Status
Not open for further replies.

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I absolutely love the look and feel of the AYS.... Build quality just eeekkkks out of every stainless steel curve and bend. But this "Open Draw" is going to take a LOT of getting used to. After shooting a couple picks I switched out the 400 mesh for some 325 and re-wrapped the coil.... Filled the tank and it seems to be vaping like a champ. Just not used to inhaling directly into the lungs... And that appears to be about the only way you can get a good tug on this thing.

Am I missing something?

Just give it time right.....

Just vape it! Don't pay attention to the drag, just focus on pulling quickly, evenly, and with some serious gust (but not too hard!) and you'll be blowing fatttttt clouds all day!

Yellowman1972

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
Seattle
Ya kman the standard is not big at all in real life. Always the case when people are holding stuff up to the canera. Your gonna love the standard. And the me switching batts out, let me clarify. They still have juice I just don't like to discharge them below a certain point.

And all the ays owners owe a big thanks to vaptamist. His post started the ball rolling. Thanks mang!

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
I absolutely love the look and feel of the AYS.... Build quality just eeekkkks out of every stainless steel curve and bend. But this "Open Draw" is going to take a LOT of getting used to. After shooting a couple picks I switched out the 400 mesh for some 325 and re-wrapped the coil.... Filled the tank and it seems to be vaping like a champ. Just not used to inhaling directly into the lungs... And that appears to be about the only way you can get a good tug on this thing.

Am I missing something?

Just give it time right.....

Yep. Give it time & relax. The thing that is notable about an open draw like the Zenesis, you don't have to work for your vapor once you have one setup and working right. Fill it, change a battery, relax, take a nice light long mouth or lung inhale, and..... get gobs and gobs of vapor.

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Ya kman the standard is not big at all in real life. Always the case when people are holding stuff up to the canera. Your gonna love the standard. And the me switching batts out, let me clarify. They still have juice I just don't like to discharge them below a certain point.

And all the ays owners owe a big thanks to vaptamist. His post started the ball rolling. Thanks mang!
I'm glad that I got lucky getting both a standard and a mini in my cart. It'll be the perfect opportunity to compare the two. Thanks for the input.

MissEmma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
West Virginia
Nahhhhh, I think I'm gna keep my AYS for at least a couple of months before I get rid of it. It's far too beautiful, rare, and unique to sell or trade before I've had a fair chance to fully appreciate it.

Well, if you're getting rid of it...keep me in mind!!

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia

majekh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2010
Wisconsin
This is my first Genesis style device, so I can’t compare it to anything other than an atty / carto. I’ve been following the HOH thread since late January and was prepared for all possible issues that might arise. When the AYS arrived today, I followed the instructions to the letter….JUST VAPE IT. I filled the tank with some Ejoker that I’ve been saving for a special occasion, inserted a battery and began vaping. It’s exactly what I would expect from a quality apv. I really like that the finish on the zenesis is silky smooth without being a fingerprint magnet.
The wait for the Zenesis can be exhausting, but it’s defiantly worth it.

2012-06-04174420.jpg

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
So what are my options right now to try and get it shipped to my current address?

It's already delivered so I'm a little on the panicky side. >.<;;

GO GET IT! I would...with delivery confirmation in hand. :)

You also need to make out a change of address at the post office. That's kinda important. :)

Last edited:

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
Spw, I feel ya. Build quality is fine. I have others to compare to. Draw is gonna take some time for me too. There is a lot of space in there for air mixing. Nic delivery seems to be excellent w/18mg Halo Freedom. I usually DIY @ 25mg/ml but have been trying to use up vendor juice I have. I actually got a head rush! :laugh: Vapor is ridiculous. What I am waiting for is flavor. So far just meh. All my gennis have the same liquid in anticipation of this baby so I can compare/contrast.

I'll vape it for a week before I make any firm conclusions. My socks have not been knocked off yet.

Question to the vets. Do they all lean? Maybe a switch adjustment is needed?

krnxguhj33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Victorville, CA

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
The drive is an hour and a half each way.. >.<;; And I have SO much homework/studying to do in preparation for tests..

I already did 9 months ago.. They said that they'd ship to my current address for a year. @_@;;

Can you dig up a phone number for your old address and call to confirm that they hold it for you?

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
The drive is an hour and a half each way.. >.<;; And I have SO much homework/studying to do in preparation for tests..

I already did 9 months ago.. They said that they'd ship to my current address for a year. @_@;;

The ONLY choice you have then is to go get it. Not everyone is honest enough to send it back to the P.O..

Seriously, krn, I know you're ill and busy as hell, but you don't have a choice here. You gotta go get it. Print out the delivery confirmation in case they deny receiving it though.

stevo123

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
georgia
the drive is an hour and a half each way.. >.<;; and i have so much homework/studying to do in preparation for tests..

road trip is a must some one else is vaping your zen go get it or ays lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread