How do you clean a penstyle atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooper

Nov 7, 2008
Texas
I have two penstyles, one njoy one Puresmoker. The njoy one got worse and worse as time went on from use, so I figured I'd pick up a new one. Got the new one last week, enjoying nice deep hits once again.

Cut to this morning when I inhale, the battery lights up, but nothing happens. I'm going to return the new one but I'd like to know if/how you can clean one of these out for future reference.

D

Dukeboy08

I try and Steam clean my atomizer every 7 days. To Clean:I just hold it next to the kettle hole for about 2-3 seconds on each end. blow into the battery connector end to remove most of the moisture and repeat twice and then let dry(or use hairdryer on low for about 5-10 minutes) but I usually have a Back up atomizer so most of the time I will just let it sit over night.

Wooper

Nov 7, 2008
Texas
Well hope you have a lot of time for reading because there's lots to be said there :D

Lu

The first page helped actually, blowing really hard into the other end caused a ton of liquid to come out. I still need to et a can of air though, as that probably is a better job than two lungs. Granted, my NJOY is 3 months old so it's on its way out anyhow, but at least it's a temporary fix until I get my new one exchanged.

I try and Steam clean my atomizer every 7 days. To Clean:I just hold it next to the kettle hole for about 2-3 seconds on each end. blow into the battery connector end to remove most of the moisture and repeat twice and then let dry(or use hairdryer on low for about 5-10 minutes) but I usually have a Back up atomizer so most of the time I will just let it sit over night.

A month ago I ran water through it and let it dry overnight but it didn't seem to help much.

When payday hits I should just stock up on extras in general.

but I'd like to know if/how you can clean one of these out for future reference.

Running warm water through it doesn't do very much on its own.

You'll need to actually boil some water and drop in it for 5-10 minutes, along with some dishsoap. And then swirl it around a bit. Then run it through warm tap water, remove the trapped water inside by blowing through the back, and finally let it sit & dry.

I find that after such a cleaning, it takes several inhales to bring the taste back up to an optimal level. But the draw is at least 2X better and the juice vapes so much nicer compared to when it's all dirty & clogged.

Regularly cleaning your atomizers (every 4 - 7 days) in super hot water like this is an absolute must do procedure as far as I'm concerned. Or at the very least, cleaning them in some other way using a different technique.

IMPORTANT: Don't forget to add 3-4 drops of liquid into the atomizer before you begin using it again after a cleaning! Or else you'll risk frying it - they aren't designed to heat up when bone dry like that.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Many of us here hold to the theroy that boiling is a hit or miss thing when it comes to atomizers. Some swear by it, but many do not thing the little wires within the atomizer can take that kind of treatment. If you have ever taken one apart you would see just how thin the wires are--so if you must--do it as a last resort. Canned air works good to clear the nasty taste if you get hit with the battery cleaning cycle. But that only goes so far. The atomizers really are disposable parts--3-4 weeks for us heavy vaporers....

Tallulah

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Chicago IL USA
I guess I'm still confused about what sometimes happens -- cleaning cycle, stuck switch, funky battery, or whatsit?

I had a brand new (2 days' use) penstyle atomizer get super hot with my USB passthrough battery yesterday, detached it immediately, but not before it did something utterly foul -- I let the atomizer cool off for a couple of hours, and then tried it again. Lots of vapor, but my lord, it tasted horrible, like burned, sweaty, nylon socks.

As it's worthless to me now, I'm going to try boiling and/or steaming it, but I sure wish I knew what happened.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I guess I'm still confused about what sometimes happens -- cleaning cycle, stuck switch, funky battery, or whatsit?

I had a brand new (2 days' use) penstyle atomizer get super hot with my USB passthrough battery yesterday, detached it immediately, but not before it did something utterly foul -- I let the atomizer cool off for a couple of hours, and then tried it again. Lots of vapor, but my lord, it tasted horrible, like burned, sweaty, nylon socks.

As it's worthless to me now, I'm going to try boiling and/or steaming it, but I sure wish I knew what happened.

Make sure your pressure switch in your usb is not getting stuck on--some e-liquid might have got down inside it!! All USB passthoughs we have recieved do not had a the cleaning cycle--thank god!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread