Status
Not open for further replies.

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
It doesn't seem like the juice is going into the carto. If I manually top off the carto it will be good for about 3 vapes. I started with 2 holes but the draw so stiff I added two more. It seemed perfect until I started getting a yucky burnt carto taste. I haven't been chain vaping on the same device either. I'm not getting that good "gurgle."

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
One thing I do for the first fill of a new carto in a tank is, after top priming the carto some I leave the top completely off the tank. Then I fill the tank about half way with the bottle then push the top cap down onto the tank. The air pressure from pushing down on the top cap forces a good bit of the juice into the punched holes.

You can repeat if you slide the tank up passed the end of the carto, then remove the top cap. This keeps there from being a suction effect when pulling the top cap off so you don't actually suck juice back out of the carto. Then you just slide the tank all the way back down and push the top cap on again.

I find if I do this until I get a slight gurgle in the carto, then blow out any excess, the carto is completely primed and ready to rock.

Of course, none of the above will help when you start off with a bad carto. :laugh:

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
what kind of carto are you using and what kind of tank? I used to have this problem with boge cartos till I learned to condom fill them prior to putting them in a tank. Since then I've yet to get a dry or burnt hit. I quit using the resurrectors because they flooded too easily in a tank.. they would work for awhile but usually eventually flood plus the ones I got last would keep going up in resistance every day!

When the xl 3ohm boges came out I was thrilled! Finally something long enough to fit in the dc tanks (other than the resurrectors)! The first one I tried was a dud.. it metered 1.1 ohm on the provari.. I tossed it. But all the rest have been awesome. In the past 2 months I've not had ONE instance of flooding or burning. NONE! I also started using the polypropylene dc tanks instead of the grommet style tanks (chibi and sub tanks)

I first test the carto with a multimeter to make sure it's the resistance it is supposed to be, I punch one hole, using a hammer and long sharp screw, condom fill it (using two fills of the condom because these things are xl) then I check the ohms again on the provari.. then I put it in a tank and fill the tank.. I did have one that I needed to do a few dry pulls to get it wicking well (no burnt taste but I could tell it was dryer than it should be) but after that it settled down and worked fine. I can't believe how easy this is compared to how much trouble I had the first couple months I tried using tanks.

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
One thing I do for the first fill of a new carto in a tank is, after top priming the carto some I leave the top completely off the tank. Then I fill the tank about half way with the bottle then push the top cap down onto the tank. The air pressure from pushing down on the top cap forces a good bit of the juice into the punched holes.

You can repeat if you slide the tank up passed the end of the carto, then remove the top cap. This keeps there from being a suction effect when pulling the top cap off so you don't actually suck juice back out of the carto. Then you just slide the tank all the way back down and push the top cap on again.

I find if I do this until I get a slight gurgle in the carto, then blow out any excess, the carto is completely primed and ready to rock.

Of course, none of the above will help when you start off with a bad carto. :laugh:
Thanks TravTech :) What kind of tank are you using? I don't think my cap comes off :confused: easily at least.

what kind of carto are you using and what kind of tank? I used to have this problem with boge cartos till I learned to condom fill them prior to putting them in a tank. Since then I've yet to get a dry or burnt hit. I quit using the resurrectors because they flooded too easily in a tank.. they would work for awhile but usually eventually flood plus the ones I got last would keep going up in resistance every day!

When the xl 3ohm boges came out I was thrilled! Finally something long enough to fit in the dc tanks (other than the resurrectors)! The first one I tried was a dud.. it metered 1.1 ohm on the provari.. I tossed it. But all the rest have been awesome. In the past 2 months I've not had ONE instance of flooding or burning. NONE! I also started using the polypropylene dc tanks instead of the grommet style tanks (chibi and sub tanks)

I first test the carto with a multimeter to make sure it's the resistance it is supposed to be, I punch one hole, using a hammer and long sharp screw, condom fill it (using two fills of the condom because these things are xl) then I check the ohms again on the provari.. then I put it in a tank and fill the tank.. I did have one that I needed to do a few dry pulls to get it wicking well (no burnt taste but I could tell it was dryer than it should be) but after that it settled down and worked fine. I can't believe how easy this is compared to how much trouble I had the first couple months I tried using tanks.
I'm using the Smoktech XL 1.5ohm cartos. They are the only ones I have laying around to fit the tank. I just ordered some Boge XL 3.0ohm cartos today. I am SO excited!
Thanks for all your tips donnah!

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I'm using the Smoktech XL 1.5ohm cartos. They are the only ones I have laying around to fit the tank. I just ordered some Boge XL 3.0ohm cartos today. I am SO excited!
Thanks for all your tips donnah!

I absolutely love the xl 3ohm boges!!!!!!!!!!!! condom fill them before putting them in your tank and it will ensure that the coil is saturated. I heard about condom filling for the last couple years but never thought too much about it.. it sounded difficult and messy.. but it's not at all and you don't need any special tools other than the carto condom to do it. I'm not much into attys anymore.. so I use the xl boge cartos on my VV Reo as well.

Also.. what kind of tank are you using?

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
I absolutely love the xl 3ohm boges!!!!!!!!!!!! condom fill them before putting them in your tank and it will ensure that the coil is saturated. I heard about condom filling for the last couple years but never thought too much about it.. it sounded difficult and messy.. but it's not at all and you don't need any special tools other than the carto condom to do it. I'm not much into attys anymore.. so I use the xl boge cartos on my VV Reo as well.

Also.. what kind of tank are you using?
I'm glad you found something you love! That's great :) It can be hard to do with all the different options available. I usually do the Taryn spin but now that I have a syringe I might try that. I've tried the condom method once but I got juice all over the place. I'm not very good at it :blink:

I'm using a Smoktech DC tank. It's ok. No leaking or anything.

I finally got the juice to go into the carto....I punched another hole...then the juice started to leak out the bottom of the carto where the battery connection is. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread