How are you guys/gals rebuilding pro tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
Ah ok, have you tried screwing the coil part into the base then trying to snap the stem in? That or find a tube the stem will slide into to give you better leverage. Heck you could probably drill a hole into a dowel and use that.

The dowel idea sounds great! Still open to any other methods of recoiling.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Watched part of the video, i think he makes it overly complicated for safety reasons.

Do you have a 14 gauge needle or 1/16 (i think) drill bit?

buy some peaches and cream yarn from walmart.

If 30 gauge wire Wrap your wire around 6 times to begin with, should come out to about 1.5 ohms or so. Remove the coil from the needle and squeeze the coils together and hold for a couple seconds, then slide the needle back through.

Put the coil back into the protank head as usual. Make sure the bit/needle is firmly at the bottom of the coil head grooves. Remove the needle.

Cut a strand of yarn about 1" long. Wet one end and twist it tight. You can use a needle threader to thread the yarn through the coil or just wet and twist then thread through. Only pull the thread through about a quarter inch. Reattach the coil head to the base.

*Cut 1 strand off of the yarn thread right where it meets the coil head* this is important!

Loop/Put the remainder of the yarn back over the coil, make sure the ends just touch the walls of the base. Cut off any yarn that goes over the wall of the base.

Put a drop or two of your liquid onto the coil directly then reattach the stem.

I know this is kind of hard to visualize, right now its the best i can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread