Not open for further replies.

ian74

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Oh, Ripple, Ian,

Will you guys post photos (I love the polished brass, just everyone says not to do it because of upkeep) for me, pretty please? And tell me the details - battery size & so forth. And anything else that you think I should know - pros, cons, tips, etc., - to finalize my decision on what I'm actually purchasing.... Or PM me, whatever. I sure could use good input & advice. It's a major purchase, after all. And my first non-Zen.

Ima little nervous. Don't feel like I know what I'm doing.

Sure, I've posted the pic before, but here it is again after a quick polish.

cara.jpg

Here is with a ZAU and that spiffy caravela drip tip (crappy cell phone pic).

IMG437.jpg

Details. Two tubes. One is 18350, other is 18650. The 18350 with ZAU on it is shorter than the SS mini. The switch has a nice locking mechanism and he sends two springs a low tension and high tension one. With the low tension one it will fire when put down if its not locked. With the higher tension it wont. MissEmma can back me up on this. Contacts are all brass. You can adjust the top post with a screwdriver to raise or lower the connection, the top of the caravela is completely flat. It's not a problem with Genesis atomizers, but with cartos/tanks if screwed on tight, there will be no airflow. I don't know if he has changed this. I have one of the first run ones.

Build quality is nice. Beautiful to look at and has some weight to it. It's really nice. I don't think you can go wrong. Also, get the drip tip. Completes the package nicely.

Last edited:

sl_rat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
Western, NY
Morning, everyone. It's Thursday...one day closer to Friday...

Last night I had an interesting conversation about licking o-rings.

that's one of the joys of vaping, IMHO....
whether it's "licking o-rings", having a "dripping problem", "having your tube polished" or "taking it slow and deep", there are so many terms that are harmless when used in conversation by vapers. if you're the non-vaper that casually walks by the conversation, i can only guess what thoughts may cross your mind!!!

MissEmma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
West Virginia
Readmermaid, I can't get a pic here at work, but my Caravela is the opposite of Ian's. SS body with brass accents. I agree, that if you have the low tension spring, which is what mine came with, it will fire if you set it down. I have only the 18350 model and it's small, but I love it.
And the ZAU is so perfect on this!!

Oh, and I also say get the DT...sets it all off :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread