Status
Not open for further replies.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I got an e-mail from madvapes regarding their 1st "12 Days of Xmas" sales deal. 11.99 for the KAOS Erebus rta. Now I already have the SS clone from China, so not really needing it, I just wanted to see what shipping would cost (If free, I probably woulda picked up the black version). So added to my cart and went to check out. Entered the Country/State/Zip for a shipping quote and this happened:
Nic Tax LOL.PNG

Uh, what. Nicotine Tax comes to $24.00!! My $12.00 rta deal just skyrocketed to $40!!!! WOW. This is the first I have come across anything like this (& I've been on a shinyitis spree for a couple weeks now).
Just to check against shipping to another state, I enetered a rando zip for Nevada:
No Nic Tax to NV LOL.PNG

Yeah, no Nic tax there. What's the deal? Why have my orders from so many other companies not included this rediculously high nic tax on their "non-nicotine" containing products. Now, if they were including a free 1 Liter of 50/50, 100mg Nic this would be a steal and I'd gladly hit the "buy" button. While I bone up on NC vaping/nic laws, anyone have an answer as to why there is this crazy tax tacked on?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I got an e-mail from Madvapes regarding their 1st "12 Days of Xmas" sales deal. 11.99 for the KAOS Erebus RTA. Now I already have the SS clone from China, so not really needing it, I just wanted to see what shipping would cost (If free, I probably woulda picked up the black version). So added to my cart and went to check out. Entered the Country/State/Zip for a shipping quote and this happened:
View attachment 621693
Uh, what. Nicotine Tax comes to $24.00!! My $12.00 RTA deal just skyrocketed to $40!!!! WOW. This is the first I have come across anything like this (& I've been on a shinyitis spree for a couple weeks now).
Just to check against shipping to another state, I enetered a rando zip for Nevada:
View attachment 621695
Yeah, no Nic tax there. What's the deal? Why have my orders from so many other companies not included this rediculously high nic tax on their "non-nicotine" containing products. Now, if they were including a free 1 Liter of 50/50, 100mg Nic this would be a steal and I'd gladly hit the "buy" button. While I bone up on NC vaping/nic laws, anyone have an answer as to why there is this crazy tax tacked on?

I tried to warn people to stockpile for more than a year.

Hate to say I told you do but i know how 38 of the 50 States are in financial do doo, and it was only a matter of time before those States instituted sin taxes on vaping.

Reactions: Foggy Road
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread