How do I prevent the top hardware on my clearomizer from sticking again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rammstein

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Green Bay, USA
I unscrew the top hardware on the Aspire nautilus tank Aspire Nautilus Tank , and couldn't unscrew it so I had to use a pliers and my old Nautilus and the glass broke. I've never unscrewed the top hardware before so I don't know if it ever did but I know it's supposed to. How do I prevent the top hardware from getting stuck like this in the future? (I've ordered two new Aspire Nautilus tanks already.)

UncleMike

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2015
Nova Scotia
You're unscrewing the bottom base from the nautilus tank first right? Once you have the bottom part off the tank with the coil/atomizer still in the base, then the top should screw off easily. Remember to not overtighten things when putting it back together either. I typically rub a little juice around the bottom silicon base to help it screw on easier and then finger tighten only. That sucks that you ended up breaking the glass tank on your other nautilus .. oh .. and you do realize they sell replacment glass too without having to buy the whole tank right?

rammstein

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Green Bay, USA
Are there any parts to the Nautilus other than the Drip tip, Upper hardware, PYREX Glass tank, Replaceable Atomizer, Airflow adjustment ring and bottom hardware? I mean do any of those parts break down any further?

I did know about the glass replacements, however, I didn't think of replacing the glass at the time... a shame really because their are cooler tanks out there.

You're unscrewing the bottom base from the nautilus tank first right? Once you have the bottom part off the tank with the coil/atomizer still in the base, then the top should screw off easily. Remember to not overtighten things when putting it back together either. I typically rub a little juice around the bottom silicon base to help it screw on easier and then finger tighten only. That sucks that you ended up breaking the glass tank on your other nautilus .. oh .. and you do realize they sell replacment glass too without having to buy the whole tank right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread