Status
Not open for further replies.

rhodzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Yorkshire, England
www.rhodzy.com
Yeah I know that feeling! So nice to be able to have a vape inside! Although I have noticed a lot of places here in the UK are banning them in bars and so on! No idea why!

I first discovered ecigs when I was at the gas station. They had one of those Blu disposables on the counter for $10 so I picked one up to vape at the bar with friends later that night and when it ran out of juice I found myself disappointed and wanting more because it was great to be able to puff on it while watching TV and sipping a rum and coke.

ryback81

Mar 30, 2013
United States
I quit going on 4 years ago this December, by using dip (smokeless tobacco). I got heavily addicted to dip, and dipped pretty much all day along except when I ate. I was pack and a half a day smoker for nearly 20 years. 6 months ago my ex girlfriend suggested I try a e-cig, and I said what the hell I do miss blowing smoke, maybe they work.

So I went to the gas station and tried some disposables and ended up buying a Logic cigalike kit. I pretty much quit dipping within 2 days of getting my logic. I wasn't completely satisfied with the cigalike so I started googling and found ECF and settled on buying a provari and a carto tank. That definitely did the trick, and I have not looked back.

I think I'm one of the only people here who quit dipping with ecigs.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Smoked tobacco alittle over 52 years. 2.5 PAD when I started vaping. Found out about vaping and this site around 3 years ago. Took me 6 months of doing "Double Duty" before I was solo vaping. DIY'ed my own eliquid. Got concerned I was vaping too much Cinnamon. Left it out of the next batch. 24 hours later I discovered I'd Accidently left the nicotine out of that batch also. Feb 6th was my last vape. Went into hospitals for 22 days. (Not vape related). Didn't take a ProVari with me. Now I don't have an urge to do either. Don't mind being around those vaping. . .can't say the same about smokers. Good luck with your quit(s).

Cheers,
otrpu

rhodzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Yorkshire, England
www.rhodzy.com
Thats really good! (not the hospital part obviously!)

I just like vaping without nicotine now!

Smoked tobacco alittle over 52 years. 2.5 PAD when I started vaping. Found out about vaping and this site around 3 years ago. Took me 6 months of doing "Double Duty" before I was solo vaping. DIY'ed my own eliquid. Got concerned I was vaping too much Cinnamon. Left it out of the next batch. 24 hours later I discovered I'd Accidently left the nicotine out of that batch also. Feb 6th was my last vape. Went into hospitals for 22 days. (Not vape related). Didn't take a ProVari with me. Now I don't have an urge to do either. Don't mind being around those vaping. . .can't say the same about smokers. Good luck with your quit(s).

Cheers,
otrpu

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Have tried patches, gum no luck. Acupuncture worked great for my dad but not me. Welbutrin made me sick as a dog even though I wasn't cheating. Chantix I have a med conflict with.

I don't think I really wanted to quit. Probabaly why I wouldn't go under for hypno. Fast foward and after 37 years of smoking, I was tired of the coughing, bronchitis, feeling like crap, the stench, the cost and the list goes on...

So I decided that some less was better than 1 1/2pad so I decided to give vaping a shot. I spent almost my weeks smoking allowance on a cig a like kit and some 24 mg juice. Told myself if I didn't see progress in a week then I could say I'd tried everything. Haven't had a hit off an analog since. At 2 weeks I rewarded myself with an Evod kit. 4 month reward will be an MVP2.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
I quit only because of vaping... I will say that it has been quite effortless. I'm a little over a month in and I have never once had an urge for a cigarette. I can honestly say vaping saved my life.

Same here.
Started vaping and made the switch immediately, completely and effortlessly.
I will be a 100% vaper for 2 years next Monday, 4 November. :)

Edit:
And I was not even looking to quit smoking. Just to cut down a little, because heavy smoking in the evening was not doing me good. :) I never even considered quitting smoking, not in all my 35 years as a heavy smoker. Not once. Not ever. - The switch to e-cigs just happened. And it has done me a world of good.

Last edited:
Tried just about everything with no lasting results. A couple of guys in the plant turned me on to vaping, so I started lurking in the forums here to see what it was all about. Ordered some hardware and juice a couple of weeks ago, and double dipped for about a week. By then I couldn't stand the taste of an analog anymore. Went vape only and am loving it! Problem now is the techie in me has the itch to tinker.......

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
I tried the gum, had bad reaction to it and went back to smoking. I quit once using welbuterin (sp?) and the nicotine patches for 6 months, got mad at my husband went for a walk, instead of turning right I went left and ended up buying cigarettes so that ended that. Decade and a half later I tried vaping and haven't looked back....no longer married, so no getting angry at a husband, but even that couldn't cause me enough stress to go back to cigarettes with vaping at hand. This has really been a blessing to quitting the cigs.

danc13

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Rochester, NY, USA
Im 18 and was smoking between half to one and a half packs a day for two years. The first thing i did every morning after waking up before eating or taking a shower and getting ready was smoke a cigarette to get my day started and quickly gained a pretty strong dependence on nicotine. Tired of smelling like cigarettes all the time, spending $10 a pack, constant complaints about my habit from friends and family, and always needing to stop what i was doing to go out and smoke i decided to attempt kicking the habit and began using nicotine gum. For about a week i used the gum to cut down on the amount i smoked daily and hopfully ween myself off completely but the gum took time to chew and didnt give me the instant nicotine i was use to with smoking. I had always for some reason been very anti ecig and always just stuck with the classic combustible cigarette never even trying a drag off any of my friends egos, but after a trip to the dentist for a cavity with a fully numbed face and warnings not to chew for the risk of biting my tounge off i relized gum was not an option at that time and stoped at the gas station to buy my first electronic cigarette, the BLU disposable. I liked the instant intake of nicotine and the familiar "smoking" sensation i was use to and quickly upgraded to BLUs rechargeable pack. At this point i have worked my way down to 6mg nicotine e liquid from the 24mg Blu disposable and have ventured into using many different vaping devices as vaporizing has become more of a hobby than an addiction for me. Currently vaping on my itaste134 and loving it more than ever.

RubyRuby

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
British Columbia, Canada
My story is much like many others - 40 years of smoking, tried everything, could not stay quit. With vaping, I have not had a stinky in 3 weeks & am not suffering. I am getting very frustrated with the equipment & juices I have - this is a learning curve! - but I have better materials on order. The tough part is all the choices without enough real information to make good decisions. The great part is that my frustration does NOT make me want to go back to smoking - it just makes me want to vape better! (Please, no one tell me get a provari!)

rhodzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Yorkshire, England
www.rhodzy.com
Well done rubyruby!

I'm nearly 3 weeks quit and pretty much the same with the frustration! I wouldn't go back though! I won't tell you to get a provari!

My story is much like many others - 40 years of smoking, tried everything, could not stay quit. With vaping, I have not had a stinky in 3 weeks & am not suffering. I am getting very frustrated with the equipment & juices I have - this is a learning curve! - but I have better materials on order. The tough part is all the choices without enough real information to make good decisions. The great part is that my frustration does NOT make me want to go back to smoking - it just makes me want to vape better! (Please, no one tell me get a provari!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread