half your nic in a high-yield topper like the kayfun.

Nevertheless, welcome to the next level. Your executive washroom pass card will arrive by messenger within the hour.

4. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    I have an A1 Kayfun 3.1 clone expected this week. Do you lung hit or m-l? Does yours have air-flow control?

I was considering an original because of the air-flow control when I saw this one through Vapor Joe on FB.

https://c2cvaping.3dcartstores.com/A1--Kayfun-31-with-Air-Flow-Control_p_272.html

Congrats on $$ well spent :toast:

5. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    kayfun is the best tank system going and if you need any advice check out the kayfun lite thread, its always pretty much on the first page.

6. bhswmc01

bhswmc01 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have the hcigar clone as well - so glad I went for the 3.1 version over the lite - having the airflow control and drip well is worth the extra size. Just wish there was a glass tank option!

7. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SW VA
    What gauge? How many turns? What mandrel size? What wick did you use?

There's a reason why they're popular. ;)

Meh, I run the same nic level (15) in my R91 as in my more pedestrian toppers. Does it produce the best vape? Yes it does, but do I get double the nic from it? No way.

8. rob33

rob33 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2009
    Concord, NC
    Yea, P opus, I'd say there's some protanks looking for another owner. Just get something to cut your juice in half.

9. Moodyfisherman

Moodyfisherman Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2013
    City of Destiny, Wa
    Story of my life....out of stock:ohmy:

I've been on Vaperrev's waiting list for 2 months for the real mcCoy....nada...whaaaaaaaaaaa

10. p.opus

Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    I got mine at luxor vapes

\\HCIGAR Kayfun 3.1 | Luxor Vapes

38.50 is a steal. Came with a nice little nylon case and the screwdriver keychain. Can't figure out the fill hole, I don't think the needle nose on my e-liquid fits, but I just filled from the top and kept the air hole covered.

Did a second coil at 2.2 ohm. 3/4 wrap of 32 gauge Kanthal on some s looped 2mm ekowool. Much better wicking than my first attempt. Sore throat I think was due to some borderline dry hits. Tastes great rocking 9.0 watts on my sigelei zmax v3 and my mvp.

ekowool is a freaking mess....I have silica strands all over the place.

God.....that's just tremendous...

11. Mowgli

Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    Here's a review for yours - The Hcigar Kayfun 3.1 vs Svoemesto’s Kayfun Lite |

Do you lung hit or m-l?

12. p.opus

Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    normally mouth then lung, but did a straight lunger and my hair stood on end.

If the flavor remains this intense, then zero nic won't be much of an issue for me......

I could have done with out the fake SvoeMesto markings on the side. I'm not trying to impress anyone.

The 3.1 ES just seemed out of stock everywhere I looked. And to be honest...I'm glad I went cheaper because I wasn't too sure of my ability to coil these things. And I'm not even sporting a micro coil....

13. Mowgli

Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    This guy, Twisted420 does some funny videos (obnoxious sometimes but funny)

Here's a 3.1 shootout & build

[moderated]

language warning - if you're offended by swearing don't watch this

14. HecticEnergy

HecticEnergy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    TX, USA
    The fill hole is a pain in the butt.. I follow pbusardos fill method from his Russian 91% review. It's MUCH easier...

I got a KFL+ clone from gotvapes.com... I think it's tobeco... Either way, no problems...loving it! It whistles with the air flow control wide open, so I tighten it down just a hair to minimize whistling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

15. Technonut

Technonut Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA
    They will be in stock today... ;)

16. p.opus

Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    Last but not least....We are engraving our Kayfun's so everyone can see at a glance that you aren't using a clone....hahahaha.

17. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SW VA
    I played around with Ekowool in my Squape. I'm not a fan, but if I had to use it, I'd torch it first.

Making a "micro-coil" and wicking it with cotton is not that hard, and once you get that figured out, you probably won't want to go back to silica or Ekowool.

The biggest drawback to Kayfun type atties is that you can't just pull the deck and re-work it without draining and disassembling. They're easy to make a good build for, but probably not the best to learn to build on.

18. bogmonster

bogmonster Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Nova Scotia, Canada
  19. hippieben

hippieben Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Sarasota, FL
    It actually does come with a warning. In the manual for the real one it recommends that you cut your nic level in half.

20. p.opus

Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    You're right of course......I still wasn't braced for it. I'm vaping 4 mg anyway, so it isn't a problem. I just was not expecting the flavor and TH improvement. I'm too used to marketing BS that under delivers.

The Kayfun does not under deliver, that is one thing to be sure.

Second one is on it's way........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.