• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How did the first meet go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Yes, things went very well, indeed. The give-aways were great and the conversation was even better.

Getting to meet a bunch of fellow vapers and sit down with them for a couple of drinks, some liquid tastings, getting to try out new gear and seeing all of the things that people are doing with their e-cigs and accessories was awesome. I, for one, look forward to the next meet-up.

Also, lest we all forget, I would like to extend a HUGE "Thank you!" to all of the people who were involved in getting this thing rolling. The organizers who set it up and suppliers that came by with freebies and give-aways made the inaugural VIP Club meeting go off perfectly. I think you should all take a nice e-bow. We all certainly owe you a round of e-pplause.

*clappityclappity*

laynies

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Phoenix, Az
I can't add much more after Terraphon's post. I agree with everything he said.

A huge THANK YOU! to the suppliers who showed up, the bar for hosting us and a very special thank you to Vicky for putting it all together for us.

Looking forward to the next one, maybe then I'll bring more liquid flavors and less parts.. or maybe just more liquid :)

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Gotta tell you no show-ers... YOU missed out.

We had a great time! Hazelwoods had listed our VIP meeting on the outdoor light up billboard in front of their place. They set us up in their "Celebrity Room" which worked out perfectly (if you were a sports fan, you didn't miss a second, they have a bazillion flat screens on every wall, at every booth and even in our VIP room). The food was great and their service was excellent. A big thanks to Hazelwoods 1st Place for making sure we were taken care of!!

We had 18 show up! Here are the people who were there: DesrtRat (Dan), Chadwick (Chad), Terraphon (Rob), Laynies (Heather), EmsMom (Kelly), DisMan (Jason), Sharky (Mark), GSwan (Gary), ICP-Fan (Rob), PSPin69 (Pete), Up2Eleven (Bill), WchyWmn_IAM (Jamee), Gitchie Girl (CaSaundra), Richard Beights (works with Dan??), BlakLungz (Damon), What Up G (Garrett), RadioKaos (Jerry), Hellen A. Handbasket (Vicky).

I did get some pictures, so I'll get them out of the camera and get them uploaded as soon as I can... stay tuned!

The Arizona suppliers came through at the top of the generous scale, and donated TONS of stuff for door prize drawings. I think everyone went home with something (I won a 510 pass through, YAY!).

Thanks to Chadwick (Chad Green of e-CigSupply.com) for donating a 401 kit and two 501 pass throughs. RadioKaos (Jerry Green of Aroma E-Juice) for his donation of an 801 kit and 5 bottles of juice, SannerSays (Matt Sanner of Wet Your Stick e-liquids) for donating a box of 5 bottles of e-juice even though he couldn't come this time, John Andrews of Hazelwoods' Inc./PHX Smoker for helping me get us set up at Hazelwoods 1st Place, donating a 4th Generation mini-cig kit and giving VIP members screaming deals on 801 and 901 kits ($29!!). A VIPer went home with Hellen's Hand Basket (full of DIY stuff) and I also donated 6 wood desk e-cig holders. (If I forgot something, someone please post it!! :oops:)

It was an awesome sight to see... everyone happy vaping in a public place (and not having to go outside in the heat!!) and not a negative peep from any of the bar patrons in the place about it. Everyone hung out and talked vaping and got to know each other until about 4:30 or so and the crowd thinned a bit, but many of us stayed. :rolleyes:

I gotta tell you, Dan (DesrtRat), Chad (Chadwick) and Rob (Terraphon) together are a scream!! I sat with them and Heather (Laynies) after everyone else cleared out, had a beer and laughed my ... off for about 3 hours. Of course, Chad, Rob and Heather did a shot of some Apple Pucker thing (Dan and I just said nooooo) so that upped the entertainment value at the table considerably. Those 3 guys in a room together are the livin end! We left about 8:30, when I looked at my watch and went "OMG! Look at the time!" ha). I couldn't believe how quick time flew by and I can't remember the last time I laughed that much... Good Times!

I hope everyone had fun, and that you all will want to do this again soon. We'll be talking about planning the next one (Jerry (RadioKaos) came up with a great idea for the next one ( A make your own Battery Mod class!!) and some fun things are in the works for the VIP group future meetings! If you didn't make it this time, I hope we'll see you at the next one.
V.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The first VIP meeting was awesome! Thanks so much Hellen (aka Vicky) for setting it up! It was a GREAT time! If you missed it this time around, I highly recommend going to the next one. I learned several things at the meeting:

1. We've got some excellent local suppliers for both liquid AND hardware that are very customer service oriented. Thanks John, Chad, Jerry, and Matt!

2. EVERYONE in the group is good people. As I was unable to identify the "posterior exit" in the group..it must have been me.

3. Hellen and Laynies are both sweethearts...uh.. I mean..they're both really nice! not that they're dating each other or anything....not that there would be anything wrong with that....

4. Disman (aka Jason) is actually a really nice, low key guy...but don't let that get out..he doesn't want to ruin his "hard" rep.

5. You know how when you go out drinking in a group there's always ONE guy that says "HEY! Lets do Shots!!" followed up quickly by ".. of Tequilla!"...well...Chad is that guy...

6. I'm gonna ask Rob to be at my house when my daughters first date comes to pick her up in a few years..nuff said..

7. There's a lot of big scary looking dudes in our group. Luckily, they're lovers, not fighters....but they're also fighters so don't get any ideas.

8. Uh..not to be whiny or anything..but I think *I* was supposed to win the 401 kit..just sayin.. ;)

Anyway...it was a fun day! It was the most fun I'd had with my clothes on in quite a while. Thanks everyone! I'm looking foward to the next meeting.

laynies

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Phoenix, Az
The first VIP meeting was awesome! Thanks so much Hellen (aka Vicky) for setting it up! It was a GREAT time! If you missed it this time around, I highly recommend going to the next one. I learned several things at the meeting:

1. We've got some excellent local suppliers for both liquid AND hardware that are very customer service oriented. Thanks John, Chad, Jerry, and Matt!

2. EVERYONE in the group is good people. As I was unable to identify the "posterior exit" in the group..it must have been me.

3. Hellen and Laynies are both sweethearts...uh.. I mean..they're both really nice! not that they're dating each other or anything....not that there would be anything wrong with that....

4. Disman (aka Jason) is actually a really nice, low key guy...but don't let that get out..he doesn't want to ruin his "hard" rep.

5. You know how when you go out drinking in a group there's always ONE guy that says "HEY! Lets do Shots!!" followed up quickly by ".. of Tequilla!"...well...Chad is that guy...

6. I'm gonna ask Rob to be at my house when my daughters first date comes to pick her up in a few years..nuff said..

7. There's a lot of big scary looking dudes in our group. Luckily, they're lovers, not fighters....but they're also fighters so don't get any ideas.

8. Uh..not to be whiny or anything..but I think *I* was supposed to win the 401 kit..just sayin.. ;)

Anyway...it was a fun day! It was the most fun I'd had with my clothes on in quite a while. Thanks everyone! I'm looking foward to the next meeting.

Don't think you are gonna get away with all that, do ya?

1. No argument on that one. Some of the nicest suppliers in the business are located right here in Phoenix. We are very lucky.

2. Don't let dsrtrat fool ya... He's a really sweet guy. Does great comebacks and generally just fun to chat with.

3. thanks!!! I agree that Vicky is a sweetheart too :)

4. Can't comment as I didn't get a chance to chat with him much but I'll take your word for it (seemed nice to me).

5. I would of done the tequila. A certain someone has developed sensitivities to it however and it couldn't be brought to the table. The apple shots were yummy, Thanks Chad!

6. He should start a service. We actually had a few guys in the group that could scare the piss out of young teenage boys without a whole lot of work.

7. See 6.

8. Ok, now this one.. this one is why I started doing a point by point response. Just to get to 8. I won the 401. But ya know, we might be able to work something out ;) Send me a PM.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
LOL at Dan (we love ya you little posterior exit). We're giving you a spotlight at the next meeting... I bet you could do a 15 minute stand up routine no problemo.

The entertainment for the next meeting is booked!

I heart you guys too.:wub:

BTW, trying to get home last night sucked big time... who the hell shut off the freeway access going West? :mad: Glad I didn't do shots! I had enough trouble trying to navigate around that crap with my normal bad sense of direction. ha

Note to self: Bring hubby so I can do shots next time and have a designated driver.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
It's not MY fault I have a sensitivity to tequila.

I had a Cuervo incident when I was like 17. 1 gallon of tequila + 3 cans of frozen OJ + 3 people = never drink tequila again.

I'm ok being around it, as long as nobody waves it under my nose...that's the precedent to horking.

Also, I'd like to apologize to Gary for stealing his seat (Your grace and tact were legendary). I was so freakin' hot after standing outside talking to Jerry and Chad when I first got there that I just went ahead and stroked out in the first empty ...-holster I saw.

Again, I'd like to thank the organizers and suppliers that made this meet-up a possibility AND a smashing success. I had a lot of fun and it seemed like everyone else did, as well (even if some of us WERE a bit loud and obnoxious ;) ).

So...when's the next meet?

EDIT : @ Hellen - Yeah...You WILL do shots next time. Or else... (That goes for laynies, too)

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona

I bet a few of us would pay for a bottle just to see that! LOL

empty ...-holster I saw.

(even if some of us WERE a bit loud and obnoxious ;) ).

Loud + Obnoxious = FUN (add Apple pucker... WOW!)

So...when's the next meet?

We all need to discuss that. OH NO not another freaking POLL... lol.

EDIT : @ Hellen - Yeah...You WILL do shots next time. Or else... (That goes for laynies, too)
Okey Dokey!

Last edited:

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Well, I think the Sunday thing worked out pretty well. I know that there are a lot of people that work weekends so occasional weekday sessions may be in order but this meet went over pretty big, I reckon.

A couple of things;

1) I'm even uglier when I'm puking. You sure you want to see that?

2) I noticed we were getting a lot of looks from other tables when we got loud. WOW, DID THAT JUST HAPPEN RIGHT NOW?! Lots of them looked curious as to what was going on with the puffing and the fogging. Maybe next time we'll get some questions from the civilians.

3) A poll is in order. Make it happen cap'n!

laynies

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Phoenix, Az
Well, I think the Sunday thing worked out pretty well. I know that there are a lot of people that work weekends so occasional weekday sessions may be in order but this meet went over pretty big, I reckon.

A couple of things;

1) I'm even uglier when I'm puking. You sure you want to see that?

2) I noticed we were getting a lot of looks from other tables when we got loud. WOW, DID THAT JUST HAPPEN RIGHT NOW?! Lots of them looked curious as to what was going on with the puffing and the fogging. Maybe next time we'll get some questions from the civilians.

3) A poll is in order. Make it happen cap'n!

If the tequila comes out, I'll be moving as far away from you as I can while still being sociable. Watching it is no problem, being in range however.. no thanks!

I saw a couple looking at us with that "oh no, they're smoking" look in their eyes when they first sat down. I think they were waiting for the odor to waft over to them and when it didn't happened they shrugged it off.

While Vicky is working on the new poll, and I have an idea for that to follow this, YOU need to be working on getting our supplier/members into the social group! Have you had a chance to look into it yet?

As for my idea, what if we had a monthly Sunday get together at Hazelwoods (as long as they'll put up with us) and a monthly weeknight get together at a different location. So every other week we'd be at Hazelwoods on a Sunday or *insert location here* on a Wednesday night? Or is that too complicated?

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
As for my idea, what if we had a monthly Sunday get together at Hazelwoods (as long as they'll put up with us) and a monthly weeknight get together at a different location. So every other week we'd be at Hazelwoods on a Sunday or *insert location here* on a Wednesday night? Or is that too complicated?

I called John yesterday and thanked him on behalf of all the VIP members.

When I initially contacted him, I asked about a monthly meeting (I knew you all would want to do this again, ha) and he was on board immediately. Yesterday, he said to just let him know what the next date was. BTW, he said 'sorry' about the air conditioning... they are working on it!

Only thing about Hazelwoods is that sometimes they have special nights, big sporting events, and get crowded. So, he said as long as we were flexible (we are) he could accommodate us monthly just fine. So we can move Sundays around, or try to set it up for the 1st Sunday of every month (makes it easier to remember?) and it just gets moved a week when Hazelwoods needs to.

Our last Poll seemed to indicate that Sunday worked out okay for everyone who was driving in from a long distance. Did the time (1:00) work out okay for everyone too? Probably another poll question, huh?

If anyone had any issues or concerns (time, day, place)... will you please post it and then I can take that into consideration when I'm doing the new poll later.

@Terra - Didn't you say Octane (North/West location) was cool with vaping? Any chance you could swing in there (and anywhere else you vape at) and see if they'd put up with us on a Wednesday night? Probably a smaller crowd during the week... but that's okay.

Anyone else know of a nice little place we could take over during the week? I'd prefer it wasn't out in BF East side. More North West hmmm?

We can always change a Wednesday location as we find a place to go vape... I do however, really like the idea of Hazelwoods as our main Sunday go to meeting place :thumb:

Great idea - Once a month at one place on a Wed. and once a month at Hazelwoods on Sunday?

Yah... another poll... I'll think on it and get one posted this week.

We definitely need to get Jerry, Matt and Chad on here!! Thanks Rob for working on that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread