House of Hybrids featuring the Zenesis PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
I wish i could have attended.. im on a crappy comp today..

Looks like Wednesday night will be ignore the thread time from now on, its torture to hear about the show!!!

Cool, dude, and thanks for the cleaning process post...:thumb:

will do. Ill let you know.

BTW, here is the thread I started for Lorderos. I hope he continues to add to it. I subscribed.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/303637-lorderos-amazing-tips-tricks-zenesis-other-genesis-devices.html

also, just for the record I have 11 ordered in total I think.
2 mini's
2 standards
1 TI standard
2 TI mini's
1 BAM
3 z-atty-pro's
and of course I am sure others will follow. I am guessing I need a cOBalt right?

I think I have 36 o-rings coming. I think I can still spare :)

You have some serious cash, dude.....

Hey big spender, "wink, wink" why dont'cha come see me sometime? "wink wink" "Sung in her best Peggy Lee imitation"

Didn't you just win something? :laugh:

Happy Birthday to me. I am 41 today. Hoping to get a Zenesis ASH. Still have not heard anything yet no notifications so far from Zen~.

I am 49 today, next year is AARP time, crap.......:cry::cry::cry:

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
AYS day 3, wick experiment

1-removed Orion set up
2-removed AYS set up...uh oh, Teflon isolator came out. No biggie. Darned thing must be slightly melted but tube looks intact. Can't get it off! This is after just 3 days use. :blink:
3-set up with seasoned wick (no isolator), vape....hum, getting more flavor.
4-get 3mm shoulder washers that I got for Orion. Now must pull tank, easy Peasy, install isolators, install tank.
5-cut 325 x 325, 18mm wide and a bit over long.
6-oxidized ala Jackfrost which is the easiest method ever!!!
7-install wick, wrap 4/3 cool. Minor adjustment to coils, perfect.
8-fill, tilt 45 degrees down, pulse fire till coils get dark.
9-vape.

Sooooo much better. I can taste my juice considering set up is not broken in. :thumb:

Conclusion.....k-man & others, don't count your chickens just yet! :laugh: Now to source more shoulder washers. :)

Yellowman1972

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
Seattle
Yes hole lined up as well as varying degrees off the wick on either side.

I thank you for trying. :) it's ok if I don't like it right? We are all different and have different preferences. I'm hoping but have received some PMs that have reinforced my experience.

it totally is, these hybrids, like juices are subjective. i find that the smaller atomiser chamber genisis such as the orion and especially the hellfire give a more pronounced flavor. when my mini and ays are rolling right and the stars are aligned its a fog machine but while the taste far surpasses attys n cartos it comes in 3rd as far as taste goes when stacked against the orion then the hellfire. this is just my own opinion. the zenesis is a high performance vaping machine and am satisfied with the switch with a spring vs the magnets as i have broken yet another magnet. always a small one btw. the build quality is excellent and the materials used are tip top

spw11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2012
Texas
Sooooo.... No isolator, seasoned wick and a washer made the difference? You have a LOT more history with devices like this than I.... I'm tickled you got firing the way you like it! Doesn't seem like much changed though.:confused:

1-removed Orion set up
2-removed AYS set up...uh oh, Teflon isolator came out. No biggie. Darned thing must be slightly melted but tube looks intact. Can't get it off! This is after just 3 days use. :blink:
4-get 3mm shoulder washers that I got for Orion. Now must pull tank, easy Peasy, install isolators, install tank.
9-vape.

Sooooo much better. I can taste my juice considering set up is not broken in. :thumb:

Conclusion.....k-man & others, don't count your chickens just yet! :laugh: Now to source more shoulder washers. :)

spw11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2012
Texas
Happy B-Day Ripple........... Hope you had a good one.

Looks like Wednesday night will be ignore the thread time from now on, its torture to hear about the show!!!

Cool, dude, and thanks for the cleaning process post...:thumb:

You have some serious cash, dude.....

Didn't you just win something? :laugh:

I am 49 today, next year is AARP time, crap.......:cry::cry::cry:

Filibuster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Tacoma Washington

1-removed Orion set up
9-vape.

Awesome! I bet that flavor will continue to get better as she breaks in. So glad to hear it seems to be coming together for you. :D

My standard is my first genesis atty that I've had so for me it's still a bit more trial and error. I'm still on the wick/wire setup that she came with. I haven't quite been getting the clouds I know she is capable of, and today decided to use my washers to shorten the throw of the switch as it seemed when I was getting nice clouds, I was pushing the button hard, and deliberately. With the extra washers under the screw, she seems much happier, and the great hits are coming much more often. I think scuffing the screw, and a little contact cleaner may help even more. I'll give that a shot tomorrow, and if It helps, I'll let ya'll know.

*edit* mine seems a bit light on flavor too, so I am interested to see where this goes :D

Last edited:

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
my mini helfire rocks big time, it has no insulator and the wick's width is 30mm....

it totally is, these hybrids, like juices are subjective. i find that the smaller atomiser chamber genisis such as the orion and especially the hellfire give a more pronounced flavor. when my mini and ays are rolling right and the stars are aligned its a fog machine but while the taste far surpasses attys n cartos it comes in 3rd as far as taste goes when stacked against the orion then the hellfire. this is just my own opinion. the zenesis is a high performance vaping machine and am satisfied with the switch with a spring vs the magnets as i have broken yet another magnet. always a small one btw. the build quality is excellent and the materials used are tip top

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
tierra: what are shoulder washers.....so you have no insulator which creates more air around the wick?

Edit: just woke up...got it washers for the switch....

Ed, once I source them I'll show you, busy breaking in my wick. ;-)

I got them from Pailpoe to mod my original Orion. They work like the Teflon Zen uses to isolate the wick from the body. If you wick is oxidized properly, they are not needed. There isn't any more air, you adjust wick diameter to the hole.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
Sooooo.... No isolator, seasoned wick and a washer made the difference? You have a LOT more history with devices like this than I.... I'm tickled you got firing the way you like it! Doesn't seem like much changed though.:confused:

:laugh: yep, not my first rodeo!

To clarify, YES I am using isolators (lines the wick hole to keep wick from touching body and shorting if not oxidized properly). I couldn't use the Teflon tube because it as fused (melted) to the I stalled wick. I used what I had which was shoulder washers that function the same.

I made my own wick with my own mesh and oxidation method. The wick installed was really sooty making my light juice really dark. That should have been my first clue. ;-)

It is MUCH better. I am still restricting the air intake also.

Don't worry, you will learn. :)

Last edited:

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
tierra: what are shoulder washers.....so you have no insulator which creates more air around the wick?

Edit: just woke up...got it washers for the switch....
No Ed, shoulder washers as islators for the wick. Look like this.
AC5EC26D.jpg

My switch is fine so far but I did use deoxit gold straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread