How do I build a magma on an e-Vic VtC so it won't blow up in my face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
Been hearing too many news stories of mods blowing up in people's faces so I just want to make sure I'm doing this magma rda rebuild correctly.

Single coil or dual?
How many wraps?
What size bit should I wrap it in?

I currently have 26awg kanthal a1 wire and 32ga kanthal a1 wire, which one should I use for the e-Vic vtc mini with paradigm magma clone?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Been hearing too many news stories of mods blowing up in people's faces so I just want to make sure I'm doing this magma rda rebuild correctly.

Single coil or dual?
How many wraps?

I currently have 26awg kanthal a1 wire and 32ga kanthal a1 wire, which one should I use for the e-Vic vtc mini with paradigm magma clone?
Don't worry about it.

Yes there have been some batteries blow up on vapers.

I have 4 pieces of advice.

1. Give the efest and the 18650 batteries for flashlights the heave ho, and get some good quality batteries like LG HG2 or Sansung25r or Sony high drain batteries.

2. Don't build too low. You don't need .01 ohm resistance to get a good vape. I usually build to .8-1 ohm.

3. Don't abuse your batteries. By getting every scrap of Current out of them.

4. After about 4 months retire the batteries from vaping and use in flashlights and other devices.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Single coil or dual?
How many wraps?

I forgot to answer the wire part.

I use 26 gauge exclusively on any RTA with post holes, and 28 gauge on RTAs where I trap the leads under screw heads such as the Kayfun and similar. If the screw heads were bigger I would use nothing but 26 gauge.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Repeating this here:

No need to retire batteries after four months. With normal use they're good for far longer (I have some that are more than two years old and are still going strong). It's time to retire the batteries when you notice that they don't hold their charge well anymore. Of course, when putting a lot of stress on the batteries they will wear out faster, but the same indicators apply. Throwing them out early is just a waste, particularly as li-ion (including icr, inr, imr etc) are hazardous waste.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: Woofer

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Most or all the mods blowing up are mechanical (mech) mods, with no overload or short circuit protection. If you do an unsafe build it will (or should :) )refuse to fire. In spite of that, learn all you can so you don't have to rely on that circuit protection too often. I own a couple of VTC Mini's. They are good mods. I personally only run them at 20-25W, 35W max, but I think a little conservatism is a good thing. Opinions vary on how conservative you should be. If you are nervous, then remember: no one ever blew up a mod by running too low of a power level :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread