Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
TheZFO is running their Black Friday sale early, got the email this morning. They are offering the HoH DX650 mod-- the old skool one with the protruding button-- in copper for $40 plus ten bucks shipping. The mod normally lists for $150 plus ship, so it's a heckuva deal. If you've been looking for a HoH tube, or want a top quality mech for the vapocalypse stash, take a look at this one. FCFS, limited to stock on hand, no rainchecks. Believe me when I say I ordered one. And I manfully resisted ordering more than one so there'd be more to go around. You're welcome :)

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
TheZFO is running their Black Friday sale early, got the email this morning. They are offering the HoH DX650 mod-- the old skool one with the protruding button-- in copper for $40 plus ten bucks shipping. The mod normally lists for $150 plus ship, so it's a heckuva deal. If you've been looking for a HoH tube, or want a top quality mech for the vapocalypse stash, take a look at this one. FCFS, limited to stock on hand, no rainchecks. Believe me when I say I ordered one. And I manfully resisted ordering more than one so there'd be more to go around. You're welcome :)
Thanks for sharing that! I'm looking all over and cant find what the diameter is? Any idea?

Reactions: stols001

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Thanks for sharing that! I'm looking all over and cant find what the diameter is? Any idea?
I can't find anything solid. The "legacy pages" on ZFO list the stainless model at .860 inches, which is about 22mm. No idea if the copper one is the same size. It might not be. Copper is, of course, a lot softer than stainless; the designer might have wanted a thicker wall for thread strength or to defeat buckling if it were dropped with no battery in it. I have a CuTe mod-- handmade by a dude here in Texas-- out of Tellurium Copper, and it is a full 25mm in diameter, or a skosh bigger. Probably cut out of one inch round bar so maybe 25.4mm. Anyway, the walls are very thick, at least 3mm. OTOH, I also have a couple other copper mods and they are not excessively thick. Unfortunately, no real idea. I didn't actually care much, I just bought one :)

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
I can't find anything solid. The "legacy pages" on ZFO list the stainless model at .860 inches, which is about 22mm. No idea if the copper one is the same size. It might not be. Copper is, of course, a lot softer than stainless; the designer might have wanted a thicker wall for thread strength or to defeat buckling if it were dropped with no battery in it. I have a CuTe mod-- handmade by a dude here in Texas-- out of Tellurium Copper, and it is a full 25mm in diameter, or a skosh bigger. Probably cut out of one inch round bar so maybe 25.4mm. Anyway, the walls are very thick, at least 3mm. OTOH, I also have a couple other copper mods and they are not excessively thick. Unfortunately, no real idea. I didn't actually care much, I just bought one :)

Thanks for the info. Glad I'm not the only one who couldn't find anything listed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread