Hong Kong. Has banned all exportation of E.Cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicBang

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
Denmark

Last week i was informed that the Honk Kong government had banned all exportation of e cigs and fluids. In effect throttling the supply worldwide. Up till now i thought that this was a gesture they would not follow up with any commitment.

All 3 of my suppliers are having their goods returned to them. We are currently trying to find new ways to import the goods but i think it might be fair to expect a drying up of Supplies in the short term.

I believe that tobacco companies and world government pressure is being exerted on HK to do this. In effect, if the distribution of Electronic Cigarettes and Nicotine cartridges and fluid is choked at its exit point..IE Hong Kong then we have no product..

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida
Can someone clue me in please? I thought these were coming out of China proper, not Hong Kong, so don't understand how it would be "throttling the supply worldwide"....

That's like China's main distribution point.

I can't see China liking this, though. My stuff has been coming in. Just little stuff, consumer related stuff.

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida
From "Wayne" at Heaven Gifts aka Ruyan Direct:

"Hi David, Please don't hesitate to ask us any question. Our business haven't been affected by the ban of electronic cigarette sales in Hong Kong, as all our packages are shipped out directly from Shanghai China.

Kindest regards,

Wayne"

I wonder how Hong Kong is going to be liking this.

KatyS

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
It is definately getting serious. One of my suppliers here in US has had a shipment confiscated, which means they loose their shipping cost, have to pay to have it shipped out again. China is not very good about refunds. I have been notified by 2 of my suppliers in china, that they will no longer send kits in boxes or with cartridges, but in pieces. Don't know where this is going, but don't like the direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread