How About A Boycott From Buying At Starbucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noslacker

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
san diego
I don't know why all of us that love our vapes don't make a little noise and show our displeasure with companies like Starbucks banning Ecigs from not only inside, but 20 FEET around their store! There have been no real studies that have shown Second Hand Smoke danger and the only ones that did were faked, and if we let companies just walk all over us, then what are we left to do? Go to the smelly Smoking areas in Disneyland, The Airports, Baseball, Football, etc? I stopped smoking for my health and to not ever have to smell that odor on my clothes and now we are being FORCED to go backwards and HAVE second hand smoke ourselves by being put back into a category that is not true, that our vaping is tobacco based and that we are causing harm to people.
Please let me know if anyone would like to make our voice known and we can go from there, let's get in the news in a positive way, as a powerful group, and that is the only way we can be heard.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Not to be an ... but, do you really find it necessary to sit outside of Starbucks and vape? I buy their coffee sometimes, when it's convenient, though I've been doing it a lot less since it seems they've gone down in their training standards. I have never felt the desire to spend any more time than absolutely necessary to receive my coffee though. It's a business, they have the right to ask you not to vape in their store or the patio area that is also part of their store.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
It's a business, they have the right to ask you not to vape in their store or the patio area that is also part of their store.

Indeed they do (though very few of the SB patio areas actually belong to them but are shared by several establishments, so in those cases they do NOT have the right to ban anything). And I have the right not to patronize them. Not because I can't wait that long for a vape, but because I disagree with their policies.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I find it amusing that they allow firearms to be openly displayed in their stores (which I do agree with) but yet, they turn around and ban vaping. A bit of hypocrisy going on here me thinks. Especially when the anti-gun crowd goes nuts and Starbucks states they're following the letter of the law.

randomhousegir

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Riverton, Utah
Starbucks sucks anyways....Their CEO has made some pretty "mentally deficite" comments in the past too so I tend to support local (also being a business owner I already was swayed to try and buy more local anyways).

I think their coffee is average BUT it is consistent which is something people love.....in my hometown we have a place called Beans and Brews and they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa(etc)y better than starbucks.

Just my opinion........

The thing I like about vaping is even though the "indoor clean air act" still applies to it if I sneak a vape I am usually not caught and its not like I am trying to sneak a cigarette indoors as THAT would be a dead give away lol

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've seen other threads calling for a Starbucks boycott ...
as if Starbucks cares.

Actually, boycotts can matter. The big-box stores like Home Depot and Menard's have been going great guns ever since the recession started. All except one: Lowe's. Their sales are off, they've given investors pessimistic guidance, and their stock price is off considerably. Lowe's stocks basically the same stuff as the other big-box stores, and their prices are comparable.

What's the difference between Lowe's and the others?

A couple of years ago, Lowe's announced a no-nicotine policy for all their stores. The prohibition includes their parking lots. You can't even leave your smokes or e-cigs locked up in your car or truck. You have to leave them at home. Once I heard about this prohibition, I verified that it was, indeed, true, then I resolved to boycott Lowe's. We've had some work done on our building -- I've requested handymen to buy nothing from Lowe's. Lots of handymen and small contractors smoke -- they're boycotting Lowe's too.

Within handy driving distance, we have a Crafty Beaver, a couple of Home Depots, a Menard's and a Lowe's. The parking lots of the Crafty Beaver, Home Depots and Menard's are usually two-thirds full. But a tank squadron could use the Lowe's parking lot for target practice and hit nothing but asphalt.

P.S.: I also boycott Starbucks. Won't even let someone treat me to anything from Starbucks.

Last edited:

grad2003amd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Morgantown, WV
I have enough common courtesy to only vape where smoking is allowed. Just because no studies have been done to make sure vaping doesn't create a health risk doesn't mean vapers should have the right to vape outside the doors let alone inside. Nothing really makes vapers special. We just don't stink anymore. Just saying....

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
E-smokers boycotting Starbucks will have no effect on their policy
or their profits.

Brings to mind people in towns getting upset when informed
Walmart plans to open a store there. Many get ticked off
and protest Walmart will result in local stores going out of business.

After Walmart opens ...
Those calling for a boycott are seen shopping at Walmart.
:p

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Actually, boycotts can matter. The big-box stores like Home Depot and Menard's have been going great guns ever since the recession started. All except one: Lowe's. Their sales are off, they've given investors pessimistic guidance, and their stock price is off considerably. Lowe's stocks basically the same stuff as the other big-box stores, and their prices are comparable.

What's the difference between Lowe's and the others?

A couple of years ago, Lowe's announced a no-nicotine policy for all their stores. The prohibition includes their parking lots. You can't even leave your smokes or e-cigs locked up in your car or truck. You have to leave them at home. Once I heard about this prohibition, I verified that it was, indeed, true, then I resolved to boycott Lowe's. We've had some work done on our building -- I've requested handymen to buy nothing from Lowe's. Lots of handymen and small contractors smoke -- they're boycotting Lowe's too.

Within handy driving distance, we have a Crafty Beaver, a couple of Home Depots, a Menard's and a Lowe's. The parking lots of the Crafty Beaver, Home Depots and Menard's are usually two-thirds full. But a tank squadron could use the Lowe's parking lot for target practice and hit nothing but asphalt.

P.S.: I also boycott Starbucks. Won't even let someone treat me to anything from Starbucks.

While I'm sure there must be some minor impact on Lowes from the policy you describe .. the one time charges Lowes dealt with in regard to the closings of unproductive stores, remodelings, impairments, etc were the primary impact on their balance sheet .. they are still the second largest retailer of Home Improvement goods and do about 50 Billion a year .. as well, their stock price has gone up about 78% in the last year, from about $25 a share to about $45 a share ..

Disclosure .. I am a stock holder ..

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I doubt vapers boycotting Starbucks would have an impact on them at all. I can't boycott them anyway, because I don't like spending way too much money on coffee that tastes like skunk spray.

I'm not opposed to boycotts. I have and do boycott some businesses, but it's usually for the reason that I can't stand the idea of them taking any money from me, because I find something they (loudly) support to be abhorrent. I'm usually surprised when boycotts actually have an impact.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I don't like spending way too much money on coffee that tastes like skunk spray.
1-Coffee_zps1a3ecc51.gif
Very Funny !!
1-BigGrin.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread