The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How do i change liquids in my tanks?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by d.weglarz13, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. d.weglarz13

d.weglarz13 Full Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Hey again guys. I was wondering how I change juices in my tanks? Do i need to clean them with something first?
    Or can I just vape until empty, then just add another different flavor?

Thanks

dave

2. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    It depends upon the tanks you are using. It also depends upon the flavor of the juices.

If using a clearomizer tank and you plan on changing to a similar flavor, you can just add the new flavored juice without cleaning the tank. For instance, changing from a similar fruit flavor to another fruit flavor. But if switching from a coffee or tobacco flavor to something entirely different like a fruit flavor, you'd need to clean the tank first. Just rinsing it under a stream of water should be adequate. Possibly dry burning the heating coil a couple of times for a couple of seconds each.

If using a cartomizer tank, you would likely need to remove the cartomizer. A cartomizer has poly filler which retains flavor. Start a new flavor with an entirely fresh cartomizer (pre-filling it first, of course).

• Like Like x 1
  3. wandawag

wandawag Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 27, 2013
    jacksonville, florida
    i have done both. i do rinse with hot water mostly between refills....makes it all fresh for the next flavor to come through. welcome to ecf. enjoy your vape.

• Like Like x 1
  4. d.weglarz13

d.weglarz13 Full Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Ok, what is dry burning? Is that vaping it with no liquid in it?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Exactly, and not inhaling. Just turning the power switch on for a second or two to burn off retained juice gunk on the heating coil. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roastpork

Roastpork Full Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Bucks County PA
    Just cleaned my tanks 5 mins ago. Boiled some water and used a strained spoon. I kept dunking them every couple minutes to to kind of flush them out. They had alot of buildup on the inside and now its gone. Only took 15 minutes and they are like new. Had a new replacement coil on hand and just switch it up.
    I have rinsed under the sink but boiling worked the best for me. No flavor lingering and obviously sterile. Plus no tap water left over. You can blow most of the excess away and the water left over is distilled as to not affect your flavor (which has happen to me).
    Its worth taking the time if you have it.
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  7. nikkysikk

nikkysikk Moved On ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2013
    Michigan
    I have a clearomizer, a Vision nano, but I use it on my 510 batt. How do I dry burn with it? Do I just have to suffer through the burnt taste or is there another way?

8. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    There's no way to dry burn an auto battery. That's one of the perks of using a manual battery.

9. espio

espio Full Member Verified Member

Feb 27, 2013
    florida
    Generally I just vape what I can until I feel I'm getting to the limit of my tank/clearo/whatever.device.I.have.on, shake out the excess, refill, proceed.

I do use mostly fruit flavors where the overlap doesn't really seem to matter.

10. VAPN STUF

VAPN STUF Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Simple, YouTube that's what I do

11. Neunerball

Neunerball Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    Roswell, GA
    You could just puff, without inhaling the vape. It might taste awfull though.

12. Elantis

Elantis ~≈Dragonfly≈~ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2012
    Hoosier Cornhusker
    Vision Nano's haven't been proven to be cleanable successfully - or at least not to my knowledge. When the flavor drops or you get a burnt taste it is done and you just need to replace the Nano. IMHO.

The build of the Nano looks like a mini-tank but has filler in the bottom around the coil with two small holes that feed the juice. I had several of the 808 threaded variety and attempted to clean some with the Carto cleaning method however there isn't any way to ensure the filler dries out since it is encased in metal.

13. longlife2012
    This message by longlife2012 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 31, 2013, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Apr 21, 2013
  14. Red_Bird

Red_Bird Moved On

Apr 11, 2013
    Montgomery County, NY
    Mix up some distilled water with white vinegar. At least 1/3 vinegar.

Soak clearomizer with wick in it for 30-60 minutes. Rinse it again under hot tap water.

You can change flavors now and taste the newest flavor without the old flavor bleeding through.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KeithB

KeithB Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I'm a lazy vaper; I don't rinse anything. Carto tanks, CE style tanks, I vape 'em empty and just refill. Sure, I get some carryover on the flavor for a little while but I'm ok with it.

16. elited

elited Full Member

Apr 20, 2013
    California
    I only worry about cleaning the tank if i'm using it with a new juice. Otherwise i just refill and change cartomizers. Then again.. i also use a cirrus glass tank - so i might not have to deal with the same problem. Either way - New juice = clean, same juice = use till i need a new carto and then i just swap out the carto. I dont seem to notice any flavor difference UNLESS the carto is bad.

17. Kablin

Kablin Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Florida
    I using 3 pro tanks in rotation during the day for different flavors to avoid extra cleaning. When time to change flavor in one of them I just rinse them under hot water, rolled couple times in the napkins until they dry and refill. Works great!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

18. Kwahrk

Kwahrk Full Member

May 7, 2012
    Chicago
    I just add another flavor....But I'm not picky....I even eat the food on my plate if the different foods are touching!

19. obscure_shadow

obscure_shadow Full Member

Apr 17, 2013
    nashville, tn, usa
    some auto batteries use air vents on the bottom (on the sides of the little led cover) and when air goes through this is how the battery activates, so you can stick the battery end in your mouth and blow (basically vape it backwards) to do the dry burn.... not all batteries are designed this way so this might not work on all of them, and it might not be good for the battery or something (im no expert) but i have done this, and it has worked for me, but do it at your own risk :) also if that doesnt work and you can fit the whole thing in your mouth up to the end of the carto, you can deepthroat the whole thing and blow and it will work that way....

20. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

I tried that a couple of times, but even after soaking in water for days was never able to get the vinegar taste out.

21. ardelleg

ardelleg Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2011
    Alaska
    Like Kwahrk I just randomly add whatever I want to use next, get some interesting combinations some times but haven't come across anything that wasn't vapable, at least so far.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.