Status
Not open for further replies.

st0nedpenguin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2010
WA
You know what sucks about all these new threads being made by the guess , you can't click on the persons who started the thread in the beginning profile, say if you don't want to read all the post and just want a quick look see at the owners post. This suck !
If the old thread drops into the abyss of old posts, all the tags linking to specific info are essentially gone too.:mad:

sj74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Northern Virginia
Need some expert advice Zenesis land. For some reason I am getting a lot of dry burns on my standard. Last night I wrapped a new coil on 400 did three burn runs with straight pg let it sit overnight, tank is 3/4 full. First toot this morning. Good. Second dry burn. Same thing happened yesterday thought it was the coil which is why I set up a whole new wick and coil last night.

Any thoughts???

liveone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
I was wondering why I came home and there's only a few new posts to read. Over a hundred already here in part 2. I wanted to grats the person who got a standard after 4 months of lurking and it said thread locked! ZOMG!

Dripping on my io6 and provari with a nice glass of Chardonnay looking forward to when I can order a mini and a zap. I never want to buy another carto. You think I jumped the gun by buying a spool of kanthal wire from eBay? Ahh who cares. Looking forward to vaping zens with my wife (who recently quit analogs) at a local zen garden feeding the kois. Started with provaris and found carto tanks but kept looking. Found the zenesis which promises to be the holy grail. Dunno but at least I know Zen has a passion for his creations. It's contagious. Don't care about numbers. Don't want to make a buck. I want to vape. Just vape.

Paislia

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
NY, USA
Need some expert advice Zenesis land. For some reason I am getting a lot of dry burns on my standard. Last night I wrapped a new coil on 400 did three burn runs with straight pg let it sit overnight, tank is 3/4 full. First toot this morning. Good. Second dry burn. Same thing happened yesterday thought it was the coil which is why I set up a whole new wick and coil last night.

Any thoughts???

The thing to do is to check the coil for any shorts first, but it sounds like the wick is just new since you're saying the liquid is straight PG? In this case, you want to make sure the vent hole in the cap is directly in line with the wick, then hold the PV so that the wick is facing down when you hit it. Tilting beyond horizontal ("3 o'clock") is also recommended for a couple of tanks worth (i.e. hold the pv at 2 o'clock) to aid the wicking. I am sure there are other things to try in the FAQ in the social group, but I have not had my coffee so I can't find the link ;) -Pchela has the link in her sig so find one of her posts if you haven't been to the group yet :) hope that helps

sj74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Northern Virginia
Simple enough and I am back in business!!! Thanks for the tips. It's the little things I tell ya...lol

The thing to do is to check the coil for any shorts first, but it sounds like the wick is just new since you're saying the liquid is straight PG? In this case, you want to make sure the vent hole in the cap is directly in line with the wick, then hold the PV so that the wick is facing down when you hit it. Tilting beyond horizontal ("3 o'clock") is also recommended for a couple of tanks worth (i.e. hold the pv at 2 o'clock) to aid the wicking. I am sure there are other things to try in the FAQ in the social group, but I have not had my coffee so I can't find the link ;) -Pchela has the link in her sig so find one of her posts if you haven't been to the group yet :) hope that helps

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
I miss the old thread. :(

CB's show was awesome! She's a great lady. Love her!

I'll never know about her show -- I hate thursdays for the bs'ing about her show, I should stay away on these days.......:( I had to read the posts, I had to see how the rest of the zenfamily reacyed, still way too much talk of CB, though!!! :D

I've been calling out the management for this lunacy, I've already got a couple infractions previously so I should lay low now.....8-o8-o8-o

Last edited:

Shaitaan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Syracuse, NY
wow....i'm gone from ecf for a couple of days for work n personal reasons, i come back to catch up (good luck, almost 100 pages lol) then lo and behold, someone broke ecf? all right who did it...almost every thread i subscribe to was terminated then continued w/ new thread :p and thats not including another pissing match...not good lol...

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
Does anyone have any extra Clear Polycarbonate Tubing, 3/4" ID, 7/8" OD, 1/16" Wall. Amazon seems to be out of stock for 1-2 months.

Broke my mini tank three weeks ago and need this thing to start working again.

Zenfidels probably bought it all. :) You should place an order anyway. Amazon is good at getting stock for orders placed for items they say are out of stock. You could get it within days. That happens a LOT on Amazon.

House of Hybrids ecommerce should be up and running any day now, so maybe you can get a mini quartz.

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
I'll never know about her show -- I hate thursdays for the bs'ing about her show, I should stay away on these days.......:(ot even going to read the next 80 posts......

I've been calling out the management for this lunacy, I've already got a couple infractions previously so I should lay low now.....8-o8-o8-o

BE CAREFUL! We don't need to lose you too! Pretend you don't see pages full of locked threads. :) Bite your tongue. :)

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Was there a general announcement about why the long thread was closed?

Did it happen to anybody elses thread?

I'm a little perturbed about this!

Well, it's not screwing with my life or anything... I'm just concerned that I have no thread control because this one was started by "Guest".

I was online when it happened, I was very confused, I have been .....ing about it since last night -- its the vendors who got truly cornholioed, the rest of us were merely inconvenienced. I just shake my head about the decision-makers of the forum, I get an infraction for posting the Castle Anthrax scene and that's a bad thing for this place and this goofiness isn't?!?!?!? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread