How do I know if my tank is broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alannaleola

Jul 15, 2019
Helloooo! So I have an eleaf Ijust2 and have had it for about 5 years now. Recently I've been having trouble with the tank not screwing on to the battery. If I hold the two pieces together it works fine, but you can see how this can be kind of annoying lol. I was wondering if maybe its an issue with my tank, or do any of you think I should just replace the battery? I was debating on just buying a mod or a new battery instead of replacing the whole thing, but am kind of worried that the tank wont work on another device.. any advice?

• Love
Reactions: HigherStateD

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well, since that model uses an internal battery it's about time to replace the mod. They generally are only good for about 300 charge cycles, so if you have been using it and charging it daily you have more than gotten your money's worth from it after 5 years.

If the battery is still good as new, then the most likely problem is a center pin issue in the 510 connection. An easy fix.

You could also have stripped the threads of either the tank or the mod after 5 years use. China's metal is not high quality stuff and not very durable.

Last edited:

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
From a bit of research I've determined that the iJust2 is a mech mod direct output device connected to a tank with a standard 510 connector, and the tank takes a single 0.3ohm coil. The output is rated at up to 80W (4.9V) with a fresh charge. So assuming the threads aren't messed up you should be able to transplant that tank onto any modern mod and have it work. Modern mods are capable of sustaining the same voltage even as the battery weakens, so you won't experience that gradual dropoff in power between charges.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Helloooo! So I have an eleaf Ijust2 and have had it for about 5 years now. Recently I've been having trouble with the tank not screwing on to the battery. If I hold the two pieces together it works fine, but you can see how this can be kind of annoying lol. I was wondering if maybe its an issue with my tank, or do any of you think I should just replace the battery? I was debating on just buying a mod or a new battery instead of replacing the whole thing, but am kind of worried that the tank wont work on another device.. any advice?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Suggest you try saving what works for you, could first try:
Purchasing a sacrificial attachment 510-510 M/F adapter plated brass.
I suspect that your mod battery-thread is near stripped by repeated tank disassembles. Normally the tank threads are a harder metal compound than the internal mod threads. Could try screwing the adapter brass thread into the mod and see if you get a secure connection, then add the tank.
Or as previously mentioned, go with a new mod (I would still purchase the adapter, I use them on my 2 mods).
Recommend variable wattage:
Eleaf iStick 30W MOD
510 to eGo Adapter

Tank
"Parameter:
iJust 2/iJust 2 Mini atomizer:
Length: 67.5mm/57.5mm
Diameter: 22mm/22mm
Capacity: 5.5ml/2ml
Color: Silver
Thread type: 510 thread <-------------------------
Material: Stainless steel"

re:iJust 2 Kit is Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit | Eleafworld

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
Yup, after 5 years daily use of an internal battery, it's thinking about retirement, sooner or later when you least expect it. As others have said, if the tank thread is good keep it as a spare and get a new setup, we all need 2. Or 8, even 32 ...

DO NOT go and look at this thread for replacement ideas :w00t: Good luck!

Shinyitis Support Group

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread