Horizontech Arctic coils taste terrible and don't last!

Status
Not open for further replies.

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
I've had my Arctic tank for a good 3-4 months, running it with a .2 coil on a Sigelei 100w+ at 50-60w typically. Usually coils are lasting a good 2 weeks before I start getting a burnt taste, and when I replace it, the new coil has an "off" flavor for a couple puffs and then it's fine. I've had 3 coils in a row now that taste absolutely awful for a good 15 puffs (almost a dusty oily taste)- I mean bad enough to make me cough and gag. I am priming the coils properly before firing them (dripping juice on the cotton until it won't absorb any more, then let it sit in the tank for a few minutes) I've also noticed the coils aren't lasting nearly as long- one lasted a week, next one 3 days before getting a nasty burnt taste. Just now installed a third and it tasted horrible for at least 10 puffs, started with short bursts at 30w, then up to 50w. I don't know what's causing this but it's awful and I'm about ready to get a different tank because of it. Any advice?

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Any new wick is prone to a funky taste until it breaks in. Even with a RBA you will notice it. The lifespan of a coil/wick has a lot to do with the juice you use and how you vape. If you use high VG/dark colored/sweet juice, your coils will wear out quicker. Chain vaping also wears them out faster. If you take a lot of puffs in rapid succession the wick can't absorb juice fast enough to keep it from burning. Even if you only slightly singe the wick, the effect is cumulative. Eventually you will burn it to the point where it tastes bad.

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
I always vape different flavors, but never dark juices, some sweeter than others and mostly max vg, but I think it's weird that this just started, never happened before. Yes, I've always gotten a slight "off" taste for a couple puffs after a new coil, but nothing too objectionable. This taste is downright disgusting. Like coughing and gagging gross. The insulator is intact and doesn't appear to be burned or melted. I do chain vape a little, but never had an issue before and never get a burned taste below 60w.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread