ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
Item Id: 10459
Availability:
spacer.gif
Out of Stock

I want! No, I neeeeed a couple of these! (or something like it) When can I have?

LOL

Anyway, any idea when these will be in? Also, are these pressure activated or sound? The Harley doesn't play nice with sound activated autos. :laugh: I need a good slim auto to take on long motorcycle rides that won't pocket fire or change voltage or take up pocket real estate like my ProVari.

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
For a "mini" the battery life is at approximately 1.5hrs. I pretty much supplement breathing with vaping so that's not horrible. They do not work as a passthrough. They will not activate when plugged in. The pressure switches seem "sticky". When I first tried to use them I thought they were DoA. But with prior experience with several automatics I tried the usual blow-through with some force on the plug/LED end. That seemed to free the switches up. They work ok when they would activate but one would misfire roughly 60% and the other about 40%. Took the batteries out to the shop and trimmed the connector ends down a bit to tighten up the draw. This seems to help since I take light and long draws. Interestingly the problem reoccurs with a carto that's over 3ohm. With a 2.5 ohm carto they work well. Will keep you posted on any additional info.

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
Ya, I can see how straight USB charging is convenient.

I used the pair on a fishing trip today and they lasted from about 5:30am to roughly 1:30pm with "typical" use (opposed to my usual supplement-vaping-with-breathing). Used another one of your regular Bauway 2.5ohm cartos and only had the occasional misfire or delayed fire. So far so good. Although they're a bit finicky, as long as they keep ticking, I'd give em a decent rating.

Will report if anything changes.

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
Progress report:
One battery has died. It will not charge. I don't have a regular 510 charger anymore (gave them away to another vaper in need) so haven't been able to test that. I only use cartomizers on these and no juice has leaked inside.
These batteries have been used mainly on motorcycle rides and occasionally while out to lunch and not as a "main device".
The battery that quit was also the one that gave me the most problems right from the start (so it is also the least used of the two). This is the battery that was difficult to activate and also developed an odd orientation issue shortly before it died. You would have to rotate the battery a certain way to get it to activate normally otherwise it's like sucking a milkshake through a straw.
The other battery is still working fine.

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
Can no longer charge with a regular USB cable. That function has failed. I was able to borrow a regular 510 charger and that did the trick. When charging through the 510 adapter the LED indicator does not illuminate or indicate anything so a charger with it's own LED is rather important. This battery still has the odd orientation issue though. But, it still works.
I'll have to remember to add a 510 charger on my next order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread