hot flashes started since starting vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigga123

Jul 23, 2018
I started vaping (commercial product with 2.5% nicotine) and like it a lot, feel calmer and like the effect. But after 2+ years not having hot flashes any more and 4 years after having last menstrual period, I am having hot flashes again, seems like more after vaping. I wonder whether any other women have this and if anyone knows if there is any research on it. I did try CBD before and had a period which was weird so must be a hormone effect. Internet research is all over the map.

missbgb2s

Sep 16, 2018
I started vaping (commercial product with 2.5% nicotine) and like it a lot, feel calmer and like the effect. But after 2+ years not having hot flashes any more and 4 years after having last menstrual period, I am having hot flashes again, seems like more after vaping. I wonder whether any other women have this and if anyone knows if there is any research on it. I did try ... before and had a period which was weird so must be a hormone effect. Internet research is all over the map.

Hi sigga123,
I realize you posted this a few months ago but was curious what (if anything) you have learned about this. I'm currently looking for info about it right now. I'm 45 years old and perhaps a bit pre-menopausal but not completely. Prior to vaping I may have had 3 hot flashes in my entire life. I've now been vaping for almost 4 months and in the last month have had started having several hot flashes every single day. This has only started in the last month though. Vaping seems to be connected. I have noticed that I can go several hours, like at work, without vaping and will also not have any hot flashes. But as soon as I start vaping after work, I will get a hot flash almost immediately. They're not exactly painful, but EXTREMELY uncomfortable. Enough so, that I have cut my nicotine intake in half. Though that has not seemed to help yet. Any more info you have learned or discerned yourself would be greatly appreciated.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would consider getting your thyroid checked if you haven't. The thyroid reacts differentlly to smoking vs vaping and given the temperature changes that is what occured to me.

Given you are entering menopause anyway, I'd say go in for a female/endocrine work up to see if it's coincidental, if vaping is triggering the hot flashes and if so how.... That would be my plan of atttack anyway in that situation. I'm not a doctor though, I am just a random person on the internet and merely stating what *I* would do in that circumstance.

Good luck however and I hope it improves,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread