Status
Not open for further replies.

spookyelectric

May 30, 2012
Texas
I smoked cigarettes for 13 years, and I have an uncle who has smoked a pipe for a lot longer than that. He is semi-dependent on the rest of our family, so we typically buy his tobacco and supplies. Lately, he has developed a problem with his throat and lungs, particularly bad in the evenings. According to the doctor, he may well have the early stage of COPD.

I mentioned to my aunt that electronic pipe vaporizers exist, and even pipe tobacco flavored liquids. I sent her a link to one I found on azsmokefree that was around $65. It comes with two batteries, a charger, and three cartos, as well as the mouthpiece and pipe. It uses 510 cartomizers, apparently. She was enthusiastic about learning more about vaporizers, and we are both hoping to get my uncle to make the switch. Apparently, he was pretty blasé and indifferent when she brought it up, but then again he is usually like that about most things.

I should also mention that my uncle is blind. I am a touch worried that if we get him to use one of these the possibility exists for him to end up sickening himself by mishandling the e-liquid or he might not be able to get the hang of filling the cartos and charging, etc. (All the little fussy tasks we take for granted being able to do with ease). It might be just enough stress for him to not "take" to vaping. (If we wanted to be hard-nosed about it, we could take the pipe away but that seems pretty mean to do to an adult). First off, does anyone have any experience or guidance about e-pipes and pipe liquids? This is the model we were considering:
[url]http://www.azsmokefree.com/inc/sdetail/11673[/URL]

Secondly, any input on this situation in general? Normally, as vapers we try not to force anyone's opinion, but this is a bit of a different case, as our family serves as his caretakers and we have a lot more influence in his life. It would be great to have his health improve, and an added bonus is he would be able to vape indoors instead of having to go outside all the time.

Danidoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Chicago
Disclaimer first! I know nothing about pipes... Did a quick google that led me right back to ECF, go figure. Found an older thread that recommends a fairly pricey mod that holds 10 mil as a bottom feeder. Seems like maybe someone could fill him up in the morning and he would be good to go all day. Not sure if this is with in your financial reach. Maybe try a less expensive option and if he likes it invest in this.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/where-can-i-get/227389-e-pipe-mods.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread