How can I vape without the alarms going off all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John2453

Mar 23, 2018
My dad installed new alarms recently, and these are the kinds that detect vapor. So the alarms have gone off four or five times now, and it's really anoyying cause now I can't vape in my room. They've never said anything about me vaping in my room. They don't care for all I know. Until the alarms started going off. Please don't tell me to o just obey my parents and stop doing it. I was a smoker before, and vaping stoped me from smoking cigarettes. I'm 22 also. What should I do? Because I don't wanna have to go outside all the time. Would opening the window work?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
One of the dirt cheap shower caps like hotels leave in rooms with the small bottles of shampoo, etc....placed over the alarm works wonders. They sell them in packs of 8-10 at Dollar Tree for only $1/pack. You just need to make sure you remove it when you're done vaping and the room has somewhat cleared of the vapor. Cracking a window open a little would probably also help air it out before you remove the shower cap.

ETA: It would also obviously help if you don't blow huge clouds in the room to begin with.

Reactions: stols001

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
If you are subohm vaping, you could also try mouth to lung vaping which generates less vapor and uses higher nicotine than used with subohm vaping. When I want to make sure I don’t set off alarms when mouth to lung vaping, I hold the vapor in my lungs for a long time and often no vapor or just a tiny amount of vapor is exhaled. Good luck to you with staying off the cigs.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    310EejFqK6L._AC_SY450_.jpg

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    My dad installed new alarms recently, and these are the kinds that detect vapor. So the alarms have gone off four or five times now, and it's really anoyying cause now I can't vape in my room. They've never said anything about me vaping in my room. They don't care for all I know. Until the alarms started going off. Please don't tell me to o just obey my parents and stop doing it. I was a smoker before, and vaping stoped me from smoking cigarettes. I'm 22 also. What should I do? Because I don't wanna have to go outside all the time. Would opening the window work?
    You can open a window but if that doesn't dissipate the vapor enough I'm going to Second someone else's recommendation of a cheap shower cap you just need to remember 100% of the time to take it off before you go to bed or take a nap

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Would opening the window work? So they can pay bigger power bills?

Sorry, I was making an assumption. Maybe you're paying the power bill with your rent. You say they don't care...but have you asked yourself why they recently installed the kind that detect vapor?

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Would opening the window work? So they can pay bigger power bills?

Sorry, I was making an assumption. Maybe you're paying the power bill with your rent. You say they don't care...but have you asked yourself why they recently installed the kind that detect vapor?
    I was wondering the same thing. For most households a traditional smoke alarm is sufficient. The only place I know of that installs small particle detectors is aboard airplanes. I know 'cause I got busted vaping in the bathroom once.

• Agree
    Reactions: Brewdawg1181

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Man up, get a job and get your own place.

There are situations where adult children have to live at home with their parents. In fact, there are many and the media never reveals them, they just focus on "lazy millennials". :( So then the brainwashed massed equate living at home with lazy millennial. :rolleyes: Don't be a brainwashed drone. ;)

Let's not judge the OP and just stick to the question/topic at hand. It does no one any good.

But I, too, am curious about why they chose a vapor detector.

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    There are situations where adult children have to live at home with their parents. In fact, there are many and the media never reveals them, they just focus on "lazy millennials". :( So then the brainwashed massed equate living at home with lazy millennial. :rolleyes: Don't be a brainwashed drone. ;)

Let's not judge the OP and just stick to the question/topic at hand. It does no one any good.

But I, too, am curious about why they chose a vapor detector.
    Then they shouldn't be disabling safety equipment that the owner of the house installed. Either have respect for the owner of the house or man up and go it on your own.
    It's very irresponsible for people to be telling children how to disable safety equipment that their parents installed for their safety.
    If the children don't like it another option is to suck it up and go outside. It's obvious the OP doesn't respect his parents very much.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Satan on my shoulder says to just take the battery out permanently. IF a fire begins, well, you might not get out, but I'd imagine your parents would, because they would not be inconvenienced by their vaping habit. I am not technically recommending this by the way, but Satan sure is.

The angel on my shoulder says "Man up! Sit down, talk to your parents openly about the situation and find out WHY they put those alarms in. If they are non confrontational and you are obnoxious (I am not saying you are, necessarily) well maybe they did it to passively-aggressively get you to STOP. Who knows. But if so THEY need to man up and say so.

You are (I presume) an adult. I understand it can be challenging living with your parents as an adult, but the sheer lack of COMMUNICATION here is striking. THEY should man up and tell you to knock it off if that is their desire. I mean....

IDK. Something is fishy about the situation. I am not gonna go citing generations or anything else, but JEEZ. Talk to the people who combined SPERM and EGG to make the magical YOU. They also raised you, however poorly (presumably.)

Part of being a human being involves owning this thing called a MOUTH and learning how to use it to form meaningful words and sentences to have a conversation.

If you feel it would get confrontational or something, write them a letter. DO ANYTHING needed to find out why they are there.

If it is vaping, STOP. If you own a car you could sleep in the driveway and not be inconvenienced by "going outside."

Deese days.

Anna

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Not a good idea to cover up a smoke alarm IN SOMEONE ELSE'S HOUSE!

This is true, but your initial post in this thread made it obvious you were not concerned about anything but your opinion of the OPs life and the fact that he lives with parents. This is evident by you saying

Man up, get a job and get your own place.

Now you want me to think your main concern is household safety? Not buyin' it.
    ==============================

Well, OP, I guess you are doomed to go outside or vape in the bathroom with the exhaust fan on.

You made a mistake. You told too much. You should have just said your smoke alarm goes off too much and asked how to stop that from happening because you don't want to disable it and possibly forget to enable it again. ;) No more info needed.

Of course, you already know the answer...there is no good answer.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Now that I think of it, there is another solution. Nothing. Just keep vaping as you please, let the alarm go off and ignore it. :) If others in the house get annoyed by it, they will do something about it. That might mean they relocate the alarm or they kick you out of the house. Not sure. But you'll have to worry about that when the time comes. :D

• Disagree
    Reactions: Georgia Boy

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    This is true, but your initial post in this thread made it obvious you were not concerned about anything but your opinion of the OPs life and the fact that he lives with parents. This is evident by you saying

Now you want me to think your main concern is household safety? Not buyin' it.
    ==============================

Well, OP, I guess you are doomed to go outside or vape in the bathroom with the exhaust fan on.

You made a mistake. You told too much. You should have just said your smoke alarm goes off too much and asked how to stop that from happening because you don't want to disable it and possibly forget to enable it again. ;) No more info needed.

Of course, you already know the answer...there is no good answer.
    You obviously have no clue. If the OP wants to be an adult then be an adult. My initial response fits. The fact that he is willing to put the safety of his family in jeopardy shows he's a child. Your response shows volumes to your responsibility or concern for other's safety by instructing a child how to bypass or disable a safety device. It definitely brings your maturity into question. Do you still live at home with mommy and daddy too?

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Now that I think of it, there is another solution. Nothing. Just keep vaping as you please, let the alarm go off and ignore it. :) If others in the house get annoyed by it, they will do something about it. That might mean they relocate the alarm or they kick you out of the house. Not sure. But you'll have to worry about that when the time comes. :D
    Real mature and responsible right there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread