How can you mix Honey into juice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
Recently while stocking up I found two natural flavor juices I like. One had some flavorings like butterscotch that while tasting good, become rough on the throat after awhile - The other, by another company, was very similar in taste But included honey in the ingredients list - Made it a very smooth vape and much easier on the throat.
I have some other natural like flavors and some premixed PG/VG/Nic,
Any way to mix honey into them???

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
Interesting that someone sells this. I’d like to know who? Honey is so viscous. The sugars will gunk up your coil, bubble and burn. The only way I could imagine you might get it to dissolve is by heating it. But why would you want to? Smoothness when vaping juice comes from a few things. Wattage and vegetable glycerin content, air flow etc. I personally never vape with any controversial additives like caffeine and vitamins. People add weird things to juice. I mean just drink coffee. Hope this helps. I’m sure someone smarter than me will come along with more info.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
FA (Flavour Art) Honey is excellent. From HIC's FA notes: "It is a sweet, realistic, excellent amber honey flavor - deeper than clover honey, lighter than buckwheat honey. It is not floral or fruity, and it smells just like a bottle of honey when you sniff the bottle."

It is a super strong flavor. As little as 0.25% can overwhelm a mix.

The easiest way to use it is to stick a toothpick in the flavor bottle for a few seconds. Pull up the toothpick and let any drops roll off. Insert the toothpick in your juice, or mix, and stir for a few seconds. Remove the t-pick and shake your bottle well.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Recently while stocking up I found two natural flavor juices I like. One had some flavorings like butterscotch that while tasting good, become rough on the throat after awhile - The other, by another company, was very similar in taste But included honey in the ingredients list - Made it a very smooth vape and much easier on the throat.
I have some other natural like flavors and some premixed PG/VG/Nic,
Any way to mix honey into them???
Who makes these flavors you're using???

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    How do you know it is the honey that makes it a smooth vape over the other juice that doesn't have honey? Could be some other ingredient or a mixture of ingredients that create a smooth vape.

Would be nice to have a link to exactly which juice it is you say claims to have real honey in it.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    I highly doubt that they used actual honey in the ejuice
    I'd hate to think what that would do to a coil, let alone the ejuice as honey is rather thick when chilled/room temp and crystalizes over time
    and if you did manage to get honey in it, I don't think it'd taste too good burning on the coil

more than likely they used a honey flavor or there's a flavor called milk and honey

if the juice is harsh, add some vg to the mix
    typically the higher the vg% the less throat hit, the higher the pg% the more throat hit.
    if using freebase nic it could be a higher level of nic that is harsh as well as the pg level.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    One had some flavorings like butterscotch that while tasting good, become rough on the throat after awhile
    How long did you let this steep for???

I've used many of the DIY butterscotch flavors. They do require time to steep.

In fact, most mixes using flavoring do best with steeping.

• Useful
    Reactions: Opinionated

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2020
    Nevada, USA
    FA (Flavour Art) Honey is excellent. From HIC's FA notes: "It is a sweet, realistic, excellent amber honey flavor - deeper than clover honey, lighter than buckwheat honey. It is not floral or fruity, and it smells just like a bottle of honey when you sniff the bottle."

The easiest way to use it is to stick a toothpick in the flavor bottle for a few seconds. Pull up the toothpick and let any drops roll off. Insert the toothpick in your juice, or mix, and stir for a few seconds. Remove the t-pick and shake your bottle well.
    1. Thanks!
    2. Where do I order the honey flavor you mention?

3. The first mixture with the butterscotch and peanut flavor is called Trailblazer from Freeman who for about the third time is going out of business. I think he is serious and code BETTERYEAR will get you half price.
    Like I say natural like but a little strong on the flavors {"We added peanut butter and butterscotch flavor to compliment the earthy tobacco flavor tones"} {sold out}

4. The other called "TNT" {Gold} by Innevape - I also bought regular "TNT" [just says mild blonde tobacco} also not bad but without the honey, etc. is a little flat on taste {One reason I wantd to know how to add honey to it as I bought two big bottles of it before I found the gold version}. Company description:
    "A smoother version of our signature TNT eliquid. Mellow, blonde tobacco with subtle maple and honey nuances"

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    1. Thanks!
    2. Where do I order the honey flavor you mention?

3. The first mixture with the butterscotch and peanut flavor is called Trailblazer from Freeman who for about the third time is going out of business. I think he is serious and code BETTERYEAR will get you half price.
    Like I say natural like but a little strong on the flavors {"We added peanut butter and butterscotch flavor to compliment the earthy tobacco flavor tones"} {sold out}

4. The other called "TNT" {Gold} by Innevape - I also bought regular "TNT" [just says mild blonde tobacco} also not bad but without the honey, etc. is a little flat on taste {One reason I wantd to know how to add honey to it as I bought two big bottles of it before I found the gold version}. Company description:
    "A smoother version of our signature TNT eliquid. Mellow, blonde tobacco with subtle maple and honey nuances"
    Ok, so those are retail juices and not flavor concentrates. Got it. I thought you were trying to mix your own juice. My bad.

FA Honey is a single flavor concentrate. You can buy it from Bull City Flavors.
    Here: Honey-FA

It will work with the juice you have. Just remember to start out very lightly with it. If you use too much it will totally over power the other flavors in your juice. Start low and add more as you desire.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017

Interesting....I'm gonna look into this. I'm kinda drawing a blank here on which recipe would use honey. My floral black tea would probably be my first choice. It might add some bump to the honeysuckle, more rounded and natural taste. Hmmmm....interesting.

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
    Sep 29, 2019
    North-Central PA (flyover country)
    Interesting....I'm gonna look into this. I'm kinda drawing a blank here on which recipe would use honey.

I make a Maple, Nut,& Honey juice that is pretty good. Been working on a honey butter juice, but it's still not where I want it to be.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2020
    Nevada, USA
    FA Honey is a single flavor concentrate. You can buy it from Bull City Flavors.
    Here: Honey-FA
    Apparently they have a large variety of flavors - Do most of them taste natural? Honey like real honey, cherry like real cherry, not like cheap cough drops, etc.?

If and when the postal ban goes into effect, will it effect the shipment of flavors?

And finally how long will these flavors stay fresh, before mixing and after mixing? - Is it best to keep them refrigerated?

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    Apparently they have a large variety of flavors - Do most of them taste natural? Honey like real honey, cherry like real cherry, not like cheap cough drops, etc.?

If and when the postal ban goes into effect, will it effect the shipment of flavors?

And finally how long will these flavors stay fresh, before mixing and after mixing? - Is it best to keep them refrigerated?

flavorings won't be effected by the ban because they aren't specific to vaping, they are food flavorings, the same kind used in food, drinks, and candy making. Just make sure that you do order them from a reputable vape site, because those have been made for vaping...meaning that they are in pg or vg, whereas other food flavors can be in oil or alcohol, which is not good for vaping.

each brand of course has it's good and bad...cherry is unfortunately one of those hard ones to find
    I do like tfa black cherry, tfa maraschino cherry, and cap tart cherry. The first two I only use in small amounts in mixes so can't say for sure how well they would do as a single flavor. And the last I just mixed into a mix at 1% and it seems good, again though not sure how well it'd do as a single flavor but I think it'd be good but it is tart!

Honey I have FA and TFA, both are good but fa is probably better, but think in drops...a little goes a very long way.

flavorings should last a very long while...you don't need to refrigerate them, but it is best to keep them at least stored somewhere out of the sunlight.
    As for the juice itself, again should last a long while...I have juice that I bought from like 7 years ago...the only thing really in juice would be the nic...you can refrigerate them if you like but I don't think it's really needed just keep them in a dark location (out of the sunlight).

If you want to get into diy, feel free to check out the Random DIY mixing and More there's a lot of folks in there that can help answer questions and help with what they think are the better flavors (ie which brand of pineapple is better, so far vt sugarloaf pineapple seems to be most everyone's favorite)

[edited to add] flavorings, pg, and vg won't be effected by the mail ban as they aren't specific to vaping, they are used in a lot of other things. Nic is the only thing that really in diy that is effected by the mail ban...which is why a lot of folks stocked up because now it's harder to find places still shipping nic....hopefully there's a vape shop near you where you can buy some and hopefully it's good quality...that's the part that really sucks is because even if there's a vape shop nearby who knows what the quality of nic they have is :grr: and how much of an arm and a leg will it cost. [/rant]

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I have pretty many Flavour Art flavors. With flavors everyone is very different. What tastes natural to me may taste fake to you. Having said that, I do find most FA flavors to be very realistic.

I don't like cherry vapes but used to make some cherry juices for my wife. Both FA Black Cherry and FA Cherry are realistic as long as they are used at fairly low %'s. Both will taste like cough drops, or cough syrup, if used at too high of %'s. Depending on the DIY juice you are making as little as a few drops can influence mix.

FA Honey is very realistic. If you get some I would use the toothpick method in my earlier post. If you were to use 0.25% it will very likely overwhelm your juice.

I attached HIC's Flavour Art notes for you to check out. It's in PDF format. See his entries for Honey and both Cherries.

Attachments

• HIC's Notes on FA 171102.pdf
      298.2 KB · Views: 9
    Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Nope. The flavor industry was around long before vaping.

I have flavors that are well over 6 years old. They're still perfectly fine.

The only flavors I keep refrigerated are MF (Medicine Flower) flavors. My other flavors are kept in a cool dark room in my basement.

Avoid keeping your flavors where there is direct sunlight.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread