How Did You Start Vaping And Whats Your Favorite Flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyf

Jan 18, 2013
los angeles
What was the first ecig you started with and favorite flavor? Mine was back, maybe in 06, some china brand close to Blu, spent $100 on it and trashed it the next day. Then I was introduced to an ego brand and have been vaping for about 2 months now, went from a 1-1.5 packs a day to only 1-5 cigarettes a day. I started with Kiwi, but now I don't vape anything else besides Cappuccino.

I have only started for 2 months and don't want to get back in the nasty cigarette habit, so I would also like to ask you to invest 3 minutes of your time and sign this petition. The ecig community is trying to collect signatures so that we can be heard and not get vaping taken away:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...igarettes-accessories-and-associated/RQLBYRsd

Ken62

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
Weatherford, Texas
On a whim nearly a month ago I picked up a no-name disposable from the tobacco shop, thinking that it might curb my 1 1/2 PAD habit. Within a week I had tried a couple of gig-alike kits before finding an eGo 650 knock off and ECF.

During the past 35+ years I tried to quit analogs many many times with no more than a couple of days success. Vaping has given me the best shot at staying away from tobacco forever.

:banana: :rickroll: :thumb:

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
The first e-cig i used was a GreenSmoke back when they first came out. I used it for a few days and eventually gave up on it. Last year I was having some breathing issues so I started researching again. I got the Volcano Inferno and a few flavors. So far I still haven't found my perfect flavor but I have one I can use. I use a cherry mixed with some menthol. Both are premixed and I mix the 2 myself to get a decent cherry with a slight menthol kick.

jimmyf

Jan 18, 2013
los angeles
The first e-cig i used was a GreenSmoke back when they first came out. I used it for a few days and eventually gave up on it. Last year I was having some breathing issues so I started researching again. I got the Volcano Inferno and a few flavors. So far I still haven't found my perfect flavor but I have one I can use. I use a cherry mixed with some menthol. Both are premixed and I mix the 2 myself to get a decent cherry with a slight menthol kick.

The menthol mixes are great! I also buy the menthol and other flavors premixed, just a splash of menthol is awesome. I still stay with my cappuccino, even with that, I add a little menthol so it doesnt get so boring.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I got a Green Smoke kit on a whim. I thought e-cigs were a gimmick and had no intention to quit smoking. I can't clearly recall my exact motivation, but it likely had something to do with being bored and wanting to play with "smoke." I got Green Smoke because some review site gave it high marks.

The kit arrived, but I didn't open it for a couple of days. Then one night I was out of cigarettes and it was raining and I thought maybe this e-cig thingy would hold me over until the next day. I took a drag, stared at it, lit the one cigarette I had left and played "puff one then the other". That was the last cigarette I ever smoked. I wasn't blown away by the taste, but fascinated by the vapor (which I now know wasn't great). Green Smoke really screwed up though. I ordered menthol, but they sent me a tobacco flavor by mistake. If I had received menthol, I probably would still be using them. The tobacco flavor they sent wasn't that bad and I seemed to detect a sort of coconut flavor at the finish. That got me thinking - I wonder if there is a coconut flavor? Google...Google Ha ha ha ha ha! Bye-bye Green Smoke, hello eGo!

My favorite flavor is Cold Fusion from ECBlend.

Last edited:

Lorddeff07

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
St Kitts & Nevis
I ended last year planning on making a resolution this year to quit smoking. Nothing was wrong with me I just didn't like how much I was spending on cigs and the amount of effort i was putting into sustaining my habit. But problem was i really really loved smoking... or at least the act of it.

I was depressingly dragging out my last few analogs of the year while watching tv then I saw an ad for blu.... eureka!!! God had just answered my prayers... I had completely forgotten about e-cigs. A few mins on google led me to apollo... a couple of sites and tons of youtube videos later I ended up here... couple of comments later and I was ordering my eGo :). Now... the mere memory of me smoking analogs disgusts me... and this strange flush of irrations comes over me whenever I smell it on someone else.

As for flavors all I have tried so far is RY4... and i'm loving it.

Ben C.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New England
The menthol mixes are great! I also buy the menthol and other flavors premixed, just a splash of menthol is awesome. I still stay with my cappuccino, even with that, I add a little menthol so it doesnt get so boring.
Interesting you mention the mixing cap with menthol - Halo Twisted Java is my 'all day vape' just for that reason! Not sure if you've given it a shot, but it may be up your alley.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Back in 2008 or 09 I got a kit from cignot.com, they still sell them. Just a little battery and atty with stuffing, still have it and use it sometimes. It didn't help me to quit, but I did use it and cut down a bit for awhile. The flavors were all tobacco-y and pretty yucky except for Hazelbutt which is good.
On 12/12/12 I went to iVape and got an eGo T and haven't had a cigarette since. I got Serendipity from them, and Butter Shot, both very good. I was pretty shocked at all the great liquids now! Holy cow! Who needs a nasty combustible?!?
I don't really have a favorite flavor yet and don't know that I ever will. I don't want to eat pizza every day, why should I vape the same thing every day? (which means I have bunches of liquid lol)

Santa

Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
Mid-Coast Maine
My first ecig was the Blu disposible, I liked it so much I spent $60 on the Blu with the charger pack, boy was I dissapointed, it has sat on the shelf for three months collecting dust. I now use the Smokeless Image Volt and the ego style batteries. I prefer the ego but like the portability of the Volt. I was a cigar smoker so I really enjoy tobacco flavors and have mixed up some of my own liquid with good results, I really like Black Honey Tobacco from The Flavor Apprentice. I think I want an epipe next, maybe I'll make one.

Jellyfish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Philly Burbs
A while ago I was watching TV in the middle of the night and a Blu e-cig commercial came on. I had tried quitting cigs before so I thought that I might as well give something like this a try. So the following morning I went to my favorite site for buying just about anything...Amazon. I did a search for 'electronic cigarette'. Now, no e-cigs actually turned up but there were a couple of cessation products that were displayed. I read some reviews, and for one of the products there were a couple comments from people that had used XYY company to purchase an e-cig and how helpful they were and how happy they were with their products.

So I shot off a couple of emails and they were indeed helpful, so I placed an order and got a couple of eGo batteries and some stuff to go along with it. To be honest, the eGo was the most advanced PV that they had and the rest of their hardware seemed dated, in retrospect. But they were honest and helpful and carried reasonably priced items. However, after that I found ECF and became a knowledgeable vaper and moved on to some better stuff.

Almost forgot...I now DIY my own ejuice and the flavors that I most often vape now are butterscotch, caramel cream and butter rum. The funny thing is that I was adamant that I wanted to start with a cigarette flavor but moved on from that once I found out how great some of the other flavors are.

Last edited:

MattB1990

Jan 15, 2013
Utah
It's a funny story really. Actually not that funny, but I lost all forms of identification and couldn't buy smokes anymore and it was a real hassle driving 15-20 miles just to go buy a pack of stogies so I went and bought some starter kit from apollo. It held me down for a while but I hated using the thing honestly. I upgraded to an Apollo eGo-VV which I am currently using with a Vivi Mini Nova tank and I couldn't be more psyched on it.

sdodd

Jan 14, 2013
Delaware
Started with a no name brand...not bad flavor...just horribly hard draw and little vapor. I really wanted to quit the cigs so I looked more into popular brands and found one I really liked. I now love to vape and have a bunch of c3s, T3 and a couple of 808D sticks and X2 volt batteries. My favorite flavors...so far...are Tobaccoberry Suicide, Watermelon and a berries and cream. Loving the savings too...though some months I don't save that much! LOL

dbowen

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
Denver, CO
My first experience vaping was with a cheap ecig from 711. It was horrible and tasted like burnt plastic. A friend of mine, insistent on getting me to convert from analogs, lent me his spare PS prodigy and I've been vaping ever since! I have quite a few PS devices and just recently jumped on the ProVari train and am loving it! My favorite flavors atm are pina colada and strawberry-vanilla malt from ECB.

One of our best friends wanted an e-cig for Christmas. I had never heard of them, so he enthusiastically explained to me what they were. He and I basically started using them together. I got mine about a week after he did, and after some cursory searching online, I chose the Smokeless Image 65mm Volt starter kit as my first e-cig. I'm still using it, and it works fine for now.

It's been about a month, and my husband now uses e-cigs, too. I have been totally cigarette-free since a week after starting. My husband is down from a pack a day to 1 or 2 every other day after only a week with his. It's wonderful.

My favorite juice is the Earl Grey flavor from DFW Vapor.

My husband's favorite is the Domestic PG-free juice from Johnson's Creek Smoke Juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread