how 2 get same production out of e-cig as usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

opie

Feb 1, 2010
south carolina
hello my name is cody and im kinda new. i have done alot lot of research on the e-cig and finally came to the conclusion that i just had to try it out for myself...lol....so i ordered a dse 901 manual switch and a usb passthru. i have had it going on my secong week now and im finding that the one that i carry around just isnt as consistant than my passthru.

my question is how do i get that same consistancy with the one i carry around? i have ordered extra batts and attys and the batts are charged i just dont get the same consistant vapor and flavor with the one i carry around. i have 24mg menthol that i carry with me too to top off with. any suggestions????

thanks for all you guys and or gals i appreciate all your time and effort you put towards this....to the best of vaping!!!!!!:)

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Short answer: Get a mod.

Longer answer:

Since a passthrough is connected through the computer to AC power, it delivers constant power at the same voltage level (probably somewhere between 4.2 and 5V, depending on your passthrough and USB port). Those skinny little ~200 mAh "3.7V" e-cig batteries start out as high as 4.2V when fully charged and drop down to 3.something fairly quickly.

A mod with high mAh battery (900 to 3000 mAh) delivers power at the high end of its range (~4.2 for a "3.7V" battery) for far longer. During most of the vaping time, the experience will be very much like the passthrough. The smallest 3.7V battery I would recommend would be the 900 mAh 14500. It fits into smaller, slender ~$100 mods like the Protege and BB and into a small box mod like the $50 Bartleby. The big 18650 (2400 to 3000 mAh) fits in the $75-$100 big guys like Silver Bullet, Prodigy, Chuck, and Juice Box.

Another interesting choice is the new 650 mAh Janty eGO / Totally Wicked Tornado (same device). It's not really a mod, just a different, wider battery for the Joye510. Its size and shape is like a cross between a cigarette and a cigar and costs less than the above (except the Bartleby). With an adapter, you could use it with your 901 atty, although the neat-looking sleeve might not fit (wouldn't affect functioning).

If you are intrigued by any of this, start exploring the wonderful world of battery mods. Speaking of wonderful worlds, I touched on mods in Parts 5 and 6 of my WWV Illustrated Guide. It might be a good starting point for you. But it already is out of date; new mods are coming out almost every week.

P.S. The cheapest way to go is get a 380 mAh XL Kr8 battery (your 901 atty should work on it). I find that even the 280 mAh regular Kr8 battery does a pretty good job. It's not as effective as those mods or the eGO/Tornado, but it's better than a regular 901 batt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread