How can I get thicker vapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
up your VG, even a 10% increase will be noticeable, I vape a 40/60 mix and it's about spot on for vape for me, and if your wanting more than just a bigger cloud, and you have all ready maxed what your EVOD/Spinner is capable of (great combo by the way) then it might be time to upgrade. Maybe try a Protank, a bit more airy draw than the EVOD, makes a bit more vape.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sounds like you want more vapor and flavour too. I was at that point a couple of months ago too. The best thing I found was carto tanks but that was also not really doing it for me, but YMMV. I then tried a mechanical mod with a RBA and that did it. This is not a good solution for people who are not into tinkering and being a bit technical with their vaping, but I have found it to be the best solution for me.

iceman68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
I'm using 50/50 mostly... If I turn up the voltage I get a burnt taste.

I've noticed the burnt taste at higher voltage and lack of vapor with my EVOD too. Also found myself taking longer draws. Don't know if this is characteristic of EVODs. Have you tried a different head?

Maybe try a different type clearo. I've found my T2 has much better vapor production with shorter draws. Now, the T2 is top coil whereas EVOD is bottom coil. So personal preference is a factor also.

I would think 50/50 liquid should result in adequate vapor.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
If you want HUGE vapor you need an RBA, but for something that comes to you ready to vape I get the best results from a carto. A carto can take higher voltages than a clearo without burning. It's also most consistent. No leaking, dry hits, tilting or gurgling. IMO a much better vape than a clearo all around.

Malefilipinonurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Norwalk, Ca
If you want a CLOUD of VAPOR, here's what you need:

- Nimbus DBA wrapped on dual coil 28g 2mm ekowool (torched)
- VG based E-Liquid
- A mechanical mod i.e. Nemesis/Chi You/Poldiac/King Mod or any mechanical mod that has awesome conduction.

You will see clouds upon clouds and flavor too. Good Day sir

Ryan1888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
Glasgow
If you want a CLOUD of VAPOR, here's what you need:

- Nimbus DBA wrapped on dual coil 28g 2mm ekowool (torched)
- VG based E-Liquid
- A mechanical mod i.e. Nemesis/Chi You/Poldiac/King Mod or any mechanical mod that has awesome conduction.

You will see clouds upon clouds and flavor too. Good Day sir

I totally agree with this however in my opinion it isnt exactly everyones idea of an ADV. Not to mention you have to be careful about the batteries etc.

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
Thanks for the tips guys!

Maybe I should try different heads in an EVOD, but should I get higher or lower ohms? I'm pretty sure mine are 2.4

I've never used a cartotank, but I have used cartomizers. They are ok. Does it make a big difference putting them in a tank or is it about the same? I've shied away from them because I just can't commit to a juice flavor long enough to have a whole big tank full of it.

RBAs sound interesting. But being new to them, what would you suggest for a beginner?

I'm using 50/50 mostly... If I turn up the voltage I get a burnt taste.
OK.. your using Evods and 510 ATTY... What resistance is the atty that your using?.... Sounds to me that you may not be getting enough voltage to a higher resistance coil. I don't know anything about spinners, never having one personally.... but, if it is a VV- you may need to increase voltage. If it is not a vv- it has a fixed voltage from the battery and you may want to try LR 510 Atties that will heat up quicker. If you do get LRs, you will have to watch using them til the battery cutoff because you will start poppin atties by doing that.

:evil: SB

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
See comments around 8:00 and 10:00 min in.

Particularly the 10:00 point. Maybe a little before. He removed a wick. It's a YMMV thing.

Also, an option is to THIN the juice so it wicks better. That can help instead of adding VG (but do it for a small amount so you don't ruin a bunch of ejuice). Sometimes 50 % VG is a bit thick. Again, it depends on your juice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread