The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hoping to hear from new 60w owners.

Discussion in 'ProVape' started by Ipster, Jul 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ipster

Ipster Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yoohoo....Pssst....
    Anyone tick off the box for 60w in your Radius order?
    Please share....we're waiting to hear from you, what you vape,
    and how important the 40-60 was for you.

(no I have no relationship to Provape company)...
    just watching new developments that I expect will be popular.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 3
  2. HBcorpse

HBcorpse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    I will be getting a 60 watt soon!

I'll let you know!

I can tell you now, I absolutely don't need anything higher than 15 watts, with my current gear.

All my Provari's run at 10 watts, with 1-1.2 ohm coils.

The 15 watts kicks in on my Mark Bugs Wizard's Apprentice Evolved II (WAEII), and the reason I use 15 watts there, is because that's what most closely matches the performance of the same build at 10 watts on my Provari's.

Why is this important to your thread?
    Well, like I said, the 40-60 watts is completely unimportant to me...but I'm that kind of person.
    I own a 128 GB iPhone...do I store 128 GB of content on it? Nope. But I don't wanna be caught with my pants down.

So I'm buying the 60 watt Radius as future-proofing. Because I don't know what the future holds for vaping...and I don't wanna be left out in the cold.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Ipster

Supporting member
    ON its way to you? or planned in next months VapeBudget?
    Ive just spent 1/2hr noodling around PVs site, still havent found option(s) for
    darkened case radius, yet I know they've made them in stealth black, and bronze.
    Whats your flavor (60w) for a topper that'll use the 40-60 range?
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  4. HBcorpse

Jul 23, 2013
    Next month!

You have to choose the customizable Radius, in order to get the different colored metal options.

I just updated my previous post, which you're probably reading right now...hahaha

5. Ipster

Supporting member
    Woot, Hoot Hurrah!,Cheers for tip,found it. Satin Silver, Graphite Grey, Stealth, Bronze.
    Do you SubOhm?

• Like Like x 1
  6. HBcorpse

Jul 23, 2013
    I sub-ohm, but only on a technicality.
    My build on the Mark Bugs GEM / WAEII combo is 0.9 Kanthal @ 15 watts.

I do use a JoyeTech AIO with pop-in coils that have 0.6 SS printed on them...But the device itself is tiny, and must be using a 16340-ish size battery...so it's probably not firing the coils very high.

7. HandsomeStan

HandsomeStan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2013
    UK
    I'll have my 60watt Radius tomorrow, looking forward to it. I rarely go over 25 watts but I'll put it through its paces at higher watts and see how it does.

Also interested in trying out coil control!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ed66

Ed66 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2016
    Rayland, Ohio
    I got my Black Onyx 60w on Friday, haven't gone above 20 watts on it yet (tend to be a tootle puffer) but it has preformed quite well. Will try out the CC as soon as I get some compatible coils.

9. Ed66

Ed66 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2016
    Rayland, Ohio
    Picked up an Aspire Triton V2 today to try out the higher wattage/cc (coil control) on my 60w Radius. Vapes very nicely at 50w with the 0.4 ohm. The CC set at I 3 seems about the same, first time using TC/CC so not sure what I think about it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ravnhaus

ravnhaus Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2015
    Received my 60 on 7.21.16 and put it into daily use after a full charge. Kabuki @ 10 watts 1.8 ohm with the 3000 battery upgrade. I rotate throughout the day on various units, but the 60 has been in constant use everyday. I am at 50% battery this evening from the first charge. 11 days on one charge. I am impressed. YMMV...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Hitmetwice

Hitmetwice Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    I'm interested in users opinions as well. After taxes and exchange rate adjustment it's gonna be over 4 bills for me to get one here in Canada.

Can get like 8 regular devices with more flexibility for that money.
    But know what level of quality Provape used to build in.

Is it still built in??? Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. HBcorpse

Jul 23, 2013
    Provape quality is still as good as it has always been, if not better!

Do you know anyone in the states that could help you facilitate the purchase, so that the taxes and whatnot wouldn't hurt you so badly?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hitmetwice

Hitmetwice Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    No, don't know anyone I could trust enough in the US. to go that route. My old Provari that I got as my first device was flawless for almost 3 years, till I went sub ohm. Now it sits unused in a drawer. That is the reason I'm even considering another one.

Unfortunately I will not be dropping that kind of cash on any 1 device in the near future.
    The bar is just too high, the quality may be there but the device is still somewhat more limiting than I'd like for dropping that much dinero. If it could fire my .25 ohm crown I'd give it more serious thought but 0.3 ohm is the minimum resistance rating on it.

I'll just wait till I win the lottery and they introduce a model closer to my needs. Thanks for your reply. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JohnD0406

JohnD0406 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Much to my surprise, I just installed a SS notch coil, and the Radius 60 reads it as 0.24 ohms, and it's firing at 42W just fine! I have the CC firmware installed. I'll update if anything strange happens - I literally just starting using this build.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mike49

Mike49 Full Member

Oct 27, 2015
    I've had my 60 for just over a week and it's provided a superb vape thus far. I currently have it topped with an Aspire Cleito tank, fitted with the Aspire 0.4Ω SS coil. Been alternating firing it in wattage (45W) and CC modes (I, Level 7), and both provide a consistent, excellent vape. Of course, the old bank account took a considerable hit but I think it's worth it.

Here she be, topped with a KF5.
    160812_1850.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  16. AstroTurf

AstroTurf Happy to be... Not Smoking!!! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Good Looking Customization!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.