The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

House Of Lords Article 20 EU TPD debate

Discussion in 'EU Legislation' started by Toby, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Toby

Toby Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    This should probably also be in the general news section, as should be of interest to other continents...

• Like Like x 7
  2. Maytwin

Maytwin Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    SW France
    SmokeyJoe has a link to it in yesterday's "Read this" thread which heads up all the forums/sub-forums at the moment so hopefully lots will give it a listen - it's certainly worth it. I'm hoping the French take the same stance, which according to this, looks hopeful :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    My god, so much truth spoken I actually feel quite light headed.
    Shared this with everyone who I can get to listen.

• Like Like x 3
  4. OldBatty

OldBatty Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2014
    North Georgia USA
    Thought his listeners were ignoring him until about 10:50. :)

5. Toby

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    And also from PMQs today -

• Like Like x 2
  6. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    I saw Cameron's mouth move, but all I heard was waffle waffle blah wobble wiffle werble.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Benji_Rock

Benji_Rock Full Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Will anyone take notice though? I cant help but feel any argument is just pissing in the wind. I think it was summed up perfectly by the first guy who said the legislation feels to be a result of 'backroom deals'. That's backroom deals with big tobacco and pharmaceutical, so if theyre doing that in the EU its obviously going to be the same in our own corrupt government. It just falls on deaf ears. More money is generated from smoking that vaping, that's all they care about.
    And even if the powers that be are persuaded that article 20 will decrease the number of people quiting, it's far too late to change it, there is only 8 days left until it happens, and I very much doubt anyone in government gives a damn enough to put in the work to get it changed.

8. Toby

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK

9. Tufur

Tufur Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2014
    San Jose, Ca. usa
    I loved the shadow Health Minister's comment about handling the stringent e-cigarette TPD rules in an Italian manner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.