Homemade syringe tank mod, looks easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I was so excited when found this video last night!! If you love tank mods, you gotta watch this. BTW, has anyone ever tried it? Looks reeeaaalllyy good! And, from what I understand syringe mods are okay with any kind of juice, so no cracking. I picked up a 20 ml syringe today at my local tractor Supply Store for $1.29, all they had was one. :( It is the type that he shows, so look for Ideal 20 ml syringes, and I have found them cheaper online. They are sold for vet uses. I know the filling is a bit harder, but I'm gonna give it a try. Is it too good to be true?

Last edited by a moderator:

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I think the carto fits more snugly since it's rubber. The liquinators I have use delrin for the caps so there is no give. I'm going to try every which way to fill these. If all else fails, I have some tiny needled syringes that'll do the job. IMHO, a small price to pay for the difference in price.

very interesting, and definatly worth a shot for about $3 worth of syringes. i am a bit confused as to why you would "have" to fill it with a syringe and puncture the rubber? couldnt you simply removed the top cap?

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
I used BD 10 ml syringes from the local drugstore. Got 2 of them and removed the rubber tops using them. I used a Dual Coil
carto in one I made. Worked great, though I don't really like how the juice darkened towards the end of the tank. I made another one using a clearomizer. Simply cut grooves into the bottom and the top of the plastic with a dremel. The holes in the rubber stopped had to be slightly larger, but the pressure when inserted into the rubber stoppers worked wonders around the base of the tank, solving all the leaking and tube breaking issues with older clearomizers. Plus, I could fill it just like I was using a standard clearomizer.

The only issue I have with tanks is that I haven't yet found a juice I want to stick with for 3 ml worth.

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
On it's second or third fill with a syringe, the pressure will force residual juice in the carto out the air hole I have a feeling.

Just hold the tank upside down and suck some of the air out with the syringe before refilling. Works like a charm.

Vapingmandycat has a video on this exact same thing.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
OK, please, someone tell me why I would want to go through those efforts to get 3-5ml of nicquid to put it through a carto when I can use an eMDCC and get at least 4.2ml. Do the cartos used have the coil(s) at the bottom? Capillary action? Or what? Maybe I'm missing sumpin' here...

Hey, I'm an ol' tinkerer and am always looking for a better mousetrap. Hell, I even made my own <$3 carto flusher that does well fer me.

I use eGo batts (maybe an e-Power in the future) and the eMDCC and I'm very pleased with my vaping experience after 46 years of 2 PaD. Again, what am I missing...?

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Pretty fricken awesome, I haven't tried it with any other cartomizers, these were some I wasn't fond of and was going to pass them on, but now I'm thinking not so fast....

I'm getting a tiny amount of leaking, didn't realize I had the thinner plungers, they were .55 at the feed store, so I lucked out with that, I'll figure something out, but not having to fill it is the best, I've never had a desire to have a tank, but now I'm re-thinking this whole thing......

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
This was the 1st video I saw which led me to the one I showed you. She seems to be pretty confident in the sturdiness of this byringe tank mod. I am waiting for my 20ml syringes to get here. Check it out.

Very cool.
Already have the ingredients to do this, but I would guess it is not "pocket friendly", right?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread