hoog, got a question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddy611

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Chicago, IL USA
ddy611, the 801 connectors from Madvapes does fine with BE112 attys. vaping on a Nicobox using Hoog's connector right now. The 302 should be fine, as 801/BE112/302's are said to be totally compatible.

I have a 302 atty coming in next week so I can give you a definite yes from personal experience then.

thanks kemuri, i was about to order 302s and i just wanted to make sure if its fits. good to know 112s fit perfectly:):):)

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
Just a follow-up on Madvapes' 801 connector.

I tried on a Joye 302 atty on the connector and it fires up w/no problem.
This atty has 2 groove channels cut across the threads -- for airflow I assume though I don't notice any difference in the airiness between that atty and the 801 and BE112.

Maybe the channels are needed for the Joye 302 batteries, but why get expensive and short lasting ecig batteries when you can get all the parts and Li-on batteries to make a Nicobox in all variations from 3.7v to 7.4v from Madvapes?

Hoog, if you're reading this thread, I wish you'd carry some sort of a diode or resistor which drops voltage by approx. half a volt. Not sure how easily available 4.5v regulators are in terms of cost and form factor, though that would be the simplest solution. I suspect voltages between 4.2v to about 4.8v will be the new 5v soon, especially with the low resistance attys which will be easily available in the next few months.

Thanks for the nice tiny blue box 1551GTBU you threw in with my last order. Possible to make an extremely compact 2x 15270 @6v or a 18350 3.7v out of that one with some Dremel help.

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
hey kemuri,
thanks again for the info. im trying different attys for my 5v box. also does the 801 soft tip cart fit BE112 and joye302?? i have like 10 blank 801 carts. not sure if i have to buy another set for 112 and 302??

Just tried an 801 cart on the BE and 302 and yep, they fit ok though a bit tight at first. The BE and 302's are considered low bridge I believe. The problem with the 801 attys are that there are low bridge and high bridge varieties and I've read complaints about people burning/melting the end of the cart on the high bridges.

Solution would be to get a very sharp knife and trim off about a millimeter from the cart and see if that keeps the melting to a minimum.

I think you'll end up melting the ends @5v even if it's low bridge however and may take a bit of trial and error to judge how much to trim off the cart. I almost never use carts anymore but direct dip instead for better vapor and taste. That's why I happened to have unused, filled carts from several months ago.

When you really dig the penstyle, especially @4.2v to 5v, you might find all other attys to be lacking as far as taste, except for the 401.

Last edited:

ddy611

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Chicago, IL USA
Just tried an 801 cart on the BE and 302 and yep, they fit ok though a bit tight at first. The BE and 302's are considered low bridge I believe. The problem with the 801 attys are that there are low bridge and high bridge varieties and I've read complaints about people burning/melting the end of the cart on the high bridges.

Solution would be to get a very sharp knife and trim off about a millimeter from the cart and see if that keeps the melting to a minimum.

I think you'll end up melting the ends @5v even if it's low bridge however and may take a bit of trial and error to judge how much to trim off the cart. I almost never use carts anymore but direct dip instead for better vapor and taste. That's why I happened to have unused, filled carts from several months ago.

When you really dig the penstyle, especially @4.2v to 5v, you might find all other attys to be lacking as far as taste, except for the 401.
thanks for the advice kemuri. gonna try to trim the 801 cart.:thumbs::thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread