Honest Blu Cig Review?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mld812

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
California
My review is going to suck since I've never used an e-cig before this one and I've only had it for four or five days now.

I personally like it. The throat hit is good, produces good vapor for its small size. The batteries aren't as sensitive as people made them out to be, and so far I haven't smoked a cigarette in three days because of it.

Battery life sucks, but the charger case makes up for that.

The cartridges kind of suck. They claim five cartridges equal thirty cigarettes, but they seem to burn out a lot quicker than that. I smoke a pack of traditional cigarettes a day. I've gone through five cartridges today, about to start a sixth. However, as soon as it gets too weak, i just change them out rather than trying to suck the life out of it.

I've read on the forums how to refill the cartridges on your own and plan on trying that.

To me, the tobacco flavor and the menthol flavor hit the best. Vanilla tends to run out the quickest. (Could be my imagination)

The charger case looks and works awesome.

I can't think of anything else offhand. But I think overall, no matter what reviews you read, you'll never know until you try it. If i had gone by reviews I read of blu, I would have never bought it, but I'm overall satisfied with it.

mischiefgrrl

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Los Angeles
I believe they have corrected their shipping time. I got mine within a week and everyone I've seen post since about ordering has received theirs too.

I've posted several times on how I personally feel about Blu. It was my introduction to the e-cig and I still enjoy it very much.

Right out of the box you twist the battery and atomizer together, snap on a cart and puff. Sometimes the little piece of foil can get in way of good vapor and is not a big deal. You just give the cart a little twist, pull it off and you'll find a little chunk of foil on the atomizer. Take it off and puff away.

The pre-filled carts are very tasty. I've heard a lot of complaints on how long they last. I didn't see that problem with them. I could use one all day with no problem and enjoy the flavor. The PCC is great. It doesn't take long to charge, can hold one fully assembled Blu while charging another and hold 5 cartridges. I really like the USB charger too. Between the PCC and USB charger, I never found myself without a charged battery.

While the vapor production is not as great as the 510, it's not bad either. You just have to get used to take slow draws and also it helps to hold it where the battery and atomizer meet to cover the vents. I've never gotten a bad or burnt taste out of the Blu either. The size is also perfect if you are used to smoking regular sized cigs (not 100s)

I think Blu are very reasonably priced as well. $60 for the starter kit which includes 2 batteries, 2 atomizers, a PCC, USB Charger, USB Wall adapter and 25 cartridges. Replacement batteries are 2 for $20 and atomizers are 2 for $10. Prefilled cartridges are more expensive than buying liquid, but still not outrageous. I'm going to order spare batteries, attys and a carton of Java Jolt with my next order just because I haven't found anything that compares to the taste of JJ in other liquids.

I've completely quit smoking analogs between the Blu and the 510 after 22 years of smoking. That's pretty incredible to me. If you're someone who loves to tinker and craves MORE POWER! Blu is probably not for you. For a novice, it's a pretty good device. I was afraid of my purchase because it was the first thing I found when I googled "e-cigarette" and I ordered. Then I googled for reviews and found this site. There were a lot of bad things said about it. I received it before I could even think about canceling my order and I'm glad I did.

Also, if you order it - the box that the whole kit comes in makes a perfect storage for your unused carts and liquids if you buy them. It's the perfect size, stays cool since it is black on the outside and has a magnetic flap so it doesn't come open even if dropped. Keeps pets out too.

curmudgeonista

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
USA
My experience is quite consistent with mischiefgrrl's. I'm new to e-cigs... just a few days into it and I've cut down significantly on the analogs already. I was smoking an average of about a 1 & 1.2 packs a day, though 2+ packs was not unusual. For my first few days using e-cigs I've cut analog use to no more than 1/2 pack a day, with most days being more like 5 or 6 cigarettes. I can definitely feel myself headed for zero analog use soon. It is nice to feel that I can allow myself to wean off of them as opposed to something like the patch that is basically cold turkey with a nicotine supply. E-cigs do not feel like cold turkey.

I ordered the Blu kit and then found this forum. My initial reaction to all the negative reviews was to cancel the Blu, but after further contemplation I realized that the anti-Blu sentiment was coming from folks who got irritated waiting for so long when Blu was out-of-stock, had some sort of agenda. Most of the reviews I found of people actually using the Blu were favorable. Nevertheless, I was concerned about the wait so I ordered a Joye 510 as well. The 510 arrived within 3-days and I started with it. It took a week for the Blu to arrive (ordered 9/8, arrived 9/15).

I am extremely happy I got both of these. They are different animals, each with there own advantages and each with there own purpose within my lifestyle. Here is my head-to head comparison. Some of differences are simply manual versus automatic and might be applied equally well to other models.

Activation:
The Blu is automatic whereas the 510 is manual. That is, you just suck on the Blu and it makes vapor while you must press and hold a button on the 510's battery to activate it. The Blu can be activated by outside input such as wind. I'll be using the 510 when driving my convertible with top down. I've seen some comments about the Blu self-activating with loud music. I'm not a club goer, so likely this won't be a factor for me. I did experience an unintentional activation issue with 510, though. I stuck one in the pocket of my jeans and the battery button was accidentally held down while I was sitting. The thing got real hot in my pocket. It smelled and tasted like burnt plastic. I ditched that cartridge and after letting it rest overnight it only took a few drags on a new one to eliminate the foul taste, so no real harm done.

Form factor:
The Blu is about the size of a regular filter cigarette. The 510 is a bit bigger than a 100, and a little fatter. Frankly, I would not be happy with the 510 if it were any smaller. Since you have to find and hold down the button on that one, you don't really hold it like a regular cigarette and the extra size helps with finding a comfortable grasp. On the other hand, the small size of the Blu is nice for an automatic. While heavier than a cigarette, it's still light enough that you can hold it between your lips while taking a drag... sort of the standard smoking routine for many of us... stick it up to you mouth and let go while you draw, then scissor it between fingers again to remove once you're done. So, the Blu is a more natural "smoking experience". The 510 is likewise enjoyable, though with a revised technique required.

Vapor production:
Both of these models are capable of producing more vapor than I can handle inhaling at once. However, the 510 is more forgiving about technique. I can get it to make satisfying amounts of vapor with long slow drags as well as short sharp ones. I also got a USB pas-through for the 510, but it does require a little more focus than a fresh battery to get consistently good mouthfuls of vapor. The Blu also requires a little more practice and patience, preferring lighter suction, though with a full cartridge it doesn't take long to produce a full mouthful of vapor.

Throat hit:
I didn't completely understand what everyone on the forum was talking about until I tried an e-cig for myself. For anyone else confused, it's much akin to what you'd call harshness in a real cigarette. If it's too silky smooth I won't emulate smoking very well, and if it's too harsh it's hard to handle without coughing. For me, it's not just the initial hit when inhaling, but maybe to a bigger degree the feeling in throat and lungs after inhaling. I have to believe that it's the liquid that is most responsible for throat hit and/or harshness, but I'm sure are differences in what each type of e-cig does with it. Both the 510 and the Blu have done a great job with all the cartridges and liquids I've tried, though admittedly I have not tried a lot of different ones.

Flavor:
Hmmm... OK... I've only tried tobacco based flavors so far and all have been good for me. I got 3 flavors with the 510, Joye "Marlboro" cartridges and liquid, Joye Tobacco liquid and Ecopure Rich liquid. All are nice. All are different. The "Marlboro" is the most neutral, making for a relatively acceptable substitute for regular cigarettes. The Joye Tobacco flavor reminds me a little of Mac Baren Club Blend pipe tobacco... a little musty, but very enjoyable. The Ecopure Rich is on the sweet side, but with tobacco undertones that make for a very enjoyable "smoke". The Blu's standard Classic Tobacco cartridges are probably the closest I've yet tried to a real cigarette in flavor. Unfortunately, they do not offer liquids so unless you're willing to pay a higher price to use cartridges exclusively you'll need to find a liquid you like (more on that under "capacity"). The Blue came with several other flavors that I have not tried yet. I'm first and foremost interested in replacing real cigarettes and for me that means using tobacco flavors.

Cartridge capacity:
The 520 cartridge appears to hold about 3 x what the Blu cartridge does, though how much of that actually gets wicked up is hard to say. Since vapor production is at its peak with a full cartridge I find myself topping off the carts with liquid long before I've ever reached the limits of what the 510 carts can provide. The Blu company obviously approaches things a bit differently, hoping that you'll just keep buying carts from them when you run out. That's all well and good, but it's so much cheaper to refill them. With the Blu the capsule is buried deep in the cartridge and you need to push it up to refill. Use an open paper-clip to do this and then push it back down in there. Do not push it all the way out, just up to the top where you can see what you're doing. The Blu also has that foil cover on new carts. When using a new one, I press the cart on then remove it and flick the foul cap off the atomizer before using. As has been pointed out elsewhere, it's nice to have extra atty's to cap your carts with if you're going to refill Blu carts. The PCC will hold carts with atty's.

Battery life:
I read that battery life is a big factor for a lot of folks. I guess it depends on you're expectations. I have not been disappointed with either the 510 or Blu. I expect to run batteries down. With both devices I have 3 batteries and PCC's (portable charging cases). I also have enough atomizers to build three complete units in each brand. I highly recommend this. Unless I'm out and about with only a PCC to rely on for back-up, I can keep 6 complete units at the ready, rather than treating as a single ecig with fresh batteries going in and out.

PCC's:
What a great idea these things are! Frankly, it was Blu's charging case that initially sold me on that brand. I also have one for the 510. If I'm going out for the day I'll carry the PCC's with extra batteries and cartridges, as well a couple of e-cigs ready to go. As has been noted many times, the Blu pack has a place for a complete assembled e-cig while the PCC for the 510 does not. The Blu pack is about the size and shape of a pack of regular cigarettes. The 510 PCC is narrower and longer... maybe closer to a pack of Virginia Slims or Capri. I've seen comments about the lack of space for an assembled 510, but most smokers are used to carrying a lighter separate from their pack of cigarettes, so bringing a separate 510 along with the PCC isn't that much of a stretch (my experience with accidental activation notwithstanding).

Conclusion:
I am extremely pleased with both the Blu and the Joye 510, but for different reasons. I think having both is an ideal situation for me and I would recommend other newbies who are serious about replacing cigarettes with an e-cig to consider getting some sort of automatic like the Blu along with a 510… and make sure you purchase extra batteries and atty’s so that you never have to feel the threat of downtime forcing you to go back to analog. If you’re budget dictates that you must choose one or the other then go with the one that best suits your outlook. I’d consider the 510 the more reliable one with easy to refill carts that last longer than the Blu. 510 parts are easy to come by on the open market. If on the other hand you want the e-cig experience that mimics analogs most closely, then go with the Blu or some other small automatic.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Great reviews, everybody! I don't have time for a full blow-by-blow, but having had blu for over two months and a 510 for about a week, here's my quick rundown (note: pros and cons are obviously subjective, and these are according to me and me alone):

blu pros:

• sized like a real cigarette
  • automatic batteries to better emulate the act of smoking
  • can use it no-handed
  • better flavor (atomizer doesn't scorch/blanch flavors)
  • very good vapor for this size device provided you jump through some hoops, i.e. refill cartridges with a good liquid, particularly if you replace the filling with something better
  • best PCC out there (holds a complete blu, an extra battery [charging or not], five extra carts, five extra atomizers, yet is still about the size of a pack of cigarettes)
  • very exposed atomizer wick for easier dripping and dipping
  • cheap replacement parts (except for carts, but you shouldn't be buying them anyway)

blu cons:

• low throat hit
  • short battery life (though countered somewhat by the two-battery nature of the PCC)
  • stock carts are weak
  • only blue LEDs

510 pros:

• monster vapor
  • excellent throat hit
  • nice choice of LED color

510 cons:

• manual switch (may have to try the automatic someday)
  • poor flavor fidelity
  • much bigger and heavier than a regular cigarette
  • PCC can't hold an assembled 510
  • attracts more questions because it's hard to mistake for a regular cig
  • recessed atomizer wick makes dripping more difficult and dipping untenable

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
my notes say that you can use 306 (Janty minifogger/Joye306) carts on the Blu, and you *may* be able to use the 510 battery on the blu, as the 306 atomizer will fit on the 510 battery and the 306 atomizer also fits the Blu battery (if you push the filler material up a little to compensate for the tinybithigher height of the 306 wick). The M401 carts will fit the 306, although not a perfect fit, so they *may* also fit the Blu atomizer. Some sites sell the blank 306 carts and 401 carts separately so it might be worth $1apiece for blanks to see if you have a viable alternative backup while waiting for original Blu parts to come in the mail. This is strictly info gleened from this forum and not personal knowledge. Hope this helps!

It's your life. Keep it simple. Choose wisely.
TaketheRedPill

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
my notes say that you can use 306 (Janty minifogger/Joye306) carts on the Blu, and you *may* be able to use the 510 battery on the blu, as the 306 atomizer will fit on the 510 battery and the 306 atomizer also fits the Blu battery (if you push the filler material up a little to compensate for the tinybithigher height of the 306 wick). The M401 carts will fit the 306, although not a perfect fit, so they *may* also fit the Blu atomizer. Some sites sell the blank 306 carts and 401 carts separately so it might be worth $1apiece for blanks to see if you have a viable alternative backup while waiting for original Blu parts to come in the mail.

You can definitely use a 306 atty and cart on the blu battery-- I've done this. They even fit in the pack. However, I saw no improvement over using blu carts and atomizers, and have switched back.

You can also use the 510 battery on the blu cart and atty-- I've done this too, though just once out of curiosity. They're different thicknesses, so it's a weird pairing, but it works. You do NOT, however, want to try to charge blu batteries in 510 charger or 510 batteries in a blu charger. Things will die.

Lastly, you can use 401 carts on the blu BUT there's no airway if you put them all the way on; you need to leave about a millimeter gap and then it'll work. I haven't tried this myself, but have been assured it works by people who have.

LABeachBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
So you seem to be concerned about the Blus. Well here is my primary set up I recommend that is a mix of Blu's and another compatible product:

Go to ModernVapor.com and buy the SideSho PCC, a bunch of batteries (lots of colors and LED selections), and maybe one atomizer and set of cartridges. Use coupon code: 25ecf for 25% off. Note: all SideSho products are interchangable with Blu (same manufacturer).

Then go to Blucigs.com or vulcanoecigs.com (they sell the same product, just rebranded) and buy the PCC+Bat chargers, tons of atomizers, and a bunch of cartriges to use as refillers. Then screw atomizers into each cart and stack your SideSho PCC with them.

You should have now a SideSho PCC filled with 5 Blu atomizers and carts (maybe 4 blus and 1 SideSho atty+cart) and 2 quality SideSho batteries. The SideSho PCCs and batteries you can charge with Blu/Vulcano chargers (since Blu/Vulcano is cheaper priced). Slide a paper clip into the foam backing and you are GOOD TO GO.

Why this setup?

Because ModernVapor's SideSho works PHENOMINALLY well with Blu/Vulcano atomizers. I think it is because the SideSho batteries put out more power. The SideSho atomizers are made for the more powerful batteries and don't give off a great amount of vapor or throat hit. (although you should still get at least one SideSho atty+cart because the carts hold 3 x as much fluid). However, Blu/Vulcano atomizers seem to be made for a lower power level, thus performs remarkably well with the more powerful SideSho batteries.

The drawbacks for this setup is: Since the SideSho PCC is the same size as the Blu PCC (same company, interchangable parts), but the SideSho batteries are longer than the Blu's, you cannot fit an assembled cig into the PCC. Each time you want to vape you will have to screw them together. Also, the SideSho batteries are more wind/sound sensative than the Blus, if that is even possible. But the CUSTOMER-FOCUSED owner of Modern Vapor says he will be getting manual batteries in shortly. THAT will be a GLORIOUS day.

The benefits are, quite simply: you get a more powerful battery that lasts longer with GREAT throat hit and vapor production than the default Blu/Vulcano setup. If you were a previous cig smoker, this will work well for you since the SideSho still has a nice easy draw (unlike the 901 and 510 vapor monsters) to go with the nice vapor production.

The biggest problem I find with Blu/Vulcano batteries is that you end up charging each one 4 - 8 times a day. And if anyone has an old iphone, you'll know that LI ion batteries can only be charged so many times before they no longer hold a charge.

Has anyone else tried this setup?

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Has anyone else tried this setup?

I haven't, because it nixes one of the most convenient features (for me) of the blu: the ability to keep everything in the pack, AND pull the blu out of the pack with my teeth for a couple of quick puffs, then back in again, one-handed. This is why I don't use the 510 more often. (Well, that and the manual battery. I really dislike having to push a button to vape.)

But I agree that your suggestion will make most users very happy. I may well eventually try a Sidesho atomizer, since I have a few of the carts already. I wish they weren't so much more expensive, though.

randpost

Moved On
Sep 21, 2009
I started with the Blu as my very first PV, and went to the 901 then the 510. After trying a better E Cig, It's hard to understand why anyone could be happy with the blu as a PV. Battery life is horrible, the carts equal about half of one analog a piece, and the atomizer in combination with the battery produces a very weak vapor.

Since the blu was my first PV, I thought it was amazing at one point. That is until I upgraded.

I currently use an optional 3.7/6v battery mod for the 510 atomizer and It's hard to imagine that I vaped anything else. battery life is now 12-20 hours on one battery depending on how hard I vape.

Two good things about the Blu:

1: The charging case is outstanding, but I can't vape the case.
2: The bad performance helped me appreciate better products.

Here is a link to a review of one of the better battery mods out there for the 510 in my opinion.

(you can purchase automatic 510 bats)
Silver Bullet

Last edited:

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
I started with the Blu as my very first PV, and went to the 901 then the 510. After trying a better E Cig, It's hard to understand why anyone could be happy with the blu as a PV. Battery life is horrible, the carts equal about half of one analog a piece, and the atomizer in combination with the battery produces a very weak vapor.

The bottom line is, everyone has different priorities and habits. I'm the first to admit that the blu is not for everyone, but for people like me, it's a nice fit. Heavier smokers won't be happy with it, and I'd hazard to say that out-of-the-box MOST people won't be happy with it, but all it takes is a bit of tweaking (primarily, get a decent liquid and cart filler-- important with ANY e-cig) to make it perform very well for its size.

I do not need nicotine anymore. I've been off it for ages, and only vape zero-nic liquids. I don't need throat hit either, though I can still get it (and sometimes can't avoid it) even with zero-nic on the blu. All I need is an e-cig that mimics the act of smoking as best as possible to satisfy my desire for the ritual, hand-to-mouth, and playing with "smoke." For me that means it needs to be cigarette-sized, it needs an automatic battery, it needs to be easy to carry in a self-contained pack, it needs to transfer flavors well, and it needs to kick out a nice cloud of vapor. The blu does all of that very well-- yes, even the vapor bit. It's not as good on vapor as my 510, but with good liquid and carts it's surprisingly close given how tiny it is. The pack holds six carts, and on a normal day I get through perhaps four or five. I'm never without a charged battery because the pack finishes charging one before I'm done with the other. I charge perhaps three to four times on a normal day.

At night when I'm on the couch and watching TV, I'll often switch to the 510 because I'm not running around and I'm not working with my hands. I love its vapor production. But honestly, it's not THAT much better to make me give up the convenience of the blu when I'm at work or on the move. (I vape almost constantly while driving, and I tried that with the 510 about twice-- it just doesn't cut it for me.)

Thanks for the Silver Bullet link-- it looks interesting, and I'll check out the reviews and videos when I get a chance, but I doubt I'll shell out $99 for a 510 battery interface unless it's considerably shorter and lighter than the standard 510 manual batteries. The reason I haven't gotten a 510 automatic battery yet (I found them at Totally Wicked-- in copper, no less!) is because I'm pretty sure the resulting e-cig would still be over an inch longer and far heavier than my blu, and probably very difficult to vape no-handed, though I may give it a try with some whistle-tip carts.

MrKai

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
Alameda County, CA

I have a Titan 510, Volcano (another rebrand of the L88 style) and DSE901 in my current rotation...and by far overall, the 510 is the least preferred of my current "working set"...and here is why:

*Flavor*. Even with whistle tips, I find I get more actual flavor and satisfaction out of anything but the 510. It is more like sucking air. And it has the tendency to burn, so when you do get flavor...it isn't good.

A cart that has been modded with PTB, or even better, a frayed brass screen plug produces copious vapor without the need to suck like you are pulling a milkshake. I can easily get 7-10 drops of liquid into *that tiny cart* with a brass plug and unlike others I have tried (510, 901 so far with brass) it DOESN'T leak a drop.

A pleasant side effect of this was well, better battery life.

Since the blu was my first PV, I thought it was amazing at one point. That is until I upgraded.

Oddly enough, I "stepped down" to the L88/Blu style.

I currently use an optional 3.7/6v battery mod for the 510 atomizer and It's hard to imagine that I vaped anything else. battery life is now 12-20 hours on one battery depending on how hard I vape.

Stock batteries on a 510 don't last anywhere near that long :)

Two good things about the Blu:

1: The charging case is outstanding, but I can't vape the case.
2: The bad performance helped me appreciate better products.

Another good thing about the blu-style is that parts are dirt cheap and in the "coming times" this is a big thing to consider unless most of your vaping is sitting inside attached to a power lead. They are so inexpensive for a full PV ($14) that I have given more than one away with a "just keep it" and some links.

Give this a shot and let us know what you think: put some good liquid into a blu cart and attach a 510 manual instead of the blu battery.

Welcome to Flavor Country, heheh. The 510 vapor is flavorless by comparison.

Besides getting rid of the horrible polyfill in the carts, this is my number one recommendation to blu-style users: Get a 510 manual battery to use on-the-go if you want to vape "between" charges in your PCC. I always keep one in my pocket. Then again, I usually carry like 5 L88s "ready to go" in a real cigarette pack i "modded" for this purpose and a 901 in the glovebox.

-K

-K

randpost

Moved On
Sep 21, 2009
I guess its hard for me to see past my own ecig usage. I sit at a PC all day at work and have no concern for size of unit since I'm not that mobile. I carry around 1 cart 1 atomizer and my 510 battery mod with a 5ml sqeeze bottle of juice. I use a mace (pepper spray) holster which has two little side pouches perfect for my atomizer and cart on one side and a 5ml bottle of juice on the other. the size and weight feels like a palm cell phone with holster on my belt.

Adapters are also an option on the battery mod for 901 and 801. I enjoy using different atomizers from time to time.

As for the flavor of different juices in the 510 atomizer:

I order high mg nic juice in 600ml (113.00usd shipped) quantities unflavored and mix them with VG and clean flavorings from multiple companies. the unflavored juice is PG and I mix VG to cut the high nic content in half. The juice tastes great and is very cheap. Plus I know everything that goes into it.

This effectively doubles my 600ml to well over 1000ml

my first atomizer purchase was for 10 510 atomizers at 3.75usd a piece. I still havent opened them since my first 4 510 atomizers are still working perfectly.

I've tried Johnsons Creek and other juices and yes they taste far better in my 901, but juices from other places especially VG taste and vape exceptionally well in a 510.

I guess if your lifestyle requires a smaller ecig or u prefer something more analog like then what I use isnt for you. I still wouldn't recommend the Blu since there are many better mini alternatives out there.

Price wise Blu parts are cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Some days I do like smaller solution for my ecigs, and my 510 titan with PCC is a all day solution that keeps me happy.

Everyone's experience is different with different products. This is just my own.

Currently I'm puffing pralines and creme 30mg half pg/vg with loranns flavorings and it happens to be one of those flavors that tastes better on my 510 than my 901.

Last edited:

MrKai

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
Alameda County, CA
my first atomizer purchase was for 10 510 atomizers at 3.75usd a piece. I still havent opened them since my first 4 510 atomizers are still working perfectly.

I'd like to know where ya' got that pricing from :)

I've tried Johnsons Creek and other juices and yes they taste far better in my 901, but juices from other places especially VG taste and vape exceptionally well in a 510.

Heh...the problem (for me) with JC is that it tastes *too* good...i have run thru a lot of that stuff. Had to ween off, heheh.

I guess if your lifestyle requires a smaller ecig or u prefer something more analog like then what I use isnt for you. I still wouldn't recommend the Blu since there are many better mini alternatives out there.

There aren't *that* many 8.3-8.5mm options out there, and really that is the "sweet spot" for a lot of people.

Price wise Blu parts are cheap, but you get what you pay for.

I find them *inexpensive* but certainly not cheap. I've killed 901 and 510 atomizers within a week. L88 atomizers are rather hardy, tho I believe that has a lot to do with the bridge and wick design; makes them a bit more flood resistant so you aren't boiling a lot of liquid.

Some days I do like smaller solution for my ecigs, and my 510 titan with PCC is a all day solution that keeps me happy.

Everyone's experience is different with different products. This is just my own.

Currently I'm puffing pralines and creme 30mg half pg/vg with loranns flavorings and it happens to be one of those flavors that tastes better on my 510 than my 901.

I think the OP was just looking for a wide range of views :) I say, if your smoking is more "habitual" than "craving" and you didn't smoke Camel Wides, the smaller ones will more than likely be what would work for you.

I am personally looking into a different 8.5mm style myself that has longer batteries so it is akin to a 100s size.

I just cringe and high retail priced atomizers...as those are the only parts we cannot fashion ourselves :)

-K

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
There aren't *that* many 8.3-8.5mm options out there, and really that is the "sweet spot" for a lot of people.

I am personally looking into a different 8.5mm style myself that has longer batteries so it is akin to a 100s size.

The only <90 mm ones I know of are blu and the other L88b variants at 88 mm; the 403 at 85 mm (which is a 401 with a smaller battery-- I'm curious as to how it performs, may get one someday if a PCC ever comes out); and the DSE8084 at 84 mm.

There are more that are closer to 100 mm, including the 401 at 108 mm; the JOYE 510 at 109 mm; and the J108 at 108 mm. The Sidesho, available at Modern Vapor, is a J108 clone of sorts that's made by the same manufacturer as the L88b, and the batteries are interchangeable with blu's. If you like the blu system but want a longer e-cig with bigger carts, more battery power, and a similar pack system (except that it doesn't hold a complete e-cig-- L88b is still the ONLY one I know that does that), you may be very happy with a Sidesho. The parts are a lot more expensive, though. Of course, you could even just get a Sidesho battery and use it with your blu carts and atomizers if you just want more battery power sometimes.

randpost

Moved On
Sep 21, 2009
I'd like to know where ya' got that pricing from :)

if you stop by health cabin website and send amy an email asking for bulk prices. she will send you the price list.

I placed a large ejuice order and that was the price she gave me on atomizers.

Shes really great to work with and as long as you contact her you can work on pricing.

mcnasty

Sep 28, 2009
Wow...Im a super noob in the ecig land and first came across the blu cig and was pretty impressed by it..I havent bought it yet but like the cheap price to try it out.... these reviews really helped...any other cool ecigs out there i should check out for a reasonable starter price....im trying to gather as much info as possible to see what direction i should go in for the best price.... thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread