How can you tell whether your carto needs to just be topped off if it needs to be refilled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
I top my cartos up at around 1-2hrs depending on their size so as not to take a chance on singeing them, to keep the taste at the max and help extend their life...if you get a cottony taste or just an off/dry taste, it is time to top up, if you get a burnt taste, they need a complete refill and you are probably too late anyway...top up often is my advice...experience will help determine this and is just part of the learning curve........
madjack:2cool:

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
What he said. ^^^^^ You can taste a difference when you need to top off. I will add, you can pop the drip tip off and look at the stuffing. It will be dry on top, even white again if brand new. Then you add more. Mostly you just taste next to nothing, like a cotton ball, lol. I try not to let them get down to total refill. I just keep putting in drops every hour or so, I look at it each time. I watch to see when the top looks slushy and wet and then I let it sit a few minutes and vape flavor all over again.

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
I'm just in constant top-off mode. You should avoid trying to vape it all the way to empty. Once you hit empty, the next level is singed, and when you singe a carto, it's ruined. Essentially when you freshly fill or top-off a carto it'll have a nice punch of flavour, and that flavour will start to dip the longer you vape. It's just personal preference how much flavour loss you're willing to deal with, vs how much you want to to stop and take the time to top it off.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Thank you all so very much for your wonderful advice and tips!!!! I feel like I know what to look out for now and that learning to recognize the signs of when to top off is part of the learning curve - thanks madjack! I found it really interesting that a few of you said that basically you top off and don't do a total refill! I have to try that!!! Thank you again for sharing your experience with me! :)

AZCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Mesa, AZ
www.KidneyPuncher.com
Hi! The title says it all! I don't know what signs to look for in being able to tell whether my cartomizer just needs to be topped off or if it needs a total refill. Up to this point I have just been guessing but I'd like to put some reason behind my actions! Your help is appreciated!!

Just a thought, you can avoid all of this by getting a tank. Make your own out of a 20ml syringe or buy one of the many options available (I like ElectronicStix.com's J-Tank).

AZCraig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread